Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I really hope this isn’t true, how awful for Leo and his wife as well as his daughter.

My mate who’s kids at the same school (Leicester Grammar School) said the girl was off for a while but recently returned but with headscarf! Read into that what you will.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's not what we need as he's the same as hemed and Murray who also have zero pace.If this young lad gets crocked again we'll have a bunch of slow worms up front.
Let's get another young player with pace which will be an asset to the club .

Bored of ex players coming back and bored of the many fans obsessed with them.....

:thumbsup:

The last thing we need is a squad place and part of the budget, taken by yet another player with no PL pace.

Seems that desparate Barber & Hughton going down that ssssslllllooooowww road.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I look forward to welcoming him back to The Amex, he is an upgrade on what we have and a year and a half younger than Cristiano Ronaldo, so his best years are still to come!

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex

The last thing we need is a squad place and part of the budget, taken by yet another player with no PL pace.

I agree neither Murray nor Ulloa will be able to give everything for a whole 90+ minutes. However, if Murray gives everything for one half, and Ulloa for the other, then between them they should be able to be in the penalty area to convert the chances we create for them.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
I agree neither Murray nor Ulloa will be able to give everything for a whole 90+ minutes. However, if Murray gives everything for one half, and Ulloa for the other, then between them they should be able to be in the penalty area to convert the chances we create for them.

Be careful, people on this board of scared of logic like that.... I think most people here are religious ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Positive thinking, good point, god I hope so.

But we need to buy in better creators and wingers, to support and make chances for them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Alternatively, perhaps it'll be useful to bring in a proven goalscorer who knows what the Premier League is all about and won't have any trouble settling into the club... as opposed to another £15-20m unknown quantity.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Positive thinking, good point, god I hope so.

But we need to buy in better creators and wingers, to support and make chances for them.

Like Locadia?

I suspect our wingers will be Locadia, March or Izquierdo, with Gross supporting Murray or Ulloa for the rest of the season if we play 4-4-1-1 (or 3 - 3 - 2 -1 if Gross/Kayal plays as the 3rd midfielder with the 2 wingers playing as wing backs).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like Locadia?

I suspect our wingers will be Locadia, March or Izquierdo, with Gross supporting Murray or Ulloa for the rest of the season if we play 4-4-1-1 (or 3 - 3 - 2 -1 if Gross/Kayal plays as the 3rd midfielder with the 2 wingers playing as wing backs).

Can Locadia play effectively out wide? I genuinely don't know.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Leicester don’t tvink he’s anywhere near good enough for the Prem. I’m afraid to say they were right about AK, they are right about Leo. Loved him in the Championship but we need better.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If he is only on loan then surely Leicester will still be paying his wages (as happened when we had on loan Wayne Bridge from Man City).

We then make a payment to Leicester for the loan (£1m + whatever), and it is not classified as wages.

We'll pay much or all of his wages.

We were a skint Championship club when we took Bridge on loan.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My mate who’s kids at the same school (Leicester Grammar School) said the girl was off for a while but recently returned but with headscarf! Read into that what you will.

I read into it that you are broadcasting potentially sensitive things you know nothing of and should leave Ulloa to decide whether he wants the world to know.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
We'll pay much or all of his wages.

We were a skint Championship club when we took Bridge on loan.

Yes, but the same principle applies. Thechnically Leicester would be paying his wages, even if we give Leicester an equivelent sum as part of the "transfer fee". It's a round about way of not breaking our wage structure.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Leicester don’t tvink he’s anywhere near good enough for the Prem. I’m afraid to say they were right about AK, they are right about Leo. Loved him in the Championship but we need better.

They've got £80m worth of strikers – Ulloa has still be making the bench and making sub appearances, all be it very limited, so your statement that they didn't think he was 'anywhere near good enough' is wrong, they've simply got too many strikers. If we can't get better, I'd take Ulloa in a heartbeat, and I think he would have a part to play, even if coming off the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here