Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mitrovic

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pawson is a walking disaster of a ref and you will see him more often next season when you are promoted to PL.

Every Burnley game he officiates, there is controversy....this season he cost us a point in the October home game (0-1) against Arsenal. The winner came in the 6th minute of time added on (only 5 were designated) when Koscielny handled the ball in an offside position before hooking the ball home.
He sent off two of our players when we played you in 2011. The ****.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
And the commentator says "that's the sort of result that champions produce".
No one can get near them obviously.

To be fair he's right, we are yet to produce a win aided and abetted by a truly woeful refereeing decision.

If a few mins into the Reading game, Dunk smashes Kermacunt and breaks both his legs and doesn't even receive a yellow, or a couple of mins into the toon game the ref BRANDISHES a red to Jonjo for shining his head, then we can certainly relate to this idiom.

The last time i remember something significant going for us was Burnley when the ball had clearly crossed the line by a country mile. Just a shame they had it in the net again 2 mins after:facepalm:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
two blatant hand balls in the Newcastle area

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The last time i remember something significant going for us was Burnley when the ball had clearly crossed the line by a country mile.
Following a through ball by Barton who shouldn't have been on the pitch. Lucky us :rolleyes:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pawson is a walking disaster of a ref and you will see him more often next season when you are promoted to PL.

Every Burnley game he officiates, there is controversy....this season he cost us a point in the October home game (0-1) against Arsenal. The winner came in the 6th minute of time added on (only 5 were designated) when Koscielny handled the ball in an offside position before hooking the ball home.

Feck me [MENTION=28805]lancyclaret[/MENTION] , of all teams to receive the rub of the green with refereeing decisions, after last season I would have thought you'd keep quiet and just smile smugly...... [emoji2]

The Barton debacle frankly was unbelievable..... you are right about the Arsenal goal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Feck me [MENTION=28805]lancyclaret[/MENTION] , of all teams to receive the rub of the green with refereeing decisions, after last season I would have thought you'd keep quiet and just smile smugly...... [emoji2]

The Barton debacle frankly was unbelievable..... you are right about the Arsenal goal though.

THIS !!

If he's not a tool, he'll pipe down now...

?

???

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Big clubs always seem to get the decisions. Same in Basketball where the star players can 'travel' (even more than regular NBA players do) etc. and get away with that 'foul' time and again, not to mention charges etc. Certain teams and players seem to always get away with stuff and it's directly linked to the 'profile' of the player.

We just have to get our heads down and work hard though I guess, and 'keep our own noses clean'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You mean like the stonewall penalty Burton had turned down in front of the north on Saturday?

I know the incident you're referring to but it wasn't "stonewall"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know the incident you're referring to but it wasn't "stonewall"

I was 25 yards away from it. It was absolutely a penalty. Stephens absolutely CLATTERED him, with zero possibility of reaching the ball. The only possible question was whether it was in / out of the corner of the area.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was 25 yards away from it. It was absolutely a penalty. Stephens absolutely CLATTERED him, with zero possibility of reaching the ball. The only possible question was whether it was in / out of the corner of the area.

Somebody raised the inside/outside box afterwards (I thought it was definitely inside and a foul), to me the replay looked like it was on the line, so inside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here