Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pascal Groß midfielder SIGNED from FC Ingolstadt 04.

Never heard of him, but from what I've read, he's a decent player. He's played for the Germans at Uber 20 level, so he's obviously a decent player. but not broken into the senior team yet. He is just the sort of player we could have done with this season, so a positive buy IMO!

He's never played in any of the British leagues, let alone the PL, so it will be an adjustment. But we know how focused and technical german players are, so I imagine he will adapt pretty quickly.

Good to see us do some early business.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Don’t worry it’s a predictive text thing, apparently once had a fight with Dan Ger. All history, move along, nothing to see

I mean't about the mention of one last game, if they are already relegated couldn't he be on the bench and have a cameo 10 mins at the end.
Save a potential injury problem, we are Brighton so it's bound to happen.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Never heard of him, but from what I've read, he's a decent player. He's played for the Germans at Uber 20 level, so he's obviously a decent player. but not broken into the senior team yet. He is just the sort of player we could have done with this season, so a positive buy IMO!

He's never played in any of the British leagues, let alone the PL, so it will be an adjustment. But we know how focused and technical german players are, so I imagine he will adapt pretty quickly.

Good to see us do some early business.

I worked with a German at my last place, talked good technically but had no idea how to carry out the job, must be an exception.
He even managed to get a promotion on the strength of it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
We've signed a German who can drive trains? Efficiency levels HIGH.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Great credentials, good age, good price (3m from what I've read).
Would far rather this kind of singing than some mercenary from hull or Norwich.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Same here, to me looks like a very good signing

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Just realised I inadvertently did the Ernest 'singing '

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
For those who are superstitious, look away now. The common link between Uwe H & the new guy - they both joined Brighton from relegated Bundesliga clubs.???

But both were probably one of the star performers in each squad, aka Defoe, Gibson etc

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Highest chance creation and low assists suggests the strikers he's working with are not very good! Murray must be licking his lips!

2nd best passer in the league is excellent for a player who looks like he tries to create things rather than just passing sideways and backwards. Looks a decent signing on paper, looking forward to seeing him play.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is he here to play football or get Southern rail runnng their trains on time.

They generally don't train in the afternoon footballers do they and he can drive one....... well ?

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
These sort of signings are needed, a midfielder who has experience against top sides and can put through them vital balls to the forwards (with knockaert cutting in, this could be deadly).
The stat that caught my attention was that he had created more chances than any other player in the bundesliga this season with 95.
Im sure theres more like this to come!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Most passes in the league means nothing. Steve Thomson (Scottish midfielder) must've had a 97% pass success rate for us at the Withdean. The problem was, only about 2% of those passes were played forward.
I'm not saying Gross is rubbish, I just think we should wait till he's played a game for us before we start labelling him a great signing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Most passes in the league means nothing. Steve Thomson (Scottish midfielder) must've had a 97% pass success rate for us at the Withdean. The problem was, only about 2% of those passes were played forward.
I'm not saying Gross is rubbish, I just think we should wait till he's played a game for us before we start labelling him a great signing.

True. But I imagine the club do not look at his pass rate in total isolation of everything else.

Pass rate: tick
Assists: tick
Drive a train? tick

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

This was addressed in an interview that someone posted on here. Pascal's passes are not pointless sideways Poyet style stats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here