Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901, 5 year deal up next season?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
From day one there has been some availability for match by match, but I get the impression there are more available now.

A friend of mine, not local, bought 4 tickets for last seasons Leicester match, including the three course lunch. He was sat in the block next to the directors block, strangely, exactly 4 rows behind where we sit. I think they do have availability all round the West Middle, I know there is a group of about 6 seats in a row, also near us, which are purchased match by match. I have also bought tickets for guests, they were 2 together, down towards the south end of the WSM.

I'm not saying you are wrong Phil, but thats not what I was told there are 2000 1901 west seats (aren't there) on that basis the club would only have kept about 20 seats I reckon that 2 tables worth. Thats not enough to create the prestigious dining experience a football club needs - I was always told you were better off going to south for the match day hospitality but who's going to do that when you already have paid for seats in 1901 w?

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Dont forget the 400 in the centre back rows of the east stand lower. We have just lost our fine dining option:wave: But still pay and I stand to be corrected, the dearest seats apart from corporate boxes at the Amex. We pay £237.60 monthly for a pair of seats.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dont forget the 400 in the centre back rows of the east stand lower. We have just lost our fine dining option:wave: But still pay and I stand to be corrected, the dearest seats apart from corporate boxes at the Amex. We pay £237.60 monthly for a pair of seats.

Aren't the several hundred Platinums in the WS the same at c. £120 pm per seat?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
There are loads who really do not want people to know their status, I just follow the lanyards.

Oh the lanyards! It's a badge that says 'I pay £20 for sausage and mash' and it does my head in. My old Legends Lounge lanyard only ever came out on the gate.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I know see my post above - and it was £40 not 70 at Withers - great food sheet ground - At one point 1901 west was sold out -there were no match day meal and tickets there - thats why they did 1901 south - which is good but not as good IMHO in terms of seat position as 1901 west.

Unless they have taken back some great seats in 1901 west you might as well go in the south 1901

Incorrect. A 3 course silver service meal, half a bottle of plonk and a NS ticket was not £40...
there have been £99 ones for every single game at the Amex

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Here we go again......

Quite happy to admit I'm a 1901-er. Love my seat, like I'm sure all of you do.

In terms of next season, yes, the 5 year term is up.

I actually own our 3 seats (myself, my son and my Father) for the lifetime of the stadium, so I have no doubt we will probably renew. However, there are fans who may have only bought their seat for 5 years which was the other option, so they will have a decision to make re:

a) the purchase of the seat
b) renewal of their season ticket

A double-whammy if you like.

As we stand, I am anticipating an increase on the season ticket, but the percentage of increase will surely be dependant on which division we are in.

The club may decide they want to encourage more companies to have seats and may not make some of the 5 year seats available - who knows?

Interesting 12-14 months for the 1901ers.
I'm a 1901 holder as well with my son...renewal is not an issue with me...I like a lot of 1901ers will take my seat again...great view,nobody can walk in front of me....benefits as usual,free programme,free drinks of tea/coffee at half time and all cup games at home free plus a parking place...had I been younger I would've been in the North stand...as per Goldstone,Gillingham,now at my age I need comfort...but it is great to see the fans singing...

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Yeah, but for £40 at Withdean during those last 18 months, you only got to watch the likes of Murray, Bennett, Barnes, Noone, Wood and Bridcutt.

For £99 now, you get to see the talents of COG, CMS, Gardner, JFC and Stockdale, in luxury.

Bennett back, Murray trailed, Bridcutt unloved at Blunderland..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here