Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
One word - No.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Difficult 1st year at West Ham, gets used to English football kicks on in the 2nd? We have to think outside the box where strikers are concerned because we won't be able to afford the best. Not sure if this is too far outside of the box for them to shoot though...

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Going against the grain here, but I think he showed a lot of promise in the last few games he played. He didn't start enough games to become fully accustomed with the Premier League and I think if a team gave him that he'd be a very good player.

That being said, the ship has sailed :tantrum:

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Going against the grain here, but I think he showed a lot of promise in the last few games he played. He didn't start enough games to become fully accustomed with the Premier League and I think if a team gave him that he'd be a very good player.

That being said, the ship has sailed :tantrum:
How much do you want a bet? If we were serious contenders about him last year then why not now? We won't be getting Abrahams, Defoe or The likes of Sturridge any time soon! Wells could be off as well as Gray but we are not mentioned with either of those.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm conflicted about this one. Didn't do much at West Ham for sure, but a couple of things do go in his favour.

1. First season in English football.
2. Didn't ever seem to get a run at West Ham appearances were fleeting, out of position and in teams without Carroll or anyone who could take the physical pressure off him.

Against, did next to nothing and looked lost most of the time. We must've seen something in the guy though to have chased as hard as we did? Assuming, we were still interested and that is a big assumption. I would expect any fee and any wage demands to have declined substantially. I'd certainly rather see Calleri than say Fraser Campbell or some other serial PL failure, at least there is a possibility he might improve...

That said I'd still rather see someone completely different brought in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Better than anything we've got at the moment....but it's still a no from me

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm conflicted about this one. Didn't do much at West Ham for sure, but a couple of things do go in his favour.

1. First season in English football.
2. Didn't ever seem to get a run at West Ham appearances were fleeting, out of position and in teams without Carroll or anyone who could take the physical pressure off him.

Against, did next to nothing and looked lost most of the time. We must've seen something in the guy though to have chased as hard as we did? Assuming, we were still interested and that is a big assumption. I would expect any fee and any wage demands to have declined substantially. I'd certainly rather see Calleri than say Fraser Campbell or some other serial PL failure, at least there is a possibility he might improve...

That said I'd still rather see someone completely different brought in.
Did we, I don't remember seeing any evidence that the club were chasing him at all?

Quite happy to be corrected.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Did we, I don't remember seeing any evidence that the club were chasing him at all?

Quite happy to be corrected.

About a 1000 pages on NSC says we did lol. In reality who knows? But we were certainly linked in a number of places over a considerable period of time. I think the balance of probability is that we did have discussions at least.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
About a 1000 pages on NSC says we did lol. In reality who knows? But we were certainly linked in a number of places over a considerable period of time. I think the balance of probability is that we did have discussions at least.
I'm certain the recruitment team are aware of this thread, beyond that who knows!

:lolol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
When man lands on Mars this thread will still be going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The greatest thread ever... will live long in the memory...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

This is one of those annoying posts, sorry, but you'll just have to believe me. I can't say how I know but, yes, we did. After initial reluctance, there was some interest once he found out more about the club.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
This is one of those annoying posts, sorry, but you'll just have to believe me. I can't say how I know but, yes, we did. After initial reluctance, there was some interest once he found out more about the club.

Interesting thanks. I doubt there is any interest now but you do wonder if he played in a different team with a CF whether he could've made an impact with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here