Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best Brighton goal you have ever seen live?...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Elliott Bennett vs Walsall for me

My honourable mentions that are often forgotten: Bruno v Bolton, Harley v Peterborough & LuaLua v Liverpool

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I guess its about context.

Being behind the goal at Highbury rammed in among so many fans when Jimmy put his thunderbolt in was magical. As was the first goal in the final.

Can't recall it now, but the goal that made us all but promoted a few months ago. I may have got something in my eye.

Sometimes you just have a prefect view. Again can't recall, but most of our games last season were in the south. There was one when we broke from deep in our half and the ball was pinged across the park and the final shot saw the ball coming in line towards me so I knew it was in.

Robinson at the old place against Liverpool was mad, because that was when Liverpool were the team to beat.

The one Zamora scored (his last in the stripes?) at the Amex v Huddersfield - started the move, ran length of pitch, scored and probably had to go and have a lie down. Special because it was the first Zamora goal youngest Potting had witnessed. Left the Club for Spurs two months before she was born!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Said it before, say it again...

Nelson V Brentford - FA Cup.

Alas, no cameras at the match to record it believe it or not.

No idea when or who this was but many years ago when God's dog was a puppy we were away to Halifax at the Shay. Goal kick to Halifax, all other players were walking up the pitch including the right back who had just come back on after ending up behind the goal line. The keeper passed to him and he didn't see it, the ball went behind him and out of play for a corner which, being directly from a goal kick, was impressive enough.

Said goalkeeper then runs over to the right back and starts berating him, meanwhile our winger grabs the ball which had ended up close to the corner flag and takes a quick corner. Only one man was left in the penalty, an Albion player who was slow in moving out, and he scored a tap in even I couldn't have missed.

You had to be there.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brian Bromley V Tranmere. I was in the North Stand. He scored in the South. Superb.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Jeez, very hard question to answer!!

I'm going to say Munday's wonder curler away at Leicester in the League Cup in 1993.........but to be honest, could easily add another ten plus that were amazing in their own way and be my number one.

****EDIT*****

Didn't realise this goal had been posted on page 1, and I got the year wrong (but only a year admittedly! 23 years ago, unbelievable)

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So many to choose from but if I really had to choose one it would probably be Gary Williams against Forest, it was a perfect day at The Goldstone a great match against a top side.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
In terms of goals that got me shouting "****!! - did you see that?!" it would be:

Lawrenson v Wolves in '79 - mazy dribble through pretty much their whole team
Zamora v Halifax in the pissing rain at Withdean
Skalek v QPR - he was more surprised that anyone and didn't really know what to do

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't get to watch the Albion live very often, but I do seem to have a happy knack of being in the right place to see some of our most stunning goals (as well as some wet miserable Friday nights at Tranmere and the like!) For me:
* Willie Irvine vs. Villa;
* Tommy Frazer overhead kick at Hereford;
* Ince's blast at Swindon;
* Sidwell at Bristol City.
I think Willie Irvine's, viewed from my favourite spot towards the south end of he west stand, has got to be the best.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Chippy first time blockbuster in to the top corner v Plymouth (season opener at Withdean from memory)

Bobby at home to Ipswich on a cold dark Withdean night - slowed the ball down to a stop 20 odd yards out and placed it beautifully over the keeper in to the corner

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Zamora v Halifax was my immediate instinct when I saw the thread title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Agree with: Ulloa v Palace; Lawrenson v Wolves and Jimmy Case at Highbury, all magnificent.
I'd add a rarely if ever mentioned goal by Sam Baldock v Derby last season at The Amex. A simple finish after a a move of at least 20 passes. I said to my mate as the move was building " if this goes in... ". Absolutely sublime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here