Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Just to clarify: have you got inside knowledge/a link to timings on Carla Dal Forno gig? And where's the nearest pub showing Hudds vs Albion?

I don't yet, will let you know when I do. However, I reckon CDF won't be on before 10, the Albert is an 11 o'clock curfew and there's 4 acts on the bill. Sweet Williams won't be a full band show, though I'm reliably informed there will be full band gigs again come April/ May time.

Geographically it's the Railway Bell, beer's a bit better in The Duke of Wellington though. I can't think of any other pubs in the immediate vicinity that have Sky, pretty sure The Albert only has BT Sports.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't yet, will let you know when I do. However, I reckon CDF won't be on before 10, the Albert is an 11 o'clock curfew and there's 4 acts on the bill. Sweet Williams won't be a full band show, though I'm reliably informed there will be full band gigs again come April/ May time.

Geographically it's the Railway Bell, beer's a bit better in The Duke of Wellington though. I can't think of any other pubs in the immediate vicinity that have Sky, pretty sure The Albert only has BT Sports.

Earlier it was advertised as an Albert gig (if it still was, The Nelson would be a great option for the footie) and starting at 11. Now it's advertised as at Sticky Mike's, starting at 7.30.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Had a great weekend. Oathbreaker were sensational at The Haunt, the vocal mix was dodgy in parts but oh my the drumming was just out of this world, thrilling stuff. Saw Sabbath at the O2 last night, just brilliant. A fine farewell, Tony, Geezer and Ozzy were on fantastic form and thankfully Ozzy's voice held up, glad I was able to see them one last time

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Earlier it was advertised as an Albert gig (if it still was, The Nelson would be a great option for the footie) and starting at 11. Now it's advertised as at Sticky Mike's, starting at 7.30.

Ah, didn't see that. The curfew at Stickies will be dependent on whether there's a club night so really not sure.

I really don't know the pubs in that area so well either. So would be keen on some suggestions!

Does the Nelson still have Sky btw?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ah, didn't see that. The curfew at Stickies will be dependent on whether there's a club night so really not sure.

I really don't know the pubs in that area so well either. So would be keen on some suggestions!

Does the Nelson still have Sky btw?

I'm a tad out of the loop on such things. Will try to sort something out on the day, I'd imagine.

boik

Saw The Fall last night for the first time in 30 years. Saw them a few times back in the 80s - loved the band but MES just annoyed the **** out of me so I gave up on them. They haven't changed a bit! Tight driving rhythyms that you can't help but dance to. Either MES has mellowed or I have as he didn't grate so much this time around. It's still like watching a magnificent band getting their groove on, and then your embarrassing drunk uncle gets up on stage and decides that he wants to join in, but strangely hypnotic.

Bo Ningen were great as a support band, but I wouldn't go and see them headlining. Not enough variety.

Could have done without the 1 hour wait between bands, but all in all a great night.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thee Oh Sees are playing The Haunt in May. Be quick, these won't hang about - https://www.wegottickets.com/event/389502

Frist gigs in Brighton since they did two in quick succession around 2011/12.

I didn't hang about and have got four. Ta.
Left The Wellington on the final whistle, and got down to see Sweet Williams' last song. Impressive, if too minimal, and I really like Tom's singing now. Enjoyed CDF too, although it was a tad one-paced and lacking something. Glad I went though.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I didn't hang about and have got four. Ta.
Left The Wellington on the final whistle, and got down to see Sweet Williams' last song. Impressive, if too minimal, and I really like Tom's singing now. Enjoyed CDF too, although it was a tad one-paced and lacking something. Glad I went though.

Actually it's not at The Haunt. It's here - http://www.clarendoncentre.org.uk/facilities

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bit groggy today after a great evening at The Forum. We were sitting in the balcony for Hookworms and the whole area was vibrating to the noise. Decided they were our favourites for the evening. Tiger Club I did not really get but good luck to them- and their from Brighton. Not been able to see Girl Band live before- despite having tickets. They did not disappoint and a creditable late addition to the line up Future Of The Left do what they always do and I just love them for it. Ended the set with ( in McLusky tradition) Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues. Then onto The Fall. M E Smith clearly enjoying himself. Quite a few new tracks from the soon to be released album. Only complaint was the cost of beer and no readmission into the venue.

Meant to catch you at the end, but I imagine you made a quick exit. Absolutely love Girl Band. Annoyed to have missed Hookworms, as I didn't enjoy them the first time I saw them so wanted to give them another chance. FOTL were as good as I remember them. And as for the Fall, well... they were the Fall!

Top night! And yes, the beer prices in that place are unreal... Shame about no readmission - there's a great pub just up the road, the Southampton Arms.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Bugger it - missed Thee Oh Sees tickets. They were absolutely amazing both times they played Primavera in 2015 and 2016. That will be an amazing gig.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Meant to catch you at the end, but I imagine you made a quick exit. Absolutely love Girl Band. Annoyed to have missed Hookworms, as I didn't enjoy them the first time I saw them so wanted to give them another chance. FOTL were as good as I remember them. And as for the Fall, well... they were the Fall!

Top night! And yes, the beer prices in that place are unreal... Shame about no readmission - there's a great pub just up the road, the Southampton Arms.

Yes. Had to get last train back to the coast unfortunately. A great evening though and managed to get a Future Of The Left t-shirt for £12 which was a bit of a bargain. Are you doing any of the BSP European dates? We are thinking Amsterdam and Paris but not totally sure yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here