Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laura Kuenssberg - Political Editor of the BBC

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She's an establishment shill. An upper-class tw@t extraordinaire.

I can't vouch for every factoid in this piece but it's definitely worth a look if you're interested, and not too long:

https://theswamp.media/laura-kuenssberg

Weird. An attack on tories using the language of Brietbart, usually reserved for attacks on Labour, Democrats and Remainers. Oh, but the real attack is on the BBC. Now it makes sense. 'Shill' Inded. :wanker:

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Weird. An attack on tories using the language of Brietbart, usually reserved for attacks on Labour, Democrats and Remainers. Oh, but the real attack is on the BBC. Now it makes sense. 'Shill' Inded. :wanker:

I trust that epithet is directed at the author of the piece and not at yours truly? The shame of it lol.

I fancy you're having a bit of trouble comprehending the true nature of the British 'Establishment'. Granted, there's no concrete or agreed definition but the main point is that it completely transcends polar politics, i.e. it's NOT about left or right. Ergo your confusion is quite reasonable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I trust that epithet is directed at the author of the piece and not at yours truly? The shame of it lol.

I fancy you're having a bit of trouble comprehending the true nature of the British 'Establishment'. Granted, there's no concrete or agreed definition but the main point is that it completely transcends polar politics, i.e. it's NOT about left or right. Ergo your confusion is quite reasonable.

You seem to have a bit of trouble comprehending that this is an attack from the right on the BBC, disguised (albeit not very well) as an attack on a 'posh' presnter. Next you'll tell me that UKIP are not right wing, but 'anti-establishment'. Fake news.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Totally incorrect. It's not even 'news'. You seem to have trouble. Full stop. :ffsparr:

Totally correct. I have no trouble recognising fake news.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Totally correct. I have no trouble recognising fake news.

Mate, the article I posted a link to was written by a bloke in his thirties who's clearly a Corbyn supporter. So on what planet could it possibly be construed as 'an attack from the right on the BBC'? That, my friend, is just plain wrong. Just as our pal 'albie' was wrong about his age.

I had never heard of this dude before I saw the article so I knew as much as you. Now I know more, sadly. I really didn't want to have to do this to myself or any of you but you forced me lol. Here you go. From 2014, apparently. Clearly a child. He's probably even younger now, right? Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/JJXrrQ5QqyQ

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Like the BBC as a whole, I find that LK is getting abuse and accusations from both the left and right quite reassuring. If both wings don't like you and think you're biased towards the other, you're probably doing something about right.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Like the BBC as a whole, I find that LK is getting abuse and accusations from both the left and right quite reassuring. If both wings don't like you and think you're biased towards the other, you're probably doing something about right.

Totally this. And I was having a moan about her in the lead up to the GE about how she was up Corbyn's arse - just goes to show that most people hear what they want to hear...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The Beeb do get stick from the left and the right which is a good sign, generally they do a good job. Probably still on of the UK's top 5 brands globally.

Many Mail / Express readers find it left wing, but I guess being in the centre will be left wing when you're on the far right. They dream of Fox News UK, just hope it never comes to that

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mate, the article I posted a link to was written by a bloke in his thirties who's clearly a Corbyn supporter. So on what planet could it possibly be construed as 'an attack from the right on the BBC'? That, my friend, is just plain wrong. Just as our pal 'albie' was wrong about his age.

I had never heard of this dude before I saw the article so I knew as much as you. Now I know more, sadly. I really didn't want to have to do this to myself or any of you but you forced me lol. Here you go. From 2014, apparently. Clearly a child. He's probably even younger now, right? Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/JJXrrQ5QqyQ

OK, I apologise. I think I am getting a bit tired of the politics threads where a minority of posters (not you, I will accept, if you are on the level) are quoting Brietbart and other uncurated web sources to promote perverse ideology. We have had one poster promoting conspiracy theories as being more trustworthy than what might be called establishmnent sources (mmmm....Mulder and Scully). Another was on here defending 'eeny meeny miny mo' etc as a good rhyme for his kid. No point arguing with some of them - they just get abusive ('snowflake, shill' etc), so I have increasingly resorted to 'yah boo' intervention. My bad. :rolleyes:

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
OK, I apologise. I think I am getting a bit tired of the politics threads where a minority of posters (not you, I will accept, if you are on the level) are quoting Brietbart and other uncurated web sources to promote perverse ideology. We have had one poster promoting conspiracy theories as being more trustworthy than what might be called establishmnent sources (mmmm....Mulder and Scully). Another was on here defending 'eeny meeny miny mo' etc as a good rhyme for his kid. No point arguing with some of them - they just get abusive ('snowflake, shill' etc), so I have increasingly resorted to 'yah boo' intervention. My bad. :rolleyes:

Fair enough. I apologise for posting that awful song. There was no need for me to stoop so low!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here