Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As if the Times and Telegraph would report accurately about the Labour party, maybe they should concentrate on the splits in the Cabinet over Brexit, Austerity, Pay Rises for public workers , Tuition fees etc

Seriously.. what is going on then with this deselection and by-passing of the PLP in leader selection then??

The Mirror (usually seen as pro-Labour) also reports Labour Party Chairman Ian Lavery's comments...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-party-chairman-ian-lavery-10723909

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Seriously.. what is going on then with this deselection and by-passing of the PLP in leader selection then??

The Mirror (usually seen as pro-Labour) also reports Labour Party Chairman Ian Lavery's comments...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-party-chairman-ian-lavery-10723909

What about the Tory leader who got them their biggest ever victory being treated like this ? It's shameful

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/politics/626793/Theresa-May-Resign-Brexit-Tory-Jeremy-Corbyn-Prime-Minister-Labour-Election-Downing-Street

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
The right of the party used every dirty trick they had against Corbyn. The suspensions from the party by McNicoll and his team were a disgrace. 49 MPs who were happy to stand on the manifesto two weeks ago then voted against the whip on of the pledges in it. There needs to be some democratic conntrol over the party. Personally I think there are a few (and I mean few) MPs who need to be deselected. Frankly, if they had any integrity, they'd have resigned anyway.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The right of the party used every dirty trick they had against Corbyn. The suspensions from the party by McNicoll and his team were a disgrace. 49 MPs who were happy to stand on the manifesto two weeks ago then voted against the whip on of the pledges in it. There needs to be some democratic conntrol over the party. Personally I think there are a few (and I mean few) MPs who need to be deselected. Frankly, if they had any integrity, they'd have resigned anyway.
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] wanted Kyle deselected for being a traitor/red Tory. Is that a commonheld view?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] wanted Kyle deselected for being a traitor/red Tory. Is that a commonheld view?

Fairly. His crimes are 1) the vote I mentioned 2) voting to bomb Syria 3) saying during his campaign that a vote for him was not a vote for Corbyn 4) the support of Ivor Caplan does him no favours. He's got a real enemy in Greg Hadfield the suspended chair of Brighton Labour. Personally I think he's a good constituency MP and I'm pretty sanguin about his crimes as indeed was Corbyn. .

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Corbyn.jpg

A millionaire stands with a millionaire to tell kids who can afford £230 tickets to see millionaires sing, that capitalism has failed them. :facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'd describe it as excellent rather than shameful.

She has to go.

did you read it? the suggestion is May stays on for about 2 years, takes any flak for anything negative with Brexit. this would give the incoming leader 3 years to electioneer.

funny thing is i recall alot of talk pre-election about a similar timeline for Corbyn, how he'd probably stand down once a number of internal changes, the purge of the Blairites, NEC decision process etc. this election result doesnt seem to have halted that plan for silenced his critics in the party.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
View attachment 86819

A millionaire stands with a millionaire to tell kids who can afford £230 tickets to see millionaires sing, that capitalism has failed them. :facepalm:

Hundreds of workers from across Europe were fired after just two days after expecting two weeks of paid employment litter picking.Three quarters were left stranded and out of pocket in the Somerset countryside.Workers were on zero hour contracts,ironic after Corbyn stood alongside Michael Eavis and said "young people need not accept low wages and insecurity as part of life.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Corbyn reshuffling again...

DEFRA: David Drew, Holly Lynch

Home Affairs: Nick Thomas Symonds, Chris Williamson, Afzal Khan, Louise Haigh

Scotland: Paul Sweeney

Justice: Gloria di Piero, Imran Hussain

International Development: Roberta Blackman Woods

Transport: Rachel Maskell, Karl Turner

Treasury: Anneliese Dodds

Housing: Tony Lloyd, Melanie Onn

Women and equalities: Carolyn Harris

Defence: Gerald Jones

Local Government: Yvonne Fovargue

Education: Tracey Brabin

Wales: Chris Ruane

#meneither

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Seems the Labour Party hardly know either:

Labour's press release announces jobs for Gloria Di Piero, Rachel Maskell and Tracey Brabin. It's "De Piero", "Rachael" and "Tracy".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Corbyn reshuffling again...

i'm confused, shirley Abbott will have been relieved on her post to allow her to recover?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Fairly. His crimes are 1) the vote I mentioned 2) voting to bomb Syria 3) saying during his campaign that a vote for him was not a vote for Corbyn 4) the support of Ivor Caplan does him no favours. He's got a real enemy in Greg Hadfield the suspended chair of Brighton Labour. Personally I think he's a good constituency MP and I'm pretty sanguin about his crimes as indeed was Corbyn. .

"About his crimes"......oh do f**k off !

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
"About his crimes"......oh do f**k off !

I think it's pretty obvious from my post that others regard these as crimes against the party, not me, but I guess if you're a bit thick you could mid-read it. Perhaps I should have put the second "crimes" in quotation marks to make it really obvious for the hard of thinking.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Not sure how you recover from being a vile, talentless hypocrite but who knows?

You join a group of similarly affected individuals.
In her case the House of Commons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here