Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching brief can we trust Bloom and the board

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He might be the front for, or part of, a syndicate. Which involves none of what you suggest.

If he is then his partners are extremely trusting given the shares are in HIS name and his name ALONE :

TB.JPG

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Blah blah passion blah blah ambition blah blah 'premier league ready' blah.

Or at least I'm sure that's what some will think, I actually agree with you. PL would be nice but my support isn't reliant on the constant pursuit of it.

I tend to disagree. I would find it hard to convince myself to keep going if it was obvious the club were not trying to ultimately get to the Premier League. It's like any sport really, if you are just going through the motions then what's the point. You should always be striving to be better. In 40 years watching this club, we have had great times and bad time but I don't believe for one minute that at any time there has been a policy of settling for mediocrity apart from, of course, the reign of Archer. As for the other times, there have been bad spells, like last season, but it is not a deliberate policy.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought that the one, most important, lesson from the Archer/Bellotti years is that we should never ever trust the chairman and board, regardless of anything they may say and do. Treat everything with skepticism until it actually happens, and even then be very wary. It matters not what they have done and how much they have spent in the past. All that matters is the present and the future.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought that the one, most important, lesson from the Archer/Bellotti years is that we should never ever trust the chairman and board, regardless of anything they may say and do. Treat everything with skepticism until it actually happens, and even then be very wary. It matters not what they have done and how much they have spent in the past. All that matters is the present and the future.

Absolutely. Apart from supporting the club since he was a child, underwriting the losses at Withdean, paying for the Amex to be built at a specification that was £40 million over the original budget, then paying for the capacity of the stadium to be increased from 22,000 to 30,750, investing in the squad so that we sign our first £1 million, then £3million player, build a £30 million training complex at Lancing to help develop future talent, subsidise trading losses up to £300,000 a week, talk to the fans at forums and travelling to and from matches, everything that Tony Bloom has done in the past suggests he may have an evil plan to destroy the club, which was on the brink of huge things at Withdean because players such as Baz Savage, Doug Loft and Mark McCammon (who WE helped buy with the forty note fund remember).

Ignore everything he's done to date, he clearly cannot be trusted.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Absolutely. Apart from supporting the club since he was a child, underwriting the losses at Withdean, paying for the Amex to be built at a specification that was £40 million over the original budget, then paying for the capacity of the stadium to be increased from 22,000 to 30,750, investing in the squad so that we sign our first £1 million, then £3million player, build a £30 million training complex at Lancing to help develop future talent, subsidise trading losses up to £300,000 a week, talk to the fans at forums and travelling to and from matches, everything that Tony Bloom has done in the past suggests he may have an evil plan to destroy the club, which was on the brink of huge things at Withdean because players such as Baz Savage, Doug Loft and Mark McCammon (who WE helped buy with the forty note fund remember).

Yeah, but apart from that, what's he ever done for US

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

A massive misinterpretion of my post.

Like I said, all in the past. And if Bloom runs out money?

I didn't say anywhere that Bloom has a hidden agenda, because I not aware of anything to suggest he has. However a little healthy skepticism is good for the soul. Alot of people start with good intentions - some of them end with good intentions.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A massive misinterpretion of my post.

Like I said, all in the past. And if Bloom runs out money?

I didn't say anywhere that Bloom has a hidden agenda, because I not aware of anything to suggest he has. However a little healthy skepticism is good for the soul. Alot of people start with good intentions - some of them end with good intentions.

You said we should "never ever trust the chairman and board, regardless of what they have ever said or done"

That's not skepticism, it's hysterical.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How much were Groningen asking for Virgil van Dijk?

The amount we were prepared to pay. For some reason he chose to sign for Celtic. Why he preferred Champions League against Barcelona and Milan to Huddersfield on a Tuesday night is something I never understood personally

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Let's just remember a few facts.
We spend more on the football department than most other clubs in this division. Several clubs have been promoted from the Championship spending less than us. Many more have not been promoted spending a lot lot more than us.
So I wish people would stop saying "we don't spend enough to get promoted" or "if we spent more we would get promoted". Both those statements are simply crap - and that's a verified fact and not just my opinion.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The amount we were prepared to pay. For some reason he chose to sign for Celtic. Why he preferred Champions League against Barcelona and Milan to Huddersfield on a Tuesday night is something I never understood personally

Didn't Toko play Champions League football before joining us?

Anyways. I'm pretty sure Poyet got the hump with our transfer dealings in relation to Virgil van Dijk.

But obviously you know best.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Is that the market that valued COG at £500k and Sam Baldock at three times that figure?

which is exactly the point I would make, you have to speculate and he allowed someone else to to do this for him and we ended up with some right duffers.
Ok he has got rid of the main protaganists who quite honestly could not pick their noses and while signing duffers could not hold on to the players that may have seen us execute our five year plan, these players mainly left due to being offered better wages, the example would be Barnes who left because we would not offer him a better deal, then went out and spent 1.5m on Baldock.
if anyone can explain that to me please.
I am no economic expert but that was just spending money for spending sake
can anyone actually tell me if the five year plan is still viable, as FFP seems to have hit the rails and most clubs are now taking the p1ss and ignoring it.
my hope is that all this silence means there are new players in the pipeline as we have a lot of catching up to do in a very short time to make it within five years, all this bollox about its OK to be in the championship, do we not have any ambition even if we make it and struggle to survive it, we would be there and thats surely what ambition is all about

Last edited:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The board is full of freemasons, I've seen Barber give Bloom the 3rd degree handshake.

Bloom's poker nickname is 'Lizard Blood'; the illuminati are shape shifting Lizards.

The secrecy of the board is like the secrecy of the Bilderberg meetings, which all the powerful meet to discuss ways to enslave us all.

Bloom's wealth is untraceable, alas, he has either backed by the Queen (who is also a lizard) and/or his wealth is not in this world but stored on an orbiting space station disguised as the Moon.

Barber came from the North Americas, we all know what they're like, more so. Vancouver 'Whitecaps' which is clearly in reference to the KKK's headwear rather than the snowy mountain tops of the Rockies.

Perry...well what kinda of name is that?

Dick Knight was forced out because he forgot the mason's secret handshake and alas is using his share sale via his book to take on the establishment from the inside.

If you cannot see this, you are ignorant and dumb.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The board is full of freemasons, I've seen Barber give Bloom the 3rd degree handshake.

Bloom's poker nickname is 'Lizard Blood'; the illuminati are shape shifting Lizards.

The secrecy of the board is like the secrecy of the Bilderberg meetings, which all the powerful meet to discuss ways to enslave us all.

Bloom's wealth is untraceable, alas, he has either backed by the Queen (who is also a lizard) and/or his wealth is not in this world but stored on an orbiting space station disguised as the Moon.

Barber came from the North Americas, we all know what they're like, more so. Vancouver 'Whitecaps' which is clearly in reference to the KKK's headwear rather than the snowy mountain tops of the Rockies.

Perry...well what kinda of name is that?

Dick Knight was forced out because he forgot the mason's secret handshake and alas is using his share sale via his book to take on the establishment from the inside.

If you cannot see this, you are ignorant and dumb.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here