Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Stealthy Speed Camareas on M25

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This is a strange story to bring up now, as there have been hundreds of speed cameras hidden behind signage gantries all round the M25 for several years, wonder why this story has been picked up by the papers and news sites.

They used to only use them when variable speed limits were in place.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Having just driven down from North Wales for tomorrow's game I can assure people there is no danger of getting flashed on the M25 tonight.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Put the car into cruise control then you'll never go over the limit you've set (provided of course your car has the option)

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
When are they are on between Jct 7 and 14? It only states 5-6.
Anyone know?

if you go on googlemaps and go to streetview you can see them and find out what junctions they are near. i drive past them alot of the time and see them going off a lot because people are always going over 70mph

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You won't trigger the camera at 80mph, unless they have dropped the speed limit to 50mph or less. You have to really be taking the piss to get caught on the M25 cameras.

When the variable speed limits are being enforced they are catching out motorists thinking they can do 10% over and get away with it but there isn't any leeway.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Not the answer I know but why build cars that can do 100 mph + when the speed limit is 70 why not fit a restriction mechanism to uk registered cars to make them incapable of doing more than 80 mph.

Something like this you mean?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Us-Big-Brother-bid-fit-car-speed-limiter.html

Automatic speed limiters as fitted in some Jags are a much better idea in my opinion - the driver can set the maximum speed when entering a speed limited zone and the car won't accelerate beyond that speed until cancelled.

It has to be remembered that many people drive there cars on other European roads - why should a visitor to Germany be restricted to UK speed limits?

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
In a 50mph section, cruise at 56mph on your speedo. Most are calibrated at 5-10 % over. Based on 2 radars round my way I'm doing 30mph when the speedo reads 33mph. I base tge 56mph on adding one for luck :)

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
That's am interesting point. I've never known anyone caught on average speed... has anyone?

On my Speed Awareness Course 2 years ago, over one third of the people were there for high average speed - on the M62 50mph over about 15 miles. The speeds were 57 to 65 mph. Obviously any higher and it goes straight to fine and 3 points.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
On my Speed Awareness Course 2 years ago, over one third of the people were there for high average speed - on the M62 50mph over about 15 miles. The speeds were 57 to 65 mph. Obviously any higher and it goes straight to fine and 3 points.

The M62 may as well be called the A62 at the moment! It will all be worth it in the end :albion2:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
1500 odd motorists caught in 3 months on the M25 ? That's a drop in the ocean, no cause for complaint given the 2.5 K a month caught by the Handcross average speed cameras a while back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here