Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Destiny 2

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
Anyone here playing the beta this week?

Seems good so far, the story mission was way better than anything in the first game.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Haven't pre-ordered it, will play the open beta on Friday though.
Still need to do the raids in the first one, can never find a decent fireteam that works together though.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If I'm being honest, the reviews would have to be close to a 10 for me to touch it. The first one was one of the biggest gaming let downs in years. And there are so many excellent games to enjoy, and such a limited time to do so, I can't imagine I'd waste it on that.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
If I'm being honest, the reviews would have to be close to a 10 for me to touch it. The first one was one of the biggest gaming let downs in years. And there are so many excellent games to enjoy, and such a limited time to do so, I can't imagine I'd waste it on that.

I bought 1 on opening day without ever hearing about it - not gamed for a few years then bought a new PS4 randomly on the day of release as I had just bought a house and wanted one to play - man in the shop told me to get it with Destiny in the bundle and I did not regret - I think the fact I had no pre-hype made it all the better for me

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I bought 1 on opening day without ever hearing about it - not gamed for a few years then bought a new PS4 randomly on the day of release as I had just bought a house and wanted one to play - man in the shop told me to get it with Destiny in the bundle and I did not regret - I think the fact I had no pre-hype made it all the better for me

Yeh, quite possibly. I think I'm incredibly bored of that particular genre of game now considering there are just 100s of shooting games with similar mechanics out there. It feels tired and I found a lot of the missions nothing short of mind numbingly boring. There was potential there, there really was, but I don't think it achieved much of it. I'm still surprised there were reviews rating it in the 7/8s out of 10.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Yeh, quite possibly. I think I'm incredibly bored of that particular genre of game now considering there are just 100s of shooting games with similar mechanics out there. It feels tired and I found a lot of the missions nothing short of mind numbingly boring. There was potential there, there really was, but I don't think it achieved much of it. I'm still surprised there were reviews rating it in the 7/8s out of 10.

I played it in a group including IRL friends and some I found on LFG raid group who are based in the US and about 5/10 of them so there is always someone around which is good. I think its beyond just a shooter as its an MMORPG as well if you play it that way. As I say I had never heard of it before I got it as I had been out of the loop

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I played it in a group including IRL friends and some I found on LFG raid group who are based in the US and about 5/10 of them so there is always someone around which is good. I think its beyond just a shooter as its an MMORPG as well if you play it that way. As I say I had never heard of it before I got it as I had been out of the loop

The MMORPG elements had potential, and they played them up a lot in the advertising, but they were seriously underdeveloped. Despite that, they tried to milk a lot of money out of people to get the extra weapons and gear (something I'm still a bit old school about as I hate the idea of DLC).

Still, I'm not knocking anyone for playing these games, as everyone has different tastes, but there are games I would much prefer to be playing so it's highly unlikely I'll get D2.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Have the first one here but never really played it. Came with the bundle when i brought my PS4. The blockbuster will be "The last of us 2"

I simply hate futuristic shooters. Looking forward to the new Call of Duty in November.

Just got my 4th Platinum yesterday. Ooh exciting.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Will being playing it on Xbox today when the beta goes live.. out of all the other shooters out there, destiny had the best gun mechanics of any game imo. Not sure I like some of the things that they want to do with destiny 2, but definitely willing to give it ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Played it last night for a bit. (Until I got bored.)
Dunno, it just felt like another expansion, an unpolished one at that. Getting stuck on little bits of the scenery and the AI is well... not the smartest, though I guess it was set to uber-easy to give everyone a smooth ride.
Some of the visuals are nice but I just feel like I've seen it all before and it's no real step forward.
Can think of a dozen similar games I'd rather play while the rest of the world no doubt waxes about how awesome this is.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Have the first one here but never really played it. Came with the bundle when i brought my PS4. The blockbuster will be "The last of us 2"

I simply hate futuristic shooters. Looking forward to the new Call of Duty in November.

Just got my 4th Platinum yesterday. Ooh exciting.

I never understood the fascination with The Last of Us, it felt like there was a lot of nothing happening and never found the characters that engaging. Hopefully the sequel will be better.

And I think I may need to get out more as I've recently got my 36th platinum!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I never understood the fascination with The Last of Us, it felt like there was a lot of nothing happening and never found the characters that engaging. Hopefully the sequel will be better.

I found the single player boring and it isn't the reason why i play it. For me it's the multiplayer. Best shooter i've played to date.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014

You have got to be joking? That game is amazing... its all bout the engrossing characters that's what made it so popular!!

That's like saying I don't like water as I didn't find it wet enough..

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
You have got to be joking? That game is amazing... its all bout the engrossing characters that's what made it so popular!!

That's like saying I don't like water as I didn't find it wet enough..

Honestly, thought it was a very bland game. I always get shot down when I say that to people as it won loads of awards, but I just didn't get it.
I might revisit it to see if maybe I missed something, it's been a couple of years since I played it.

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
Did many people play the the other weekend?

Would you recommend getting it?

I've sold my PS4 but would look to get it on the PC. Have they said anything about cross platform playing?

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
I liked the first game a lot and was really looking forward to the sequel, but after playing the beta I found it very dull and generic...think I will cancel my pre order

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Wasn't overly impressed and it won't have me rushing out to buy it. It's basically a destiny expansion, nothing about it felt new.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here