Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Byron Burger - illegal workers

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One system needed for all, identity cards should be issued. No identity card, then you shouldn't be in the country, simple as that. How hard is it?

What's the difference between an ID card and a passport? Both can equally be forged in the same way, surely?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What grates is that it's the workers who get shafted here but I am not seeing any punishment for the employers? Who is breaking the law here? The workers or the bosses.

The fact that you have not seen it does not mean that there will be no action taken against the firm. I would not mind betting that the rates of pay were lower as well, given the hold over the workers. People working here illegally should be deported, or else when does it stop, and the firm too should be heavily fined at least, so that there is no incentive by employers to risk it. Money will of course talk, and I suppose this sort of thing will always go on.

D

Deleted member 22389

What's the difference between an ID card and a passport? Both can equally be forged in the same way, surely?

A lot, if the person doesn't have a UK passport but has the ID card issued by our own government, chipped with a photo and also a pin that the person has to enter upon request, then if photos or numbers don't match, the authorities know straight away something is up. It's got to be a hell of a lot better than our current system.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The fact that you have not seen it does not mean that there will be no action taken against the firm. I would not mind betting that the rates of pay were lower as well, given the hold over the workers. People working here illegally should be deported, or else when does it stop, and the firm too should be heavily fined at least, so that there is no incentive by employers to risk it. Money will of course talk, and I suppose this sort of thing will always go on.

How far can an employer go? If they followed the right checks and were given fake ID, what can they do?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Bryon Burger didn't know they couldn't work legally . Yeah right pull the other one.

You have to be firm here and send out a clear message that working illegal won't be tolerated in the UK. Need to get a grip on this stuff now.

Not like this pillock.

“It is f****** disgusting. Some of these people worked here for four or five years and they weren’t even given a chance to say goodbye,” a worker told the Guardian.

Well they'll need to write a letter then! :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How far can an employer go? If they followed the right checks and were given fake ID, what can they do?

apply some follow up checks, rather than simply see an easily faked ID or easily obtained passport. as i understand employers just have to say they've seen an ID/passport and take that at face value.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
apply some follow up checks, rather than simply see an easily faked ID or easily obtained passport. as i understand employers just have to say they've seen an ID/passport and take that at face value.

You are talking about HR people, not border force...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
As long as you have reported them to the correct authorities, then take the case to your MP. Tell him/her that if action is not taken then you will go to the media. Get everything in writing.

These illegals are keeping legitimate workers out of jobs.

https://www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime <<<<<

We are all legitimate workers. Some just have silver spoon privilege by act of birth.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
These illegals are keeping legitimate workers out of jobs.

Couldn't agree more. The problem is.. a lot of legitimate workers (well the British ones) won't do these types of jobs.

There was a doc on C4 or C5 last night about life on the dole. One guy, who had been out of work for a few years, thought it was a "bit of a cheek" to be expected to work at McDonalds.

I agree that illegals should be kicked out. We would be if we were illegally abroad. However, I feel there could be more pressure on the British Idle to fill these jobs themselves.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hopefully they go after those who gave them the false documentation but seeing as Maggie May has CUT the number of staff at the Border Agency during her time as Home Secretary I doubt they have the resources to do much more than the publicity stunt here

But Jezza and co would just let more migrants in and give them love, hugs and benefits from us though huh?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
But Jezza and co would just let more migrants in and give them love, hugs and benefits from us though huh?

Just out of interest Woody.

Have you ever considered migrating?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What grates is that it's the workers who get shafted here but I am not seeing any punishment for the employers? Who is breaking the law here? The workers or the bosses.
No , what grates is that its OUR workers who are getting shafted due to wage compression from people who can afford to do the job for minimum wage , yet all you can do is take your usual class war stance.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

With JC as PM peace will be restored to the Middle East and Africa as the populations will have been re-located to the UK with us all benefiting from their customs and diversity .

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
No , what grates is that its OUR workers who are getting shafted due to wage compression from people who can afford to do the job for minimum wage , yet all you can do is take your usual class war stance.

What also grates, for me, is that you cannot see beyond a conditioned need for advantageous identity with terms like 'OUR'. [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] is not offering an opinion of the right and wrongs, he/she is merely and correctly representing many 'illegal' workers as easily exploited peoples. Nothing to do with class war, or perhaps there is an element of truth (challenging my thoughts there)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What also grates, for me, is that you cannot see beyond a conditioned need for advantageous identity with terms like 'OUR'. [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] is not offering an opinion of the right and wrongs, he/she is merely and correctly representing many 'illegal' workers as easily exploited peoples. Nothing to do with class war, or perhaps there is an element of truth (challenging my thoughts there)
Its how i was brought up, you look after your OWN first , then think about others , obviously not how you were brought up , fair enough, but you'll probably get a rude awakening one day , when your ''everyone is my brother'' attitude is thrown back in your face and your illusions are shattered.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Quite simply because the concept of one human having more right to be in one place than another makes no sense at even a basic level.
Im moving into your house next week , I take it its not a problem ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here