Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banned from pub for being Albion fan

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The Clevo refurb might be happening soon, along with food. Get your ales only nights in while you still can.

We'll all cram into the darts room I suppose...surely the darts board will stay?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
We'll all cram into the darts room I suppose...surely the darts board will stay?

Yeah I have it on authority that the dartboard will stay, whether the darts room turns into a kitchen and the board is moved is another matter.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I got banned from a chip shop called George and Ann's at the bottom of Coombe Road when I asked the two Chinese people behind the counter which one was George.
I was a bit drunk and didn't mean it as a racist comment or anything, more like black humour and I don't mean that as a racist comment either.
It was obviously wasted and I went home hungry.

:lolol: I probably did the same when I lived in that area, not when I was drunk though, I know me and some mates got chased up the road for taking the piss in that chip shop, I was about 14 though.
Just had a look at Google Earth, to see if the shop is still there, it is and still called George & Anne's , must have been called that for over 40 years.

Also used to go in the chip shop round the corner in Coombe Terrace, the owner was also Chinese, nice chap always had a laugh with him, but I'm sure [MENTION=6288]Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews[/MENTION] told me the owner was called Duncan. :lolol:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I remember being in the Lobster for their quiz night a couple of Mondays ago and there were a couple of Brighton fans in the main bar who were unhappy that they were showing the Sutton-Arsenal FA Cup tie rather than the Newcastle-Villa match which was on at the same time and which obviously had something riding on the outcome. I think after a few minutes they did actually put the Newcastle game on a couple of the screens in the front bar.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Is it still closed? As supposed to be meeting some mates there on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walked past it a few days ago and it was gutted, thought they'd been a fire or something ... can't see it being open this Thursday tbh, not unless they're keeping the gutted look which would be good

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Used to be one of Julie Burchill's regular haunts, and me and Mrs Peteinblack did have the misfortune of seeing her - or rather hearing her awful Betty Boop screech - in here one afternoon many years ago.

We drank-up pretty sharpish and left :mad:

:lolol: I probably did the same when I lived in that area, not when I was drunk though, I know me and some mates got chased up the road for taking the piss in that chip shop, I was about 14 though.
Just had a look at Google Earth, to see if the shop is still there, it is and still called George & Anne's , must have been called that for over 40 years.

Also used to go in the chip shop round the corner in Coombe Terrace, the owner was also Chinese, nice chap always had a laugh with him, but I'm sure [MENTION=6288]Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews[/MENTION] told me the owner was called Duncan. :lolol:

George n Anne's eh? My sister actually worked there c1980 they alctualy call themselves Tim and Amy.
There's was the fish n chip shop of choice on the parish. Duncan's was far too greasy. We only knew him affectionately as that due to his prounounciation of the words "pickled onion" I suppose it was slightly more original than the lads in Ladbrokes that just called him Chip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here