Dec 13, 2015
But this is...

"Trolleys thrown on woman's car from Portslade multi-storey car park"

&

"Armed robbers hold up Co-op in Abinger Road, Portslade"

Oh and this To the day even how spooky

"Man charged with mugging in Portslade
- July 27, 2012
A 38-year-old man has been charged with mugging a teenage boy in Portslade earlier this week.
Mark Cawfield, of no fixed address, is due to appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court this morning (Friday 27 July) where he will be charged with the robbery.
The robbery is alleged to have taken place in Locks Hill, Portslade, at about 10.20pm on Tuesday (24 July)."

"

In the interest of balance:
On 5 July 2000 the 1st Portslade Brownies (St Andrew’s) walked ten times around Vale Park and raised £255 to be shared between the NSPCC and the Brownies’ Christmas Fund.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The car park at Tesco's has a ramp which makes it one storey, but hardly multi storey.

You're doing the car park a serious disservice. It has more than a mere ramp, it has three levels which I think qualifies it for use of the prefix "multi" or at least "tri".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pedant Alert:
Boundary Road where Al Jazeera is located is actually in Hove. Station Road, the west side of Boundary Road is Portslade. Same road, but a different name for each side, each in a different town. So in defence of Portsladians it was a poor show from the people of Hove.
Hold your horses. So the guy in the shop was in Hove. I'm not sure which side of the road the mugging took place, or which side the unhelpful pedestrians were, but by god I shall find out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You're doing the car park a serious disservice. It has more than a mere ramp, it has three levels which I think qualifies it for use of the prefix "multi" or at least "tri".

I haven't been over that way for quite a few years. Have they built it up?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry to hear it's happened to you and him.
Thank you, I was beginning to think I was the forgotten victim in all this. I had an Xbox gaming session ruined, as did my online team who died without my protection. I will also pass words of sorrow to them.

My student is fine, he's a tougher lad than I was (am). I'm more annoyed with the reflection of our society, and he's probably more annoyed that he now has a 7pm curfew.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hold your horses. So the guy in the shop was in Hove. I'm not sure which side of the road the mugging took place, or which side the unhelpful pedestrians were, but by god I shall find out.

About time, West Hove is a very dangerous place.

On a more serious note, I hope your student has recovered after the mugging and still feels able to get out and about locally

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Didn't they only end up doing 9 laps though?

Bloody charity scammers!

I hope you're not suggesting that the 1st Portslade Brownies carried out their sponsored walk with anything but the utmost integrity and honesty. Your suggestion that the 1st Portslade Brownies would mislead and defraud their sponsers in such a cold and calculated manner is tantamount to libel and I believe Brown Owl has sufficient and justifiable grounds and evidence to initiate legal proceedings for your slur.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Yes, not only two different towns but two different counties, East Sussex and West Sussex. So if the crime occured in a totally different county to the one in which it was reported it may explain the administritive confusion.
It may also be like America where the police have certain powers only within a certain jurisdiction. So by crossing the County line into West Sussex the muggers could merely cross to the other side of the road and thumb their noses at the East Sussex constabulary who would be powerless to do anything about them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, not only two different towns but two different counties, East Sussex and West Sussex. So if the crime occured in a totally different county to the one in which it was reported it may explain the administritive confusion.
It may also be like America where the police have certain powers only within a certain jurisdiction. So by crossing the County line into West Sussex the muggers could merely cross to the other side of the road and thumb their noses at the East Sussex constabulary who would be powerless to do anything about them.

I thought the East and West Sussex boundary was between Portslade and Southwick. It was when I lived in Stanley Road many many moons ago.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Its even more impressive when you allow for the fact that the roof level is actually on 2 different levels as well - so it COULD be argued that we are talking about a quad-level carparking facility here.

Naturally the panoramic views of downtown Portslade and beyond from up there are nothing short of breathtaking (and I've been up the Rockefeller). Well, I say breathtaking - that might just be the after-effects of humping my bags-for-life up 6 flights of stairs, so as to avoid what have been officially crowned The Slowest Lifts in Western Europe.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
My student is fine, he's a tougher lad than I was (am). I'm more annoyed with the reflection of our society, and he's probably more annoyed that he now has a 7pm curfew.

And to add to the poor lad's misery he has to while away the hours of his curfew in the spartan visitors' room bereft of pictures. Surely you can make an exception to your no pictures for visitors policy in this instance after all he's been through. Might I suggest a nice tranquil land or sea scape.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Quite. Once up the ramp there are 4 (FOUR) distinct levels and Easy is right about both the view and the lifts.

That Tesco's also is home to the friendliest trolley collector in the known universe.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mmm. Funny, but no, it doesn't explain the administrative confusion. Our whole country is the size of one US state, the police should have a common system that allows them to look up a case regardless of which side of a boundary the incident occurred.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think London might be the key to our different attitudes here. Everyone keeps
themselves to themselves broadly. That is the problem.
I understand keeping yourself to yourself, that happens here too, we're not just one big happy family. But if someone says they've been the victim of a crime and asks you to call the police, you should call the police.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thank you, I was beginning to think I was the forgotten victim in all this. I had an Xbox gaming session ruined, as did my online team who died without my protection. I will also pass words of sorrow to them.

WTF is HE being punished??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here