Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm English you moron, and have been to Selhurst 1000's of times. I have been to hundreds of away games.
In which case you will have been in many very small Palace away followings.

Given our geography (and the comparative Northern-ness of the Football League) our actual numbers going away are absolutely fine.

To keep quoting the percentage of home crowd statistic serves only to make you appear very stupid.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm English you moron, and have been to Selhurst 1000's of times. I have been to hundreds of away games.

aww, aren't you a good ickle fan! We're so proud of you.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Portsmouth and Southampton have much the same journey as you albeit a bit further and beat you, and none of those clubs are fortunate enough to have a 45-50 minute train to London. Your away support is dire.

You really are a stupid moron. What has a 45-50 minute train journey to London got to do with anything? We sell-out/take very large numbers to all London games. Your twitter address says everything about you, I never understand why anyone (other than full kit w*nkers) would include their football team in it. Juvenile.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ive no doubt our away following isnt up there numbers wise, we probably travel twice as far as most fans though to get to away fixtures.. it makes a hell of a difference

Even if we don't, our gates have shot up from 7,000 to five years in the 20,000 range (and then over 25,000 once ground expansion was complete). It stands to reason our away support as a percentage of home support is going to be that much smaller. But our away support is really far from pitiful - we sell out all of our local (ish) games although it does drop off once we go beyond around 100 miles away.

Palace fans of course, are in no position to be lecturing on the merits of support. Aside from my favourite statistic that never gets boring, I'd also point out that they couldn't even sell out their first leg against us in the play-offs. 2,000 empty soaces in the rickety wooden seated main stand as I recall. Obviously no trouble filling those now that the big boys are coming. (Naturally, our place was basically sold out with 29,000+ in the ground).

Even if we don't, our gates have shot up from 7,000 to five years in the 20,000 range (and then over 25,000 once ground expansion was complete). It stands to reason our away support as a percentage of home support is going to be that much smaller. But our away support is really far from pitiful - we sell out all of our local (ish) games although it does drop off once we go beyond around 100 miles away.

Palace fans of course, are in no position to be lecturing on the merits of support. Aside from my favourite statistic that never gets boring, I'd also point out that they couldn't even sell out their first leg against us in the play-offs. 2,000 empty soaces in the rickety wooden seated main stand as I recall. Obviously no trouble filling those now that the big boys are coming. (Naturally, our place was basically sold out with 29,000+ in the ground).

It does need pointing out that When Palace played their League Cup Semi Final against Cardiff, they failed to sell out the Away leg and, get this, the home leg too.:ffsparr:

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Its not just as a percentage though, its actual numbers. You can do better than that simeon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its not just as a percentage though, its actual numbers. You can do better than that simeon.
You can now go scuttling off onto one of the two massive threads dedicated to this board and name check me on there. They will all be so proud of you. Possibly even mention you used my real name as you know I'm not too keen on that for extra Nigel points?

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Can I remind the Palace fans who came on here when we had the highest percentage of away fans against home crowds, who said it was only because we have low home crowds, now it's turned around and you use the stat against us?.Can I suggest that maybe we have kept our away fans average, but maybe we have increased our Home fans attendance, now I am sure there must be Palace fans that can do the maths, or maybe not. It does get a bit boring when they try and use stats to their advantage, basically we have more home fans than you and you have more away fans than us, due to we have a bigger better stadium and you are going to some nice places. How many Palace fans at Swansea last week?

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
You can now go scuttling off onto one of the two massive threads dedicated to this board and name check me on there. They will all be so proud of you. Possibly even mention you used my real name as you know I'm not too keen on that for extra Nigel points?

Wow, you only have to click on the twitter button to get your full name, bit precious .If you valued your privacy so much you'd hide it, there is even a picture of ypu and your kids.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wow, you only have to click on the twitter button to get your full name, bit precious .If you valued your privacy so much you'd hide it, there is even a picture of ypu and your kids.

I'm not precious at all. But you don't know me, so why would you address me by my name? You don't to anyone else. You probably don't even do that to your fellow Nigels, although I don't know for sure because I'm not sad enough to spend such a ridiculous amount of time on a Palace website.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Why do it in the first place, though? He has a username on the forum and the generally accepted thing is to refer to him by that. By posting his real name it means you want him to know that you went looking for it and that you found it. It doesn't matter how easy it was to find, it's all very snidey and just shows that for all your fake bonhomie, underneath you're a bit of a c*nt.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

That's your favourite statistic ??? You ended up losing, your best chance of being promoted to the premier league was lost but you are creaming yourself over the attendance :laugh:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's your favourite statistic ??? You ended up losing, your best chance of being promoted to the premier league was lost but you are creaming yourself over the attendance :laugh:
You're making yourself look like a simpleton by showing yourself unable to grasp very basic English. I haven't quoted my favourite statistic, that's the point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here