Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Bruno be sold?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If we only want to fund 8 defenders in the squad ( which sems to be what we've done for the last few years ) then that gives us :

Rosenior
Bruno
Calderon

Greer
Dunk

Chicksen

So we need 2 more as it stands - a left back, and a central defender - to make up the 8. Which still leaves us missing 1 in central defence, in order that we have 4 in that position.

This leads me to think that Bruno will only be retained if :

(a) Ince is regarded as 4th choice central defender, as well as defensive midfield, or
(b) The left back we bring in also plays central defence, or
(c) Glenn Rea steps up to the squad in an emergency as for cover central defence.

Or, (d) Rosenoir plays left back ...
... there's probably also an (e), an (f), ...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Calde will IMO will again be competing for a place in midfield.....or the bench.

This is how I see things working out also.

Rosenior has played 95% of his football as a RB, i really dont see him playing left back unless we have injuries.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt complain if either Bruno or Calderon was sold to facilitate Rosenior but I do not think it will happen. Why give Calderon a new contract if that was the intention to let one go.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
There's an e) option that seems obvious to me:
Calde and Rosenior are both able to play on either side. So both could start, and then keep switching sides to confuse the opposition.
Bruno may well then be third choice full back, or used in midfield, but would certainly not be surplus to requirements.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There's an e) option that seems obvious to me:
Calde and Rosenior are both able to play on either side. So both could start, and then keep switching sides to confuse the opposition. .
Bruno may well then be third choice full back, or used in midfield, but would certainly not be surplus to requirements.[/QUOTE

The simple question is obvious; is either still good enough to be 1st choice?. Bruno could be but Calderon definitely isnt if we
wish to progress.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe nobody has asked the obvious question.

If we sell Bruno should we keep that Saltor fellow?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I would wait to see where else we strengthen but ideally move on. Bit of a liability. But no one is going to pay us, shirley

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A bit extra: I really have no problem with Bruno playing right midfield next season. Especially if we've got LR bombing on from right back, a decent left-sided midfielder/winger, and a fantastic centre-forward scoring goals and holding things up for Baldock to run on to.

His flair and reading of the game is better suited further upfield and he is probably better for us than the Iranian guy in truth.

Does anyone know if we are still after Ward?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Please let this be true. The man is a ****ing liability as a defender, which you know is his JOB.

Get rid. In fact I will personally drive him to wherever he wants to go.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Please let this be true. The man is a ****ing liability as a defender, which you know is his JOB.

Get rid. In fact I will personally drive him to wherever he wants to go.

I need a lift the London on the 4th if that's ok..?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hope not, really not a fan of right footed left backs. Accident waiting to happen.

And yes Maldini before anyone says it.

Paul Watson ???
Denis Irwin ???
The player who has played on the left wing for us most over the last few years is right-footed which I think is a bigger issue.

Then there is this chap:

andreasbrehme.jpg

Not sure I've seen a better genuinely two-footed player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here