Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Test: England v South Africa at Nottingham, Jul 14-18, 2017

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Now we will find out just how good de Kock is... in at 4 against a pretty challenging attack with assistance from pitch and conditions.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dawson into the attack in the 36th over...

South Africa 101-2 (35.5 overs), Amla 43* de Kock 12* :clap2:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
you know what ....there is no men's cricket on the box here at the moment ......what a ****ing disaster and what a bunch of *****.......you can bet your arse that if the ashes do go ahead this year that there will be some very fruity banter going on from the " poms" in the crowd .......if the aussie pricketers reneg on the india series it could be the end of them .....let's hope so ....!! talk of a 600 million law suit by cricket india.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I would have agreed with you if it had been the Woakes of three years ago but before his recent injury he was bowling just as quick as Wood with more movement and was by far the best bowler in the side.

I actually agree with what you say about Woakes improvement but for me Woakes replaces one of Broad or Anderson in the current team. We need a fast, slingy bowler like Wood, especially in the subcontinent. Wood asks a completely different question from the other 4.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I actually agree with what you say about Woakes improvement but for me Woakes replaces one of Broad or Anderson in the current team. We need a fast, slingy bowler like Wood, especially in the subcontinent. Wood asks a completely different question from the other 4.

Do we need 2 spinners for home test series?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Do we need 2 spinners for home test series?

We don't need 5 seamers and there's not another batsman knocking down the door

I think playing 2 spinners is another nod to getting a team ready to compete in the subcontinent. If we are serious about being better in those conditions then we have to go out there with experienced players. Furthermore, wickets across the world have got flatter, I'm not sure its a bad idea for us to have 2 spinners, especially the left/right arm combo. I think Root's idea is a team for pretty much all conditions rather than horses for courses.

I'm skeptical on Dawson being the right man. However, if he can be the containing spinner, it does take pressure off Moeen because it seems clear to me that's not something he's comfortable with.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have we given up on this?

de Kock and Amla both gone to Broad soon after tea.

SA 194/4

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
and another!

220/5 Faf dP caught brilliantly down the leg side by a diving Bairstow

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
SA putting themselves right in the game at 287-6. Good day for them so far.

Could have been out of sight by now at 287-3.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Unplayable

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
2 quick wickets for Jimmy Anderson this morning... 317-8

Good catch from Root at 2nd slip to get Maharaj.

Need to finish them off now!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here