Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Season's Worst Away Fixture

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Spurs at the now totally devalued Wembley .

We could play at Wembley seven times next season. Spurs in the league, League Cup and FA Cup, FA Cup semis and final, League Cup final and the Zenith LDV paint trophy final.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
At least you can get a drink in the cricket club at Burnley, even if you do have to put up with the neanderthal homophobic locals on the way there.

Croydon is a disgusting place year round, but at least its not far away.

But its no surprise that Stoke is the most popular choice on this thread. Absolutely no positives that I can think of from any time I have been there.
Totally unwelcoming, freezing cold, and you'd have to be bloody old to remember when we got any sort of result there

Stoke early or late in the season, when you can walk there and back along the canal towpath, and get a hot oatcake at the narrow boat? Much nicer than, say, Reading. Mind you, if it's in winter, then no arguments.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We could play at Wembley seven times next season. Spurs in the league, League Cup and FA Cup, FA Cup semis and final, League Cup final and the Zenith LDV paint trophy final.

Nick, I'm not supposed to be drinking, but can I have just a small one, of whatever you're drinking ???

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
For me Palace is by far the worst away fixture. As a fan who lives far from Brighton, I'll be hoping for the scraps of maybe getting away tickets at Stoke and Burnley. I'll get to the four Liverpool/Manchester away games, but I'll be sitting on my hands in the home ends. I'm going to miss being with the Brighton away fans this year.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
For me Palace is by far the worst away fixture. As a fan who lives far from Brighton, I'll be hoping for the scraps of maybe getting away tickets at Stoke and Burnley. I'll get to the four Liverpool/Manchester away games, but I'll be sitting on my hands in the home ends. I'm going to miss being with the Brighton away fans this year.

Unless it's the first or last game of the season, you'll get a ticket! We won't sell out to those two places in my opinion

P.S. I'll be at the Liverpool game also, in a home box (brother works for a company up there that has a swanky box). Can't say I'll enjoy watching Liverpool hammer five past us, but one of the games that has made this season's promotion that much sweeter!!!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Unless it's the first or last game of the season, you'll get a ticket! We won't sell out to those two places in my opinion

P.S. I'll be at the Liverpool game also, in a home box (brother works for a company up there that has a swanky box). Can't say I'll enjoy watching Liverpool hammer five past us, but one of the games that has made this season's promotion that much sweeter!!!

Surely you will sell out all away games next season, you dont get many tickets to either of these? Read many saying United due to the atmosphere - as an away fan they put you in one of the corners and they have a decent group based near there, it is one of the better grounds for atmosphere even if they are mostly from London. Wembley will be full week in week out but full of tourists so the atmosphere mat be dull but I have to agree with many, Stoke is a bad away day, even on a nice Saturday September afternoon

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here