Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Chinese are walking away with the gold here, but Daley and Goodfellow are right in contention for a medal with one round of dives left. :thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
This. I know nothing about it as a sport but it's fascinating.

I grew up with a younger sister who was at a decent level but never really took much notice so the same as you. To me this is what the Olympics is all about, wont be bothering with basketball or the football as I would rather watch things like Gymnastics, Judo, Archery and Fencing etc that I know nothing about and would not normally sit to watch

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lost out by just 2 marks. The worst thing is that it was Louis' best apparatus too.

1. They lost out by 1.37 points.
2. It wasn't Louis' best apparatus, it was his only apparatus.
3. However, he scored 14.766 today. When he won silver at London he scored 16.066. So even if he had not come off and managed to equal his London performance, we'd still have finished 4th.

I imagine he'll get all kinds of shit from some quarters however. Build 'em up and knock 'em down again.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
1. They lost out by 1.37 points.
2. It wasn't Louis' best apparatus, it was his only apparatus.
3. However, he scored 14.766 today. When he won silver at London he scored 16.066. So even if he had not come off and managed to equal his London performance, we'd still have finished 4th.

I imagine he'll get all kinds of shit from some quarters however. Build 'em up and knock 'em down again.

It was his only apparatus because it's his best. He's still in the individual final.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
GB women's rugby team a shambles vs Canada.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like the heady days of London 2012 are truly over...we have turned back in to Plucky Brits with a propensity to fall, crash, collapse get sent off etc etc across a wide range of events.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here