Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cool as a cucumber

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Anyone else?

Few bedwetters, few bemoaning the clubs transfer activity, some so negative it almost beggars belief.

I for one am excited about the days ahead, have total confidence that the club will deliver like they have done previously and love the fact nobody has a scooby doo as to what targets we have lined up.

Enjoy the ride! We are staying up and I suspect will have some quality additions come Thursday when the transfer window slams shut!

Last edited:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Enjoying the ride and looking forward to what will surely be the most exciting transfer deadline day the Albion have ever had.

Two weeks to build on the positives of the clean sheet at Watford before three games in which we should be in with a chance of some points...maybe.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Thought this season would be a slow burner but injuries and some bad luck in a weird window makes the next few days key. Whatever happens though will enjoy the season and great to see so many of the side that got us up testing themselves against the best

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The three results so far this season have panned out pretty much as I expected. Nothing from City at home and Leicester away, and I'd hoped for a point at Watford. There were encouraging signs from what I saw on MOTD against Watford, and I'm pretty confident we will be okay if/when we get a new striker in.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Anyone else?

Few bedwetters, few bemoaning the clubs transfer activity, some so negative it almost beggars belief.

I for one am excited about the days ahead, have total confidence that the club will deliver like they have done previously and love the fact nobody has a scooby doo as to what targets we have lined up.

Enjoy the ride! We are staying up and I suspect will have some quality additions come Thursday when the transfer window slams shut!

Good man :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The three results so far this season have panned out pretty much as I expected. Nothing from City at home and Leicester away, and I'd hoped for a point at Watford. There were encouraging signs from what I saw on MOTD against Watford, and I'm pretty confident we will be okay if/when we get a new striker in.

Make 'striker' a plural and that'll do nicely.

I think we can safely say there isn't a single poster here who doesn't believe the Albion won't deliver.

larus

It astounds me the number of posters who think that buying quality players is easy. The reality is we are not a big draw in terms of the Premier League. We are 'Little Old Brighton' who survived going out of the football league 20 years ago and have battled back really well and now have their brief appearance in the top league (not my opinion, but how most in the football world will probably see us).

We have purchased some decent players (IMO) this transfer window, and although not performing as well as we'd like (I remember the usual assholes slagging off Duffy after 2-3 games), give them time to settle and adjust.

The club has demonstrated enough over the last few years that :
1. They won't pay over the top.
2. They keep dealings secret.
3. They have a good knack of picking up decent players who compliment the 'team' ethos and not disrupting it.
4. Will walk way from a bad deal.

There's no guarantee in anything in football. We may go down - if we do just because some posters post more vitriol than others doesn't make them better fans (actually, it probably makes them worse as it's easy to support success). We are very likely to be in a relegation fight - out of 20 teams, there's at least 10 who have no chance of going down, so out chances are gong to be quite high.

But, we have a chairman (and management team) who are doing their best for this club, unlike maybe our 'friends' up the road. I'd hate to have owners like that.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I bet we will still end up bringing in a couple of strikers before the window slams shut.

Just say we managed to bring in Origi/Bamba and Jovetic in the next few days? I'm sure everyone's hopes will be sky high.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It astounds me the number of posters who think that buying quality players is easy. The reality is we are not a big draw in terms of the Premier League. We are 'Little Old Brighton' who survived going out of the football league 20 years ago and have battled back really well and now have their brief appearance in the top league (not my opinion, but how most in the football world will probably see us).
Not anymore we're not, outside of us fans that club ceased to exist when the AMEX opened.

We have purchased some decent players (IMO) this transfer window, and although not performing as well as we'd like (I remember the usual assholes slagging off Duffy after 2-3 games), give them time to settle and adjust.

Very true.

The club has demonstrated enough over the last few years that :
1. They won't pay over the top.
2. They keep dealings secret.
3. They have a good knack of picking up decent players who compliment the 'team' ethos and not disrupting it.
4. Will walk way from a bad deal.

1 - What the club feels is over the top, which is fair enough unless your stance leaves you on the outside looking in.
2 - A fact I love if only because it winds up NSC.
3 - 5-live has a recent programme available about team spirit, that probably isn't what we make it out to be.
4 - Why wouldn't they?

There's no guarantee in anything in football. We may go down - if we do just because some posters post more vitriol than others doesn't make them better fans (actually, it probably makes them worse as it's easy to support success). We are very likely to be in a relegation fight - out of 20 teams, there's at least 10 who have no chance of going down, so out chances are gong to be quite high.

But, we have a chairman (and management team) who are doing their best for this club, unlike maybe our 'friends' up the road. I'd hate to have owners like that.
The list of poor owners is considerably longer than that of the good ones.
We are very lucky indeed.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Expect the odd mistake - in organisation, in recruitment, in tactics, by players (we're new to this and we're human) - but I'm confident we won't let ourselves down and we'll do OK.

We've played one game in our mini league (ie those expected to be in the bottom half) and we've got an away point. TB will get us the players we need. I hope and expect us to stay up but I know it will be tough.

el punal

Anyone else?

Well I'm enjoying the metaphorical ride of the club's progress unlike the physical one I undertook to get to Watford last Saturday, via train, tube, bus and Shanks's pony. Still worthwhile though, to watch the team perform so well without scoring. A total transformation from the non-show at Leicester.

Cool as a cucumber? I am the Iceman personified. :drink:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Rather the club didn't get anybody in if it's a panic buy-would 9 times out of 10 be a waste of money.Wait and see how Murray and Baldrick turn out,and blood some of the youngsters.A new striker would be a waste of time if they have to play left back!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
cooljpeg.jpeg

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Rather the club didn't get anybody in if it's a panic buy-would 9 times out of 10 be a waste of money.Wait and see how Murray and Baldrick turn out,and blood some of the youngsters.A new striker would be a waste of time if they have to play left back!
Both players are injured with CH saying Baldock is not even close. We need more fire power for sure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It depends on how much Tony 'wants' it.

This. TB either genuinely wants it, as per his public utterances, or he'll be happy with the parachute payments. If we go down, we certainly won't be bouncing straight back up again. We'll be cherry-picked down to the bare bones and will probably sink like a stone straight down to League One.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here