Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st PL game. It's going to be Arsenal at home, isn't it .

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I remember the day of the last first top-tier match very well, the Arsenal game. I was at Wembley stadium for a gig - The Who, AC/DC, the Stranglers and Nils Lofgren. Hugh Cornwall announced at the beginning of the Stranglers set that the score was 4-0, and I laughed cos I didn't believe him !

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
West Ham at home

This. always seemed to be West Ham away at a sunny Upton Park as the opening fixture, so if we get our special request its going to be them at home (1-1 draw as usual). For my Man Utd dullard friends I've gone for Bournemouth or Hudds away.

Reckon this too - WH have to play their first three fixtures away due to athletics being on.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm just hoping that if the first game is at home that it's either a "lesser" team or gets moved to a different day for TV.
I've been booked to photograph a wedding on 12th!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
We had Villa at home when we got promoted..

You'll have anyone bar the top 6 at home I reckon. Us, WBA, Watford, West Ham, Leicester etc etc.... Nice and boring to get you settled in...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We had Villa at home when we got promoted..

You'll have anyone bar the top 6 at home I reckon. Us, WBA, Watford, West Ham, Leicester etc etc.... Nice and boring to get you settled in...

Boring for you maybe, certanly not for me :)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Deffo Stoke at home...I can feel it in my piss.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Watford at home would be a good one, I think. It will mean a Saturday 3 o'clock KO.

Wembley in the spring sunshine, last of the regular season.
Looking for Newcastle near the end of the season as we run neck and neck again.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm confused , why are you requesting a home game first off ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm confused , why are you requesting a home game first off ?

To rule out the possibility of all the excitement of a first PL fixture, ending up being the crushing anti-climax of a trip to your 19th Century hovel.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Not sure if thats tongue in cheek, but the first MNF Sky do this season will certainly NOT be what is on paper one of the dullest fixtures in the entire calendar. They'll want to kick off with more of a bang than that.

I'd be happy with a home game and something that definitely keeps us at 3pm on the Saturday. Swansea or West Brom, something like that.

Tongue in cheek

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here