Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those that listen to John Robins and Elis James but don't crossover to Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast might like to partake in this weeks RHLSTP.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah - Ear Edition is a new podcast which is a recording of the TV episode, slightly edited.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The Pods & Sods Network

Musical interview/discussion podcast based on American and Classic Rock bands

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Those that listen to John Robins and Elis James but don't crossover to Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast might like to partake in this weeks RHLSTP.

I went to watch RHLSTP on Monday. Mackenzie Crook was surprisingly shy and did not actually say much.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
For the punters amongst us the Only Balls and Horses one is a good listen. @OnlyBallsHorses on Twitter.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’m currently listening to random Dessert Island discs. I just think of a famous person and search for one. Some are very interesting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just started listening to RHLSTP with Brian Blessed.

Ritch is yet to say anything, a very sweary Tour de Force from the big man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ooh I've been waiting for this one since Rich tweeted about it.
I've had a few proper belly laughs in with some of Brian's classics.

It'll be worth while counting how many times Brian swears v words spoken by Rich.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
For any American football fans out there I've just started listening to The Gridiron Gentlemen who are currently doing a really nice draft preview.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quickly Kevin Will He Score, the 90's football podcast is still a joy. One of the latest ones with Tony Dorigo is absolutely brilliant, he has some fantastic stories about rooming with David Batty.

The Guardian Football Podcast and The Warmup is still high quality, but then I'm a big fan of Max and Barry.

Flintoff, Sav and the Ping Pong Guy continues to entertain. Robbie Savage is thick as mince but comes across as a genuinely good bloke, and Flintoff is an absolute hoot.

Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio is still top banana.

I don't have time for any more !

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Quickly Kevin Will He Score, the 90's football podcast is still a joy. One of the latest ones with Tony Dorigo is absolutely brilliant, he has some fantastic stories about rooming with David Batty.

The Guardian Football Podcast and The Warmup is still high quality, but then I'm a big fan of Max and Barry.

Flintoff, Sav and the Ping Pong Guy continues to entertain. Robbie Savage is thick as mince but comes across as a genuinely good bloke, and Flintoff is an absolute hoot.

You'd probably also enjoy the Totally Football Show with James Richardson.

Another one I'm listening to is Sciencish with Rick Edwards and Professor Michael Brooks. They take a work of fiction and discuss the science behind it with a scientist in that field. Funny and informative.

Edit: The Game of Our Lives also sounds good (although haven't tried it yet) - understanding the modern world through football.

A recent episode:

In the 1980s and 90s, Colombian football was some of the best it had ever been. The price: near-total control by the country’s drug lords. This week, Goldblatt talks with fan and novelist Juan Gabriel Vásquez about what it was like growing up in Colombia during that time, how following the sport helps him see his country’s changes, and whether there’s any such thing as a pure game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I just can't cope with Savage.

But yes the others are great, this morning I was even moved to write to Quickly Kevin, on the back of Elis James' Swansea episode.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here