Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stepdad threatened by the club

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's bloody awful customer service. When you set up a direct debit, you don't expect months/years later to be told there was an error with your payment, you owe £400.

This is an error by the Albion. They should pay the consequences. What happens when the man pays back the money which he 'owes'? Does the club compensate him due to terrible handling of his bank details and the lack of ease attending the matches. The club haven't exactly made it smooth for him considering he hasn't actually done anything wrong. If anything, the Albion have failed to stick with the agreement, therefore, they should be apologising, not threatening to stop him from going.

Appalling.

I know that over the years, in your various guises, you have a reputation for being away with the fairies, but you have really surpassed yourself this time. Just off to the match but at least this means i'll walk up the road with a big smile on my face :lolol::lolol::lolol::bowdown:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's bloody awful customer service. When you set up a direct debit, you don't expect months/years later to be told there was an error with your payment, you owe £400.

This is an error by the Albion. They should pay the consequences. What happens when the man pays back the money which he 'owes'? Does the club compensate him due to terrible handling of his bank details and the lack of ease attending the matches. The club haven't exactly made it smooth for him considering he hasn't actually done anything wrong. If anything, the Albion have failed to stick with the agreement, therefore, they should be apologising, not threatening to stop him from going.

Appalling.

Or perhaps someone was lying about their age to get OAP prices, has been caught out and been told to pay in full for the period they have been ripping off the club. Lucky the club don't take civil action against the fraudster

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Indeed. Threads like this always bring to mind http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?216502-Banned-for-life-(Update-post-428) where someone took a hot button issue (at the time there was a lot of talk about clamping down on offensive language) made a wild accusation, drew a lot of posters into slagging off the club, only for it to be revealed (post 428) he was lying. At Southern Sid hung around to keep stoking that one along.

Or the thread from another poster claiming to have been the victim of unwarranted harrassment from a bag checking steward, only for it to be revealed by another poster who witnessed it, that the OP had been causing trouble and was being unreasonably difficult and rude.

I liked the more recent one with the bloke's son that got sacked by the ticket office for volunteering to take the uncollected away tickets to Brentford on Boxing Day.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I know that over the years, in your various guises, you have a reputation for being away with the fairies, but you have really surpassed yourself this time :lolol::lolol::lolol::bowdown:

I've had 2 accounts shut down. I've never once had more than 1 account open at the same time. My current girlfriend once used NSC under the same IP. Hitony, claimed we were the same people based on his moderating powers. For the next 4 years people like yourself have stuck to a story which simply isn't true and are willing to remind me of it whenever, wherever.

What was that about being away with the faireies?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Appalling.

Come on. Its also your own responsibility to check the direct debit is correct. If you know what the right amount to pay is, you should pay it. What if it had been done in reverse, and they were charging you too much each month? I'm pretty sure you'd demand a full refund, and you'd do it damn quickly.

If you just hide behind a poor direct-debit set-up as your excuse don't be surprised if the club pull it and demand up-front payment of the full price.

Everybody wants everything on a plate for them these days, no-one ever wants to take responsibility for their own affairs any more.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Come on. Its also your own responsibility to check the direct debit is correct.

Is this part of the agreement when you buy a Season ticket?

Why should he have to check wether the Albion are correctly taking money out of his account? Surely he should have the safeguard of knowing the club wouldn't mess with his bank account?

If you accidentally purchased 10 tickets instead of 1. Would the club give you a full refund of the cash if you realised you'd made a mistake?

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
The club loses around £1m a month, yet some fans have been knowingly ripping the club off by using a lower-priced ticket than they are entitled to use.

The club have been investigating this and I'm told have been quite shocked at what they have found.

Of course I have no idea of the details of this specific case, but I do find it difficult, when prices are so well publicised, that someone can be paying less than they should and not know.

my thoughts is the gentleman is gutted because he got found out. pay up and next year you can be legitimately the OAP.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Why should he have to check wether the Albion are correctly taking money out of his account? Surely he should have the safeguard of knowing the club wouldn't mess with his bank account?

If you accidentally purchased 10 tickets instead of 1. Would the club give you a full refund of the cash if you realised you'd made a mistake?

Why wouldnt you check you were being charged correctly

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

You just let people take money out of your account without checking? blimey guvnor

Anyway, first thing to copy and paste from the T&C's is "Please note that by opting to pay for your Season Ticket by monthly Direct Debit you are committing to pay the full cost of the Season Ticket. " Nowhere does it imply that if they undercharge for the first few months of the DD then you get away with not paying the full amount.

and the answer to your second question is of course they would (presuming you don't ask several months into the season). Season tickets are completely refundable within 14 days of purchase.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Does anyone know.......when STs are sold to (say) Under 21s (or U10s etc) - what date (during or before the start of the season) is used by the Club to determine whether you are an Under 21 or an adult?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does anyone know.......when STs are sold to (say) Under 21s (or U10s etc) - what date (during or before the start of the season) is used by the Club to determine whether you are an Under 21 or an adult?

I believe it to be the age on the day of the first fixture of the season.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
My Stepdad has had a season ticket for 20 years. Been going for 50.

Turns out the club have been undercharging him at the Amex....

That was ok.... shit happens. Mistakes can be made.

Would you then send an invoice of £441.51 to an OAP with a note asking him to reknew?

A lovely email from my Mum was rebuffed.

A section goes...

"Please confirm your acceptance of these terms and make the upfront payment required, so that we may ensure your husband's entry for the Bolton game"

He is 65 and has said he would've renewed but the letter and email upset him too much.

The club lost...

Thief.
He underpaid. Thought he got away with it. Pay up

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we fail to meet FFP by £10 and have a transfer embargo because of the OP, there's gonna be a lynchin'.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Isn't the checking of money gong into and out of your bank account just basic financial acumen. Surely there is a need to know how much is in your account and how this will be affected by forthcoming outgoings. Then when a bank statement is received why isn't this being checked to ensure that the amounts tally with the expected amounts.

No doubt if the direct debit amount being taken by the club was higher than expected there would have been a phone call to resolve or a call to the bank to invoke the direct debit guarantee.

Just smacks of incompetence or turning a blind eye in the hope of gaining from the under charging.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I believe it to be the age on the day of the first fixture of the season.

Sounds a bit odd if your ST price is fixed on that basis. Would imagine that a majority of STH who cross an age boundary do so during the course of the season. would have thought that there would be a specific T&C clause that governs such an occurrence, especially as it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
If scenario 1 is true the club should swallow it - they have made the mistake, their problem. As a possible scenario, you go to your local supermarket and buy an item, for what you think is the right price, the management later realise they have made a mistake and come to your home and ask you to pay the difference - what would your reaction be? I know what mine would be, two words beginning with F&O.

Scenario 2, if trying to get away with it - then you have been busted, so cough up!

Personally I am sure it is the so far unexplained scenario 3... watch this space! :)

Sorry wrong post:ohmy:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sounds a bit odd if your ST price is fixed on that basis. Would imagine that a majority of STH who cross an age boundary do so during the course of the season. would have thought that there would be a specific T&C clause that governs such an occurrence, especially as it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence.

Are we misunderstanding each other?

Are you suggesting that the price should change mid-season if you move age ranges?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here