Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Quite. They are apparently "aware" of this thread.

Hopefully they are reading it and taking notice.

Dear Mr Barber. Open the ESU today. Send out a positive e-mail and Press Release. You will sell at least a thousand tickets in there within a few days to cover your costs and make lots of people happy. If those at least 1,000 sit in the lower ESU seats it will also give the impression of a fuller ground on TV (good for sponsors) and add to the atmosphere. Perhaps they could also slide left and right to follow the flow of football so as the armchair TV fan thinks that stand is always full. As a last resort perhaps you can commission Banksy to paint a Muriel of a full ESU Best regards, MG

Added text...

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I see nobody has actually used the ask the club function about this , i would be interested what they say , Why don't i do it ? well if you look at the Forum it will become obvious i ask too many tetchy questions already , so give it go see what the man himself has to say about it .

what are you talking about, if you'd read the thread you'd see that Bozza has been in contact with Paul Barber and others have rung the club

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
There's seems to be an awful lot of hand wringing on this thread about whether the club should or shouldn't open the upper tiers. For starters it makes sense for the club to sell out the lower tiers first. If they're expecting a much reduced crowd than normal why open the West and East Upper for what could end up as a "spot the fan competition" , added to that is the cost of staffing with all the necessary personnel.

There is still over a week to go before the game, so there's plenty of time for the club to re-assess the situation dependant on demand for tickets, so unlike like some posters on here, I'm sure the club are in a better position to judge what are the best options.

My opinion on this? It's a little storm in a little teacup. If you want to watch the match then go. It's not as if it's a big drama to get tickets. I normally sit in the West Upper so ideally I would like to retain my seat, but, at present this is not possible. I'm not bothered, I will go to another part of the ground that's available and experience a different view.

Come on people, stop getting your knickers in a twist and enjoy the ride! :drink:

As we suffered in the past now we have the amex the club is beyond criticism?
Allowing season ticket holders to buy 4 tickets and reducing prices is all they had to do to get a descent gate.
Job done. Unless there is a major factor the club are not telling us, common sense says open the upper tiers?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
FUN FACT : Bearing in mind most people would like to go with someone, other than the shitty view areas right next to the away fans there is only one pair of seats left for sale in the whole stadium :eek:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
FUN FACT : Bearing in mind most people would like to go with someone, other than the shitty view areas right next to the away fans there is only one pair of seats left for sale in the whole stadium :eek:
"Nine days from now I will be drinking my first pint of Harveys. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, sitting in a great seat with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in ESU, and you’re already dead!"

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
"Nine days from now I will be drinking my first pint of Harveys. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, sitting in a great seat with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in ESU, and you’re already dead!"

That is brilliant!

I'm surprised that the seat selection software when buying can't be set up so that you can't leave a 'one seat' space gap to the next people unless its the last available seat on that row. I'm sure I've seen it on a theatre booking site, which I assume is to minimise the number of 'single seats' that are left which they struggle to sell due to the same reason - people don't often go to the theatre on their own.

Also - perhaps offer a single seat last minute discount . . . perhaps 25% off if purchasing one of the single seats in the last 24 hours before the game?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Does the system show tickets as available if they're in a basket?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here