Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hemed - Marmite player

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A few months ago we were all saying how brilliant and heroically our defence were playing. How times change. I don’t disagree I hasten to add, it’s just funny what a run of poor results can do to a team. We look utterly bereft of any and all confidence from front to back at the minute.

They havent been the same since Sky pundits, I think it was Carragher and Gerrard raved about them before a televised game at The Amex.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
As the OP and after today’s performance I was thinking about reviving this thread but I didn’t have to as someone beat me to it. Hemed is undoubtedly one of the nicest guys to ever pull on a Brighton shirt but he is too slow and his inability to put away golden chances means he has to go. Why on heavens earth we haven’t been giving Baldock more of a run out I will never know. Fingers crossed that the new boy finds a way of shooting and heading somewhere else in the goal mouth other than straight at the keeper.

Sorry, edited.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As the OP and after today’s performance I was thinking about reviving this thread but I didn’t have to as someone beat me to it. Hemed is undoubtedly one of the nicest guys to ever pull on a Brighton shirt but he is too slow and his inability to put away golden chances means he has to go. Why on heavens earth we haven’t been giving Baldock more of a run out I will never know. Fingers crossed that the new boy finds a way of shooting and heading somewhere else in the goal mouth other than straight at the keeper.

Sorry, edited.

A bit harsh. I love the bloke too and he does put in a good shift for the team. I thought he was unlucky today rather than careless or lacking skill. Unfortunately your post is moot because he's just been given a new contract and so it looks like he's not leaving any time soon.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
A bit harsh. I love the bloke too and he does put in a good shift for the team. I thought he was unlucky today rather than careless or lacking skill. Unfortunately your post is moot because he's just been given a new contract and so it looks like he's not leaving any time soon.

I understood that there was interest from Reading, I wish him all the very best but he’s just not going to halt the slide imho.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I understood that there was interest from Reading, I wish him all the very best but he’s just not going to halt the slide imho.

Oh yes, you're right. I think he would have gone to Reading if we'd have got the striker who failed the medical in August but I guess Hughton has subsequently seen more in him than a lot of Brighton fans hence the new contract. I must confess, I see him as strictly back-up especially with Baldock back in the frame and was surprised to see Tomer start upfront today. I think he's proven far more effective coming off the bench.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Sorry, edited.
I really feel a bit sorry for Tomer.
He spends the entire game working his nuts off, today he was constantly sent running into the corners (I'm mean WTF is that all about) always committed, and crucially appears to play like 'he'll score in a minute'.

I'm not sure how many, if any, golden chances he's had, but he's certainly had enough half chances to have quite a goal tally this season.

He's typified by today's game.
If Murray had started we'd have got the penalties, and christ knows what might have happened.
But because Tomer was on the pitch, 2 penalties were denied as was his chance to be on a Premier League hat-trick after only 35 minutes.

All of that coupled with the fact his identical twin has scored 6 (?) this season using every body part other than his feet.

Last edited:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
He spends the entire game working his nuts off, today he was constantly sent running into the corners (I'm mean WFT is that all about) always committed, and crucially appears to play like 'he'll score in a minute'.

I'm not sure how many, if any, golden chances he's had, but he's certainly had enough half chances to have quite a goal tally this season.

If Murray had started we'd have got the penalties, and christ knows what might have happened.
But because Tomer was on the pitch, 2 penalties were denied as was his chance to be on a Premier League hat-trick after only 35 minutes.

All of that coupled with the fact his identical twin has scored 6 (?) this season using every body part other than his feet.

Can’t argue with any of that. To be fair, all strikers go through fallow periods and I would love nothing more than to see Tomer start to do the business as in score goals and not just be a good team player but If it’s going to happen it needs to happen soon.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very nice of people to say he is a nice bloke and runs around a lot. However was terrible and have never seen a player so out of his depth. I hope not to see him in Albion shirt again.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Probably one of the nicest guy’s you could meet, works his nuts off and plays with a passion, but....

Not a Premier League player in a million years I’m afraid.

Ulloa would be an upgraded Tomer Hemed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He spends the entire game working his nuts off, today he was constantly sent running into the corners (I'm mean WTF is that all about) always committed, and crucially appears to play like 'he'll score in a minute'.

Wasn't that so....March was supposed to be in the floating role...he certainly didn't float anywhere near TH ...442 suits him and GM...but i'm not sure we will see that this season

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Hemed is a mid table championship player had an alright 1st season with us but for me needs to many chance to bag a goal at this level.gives 100% though.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Brilliantly put and couldn’t agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Shows its all about opinions. I didnt think he did too bad yesterday covering the gaps that others wwre leaving/not running in to

Perhaps he should do what Murray does and stand static on the half was line and do only his job?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Shows its all about opinions. I didnt think he did too bad yesterday covering the gaps that others wwre leaving/not running in to

Perhaps he should do what Murray does and stand static on the half was line and do only his job?

You mean scoring goals, winning the ball in the air and linking play? Or the being offside bit?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] why do you think that out of interest

Just playing with 'Tomer's luck', it seems we only get penalties when Tomer is on the bench.

I'll go so far as to say the rebound from Propper's header would have hit Murray on the left testicle and trickled into the net.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It's odd because people are moaning about Hemed running into the channels etc and crying out for Baldock but isn't that exactly what Baldock does but whilst he may be quicker, he get muscled off the ball far too easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here