Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Any feedback as to why Rita Ore going to Kosovo was such astonishing news you felt people needed to comment on it?

Yes - JC Footy Genius provided it on Sunday in response to the same question by another user as to why I was asking the aforementioned JCFG his opinion on Rita Ora.

Saturday evenings you have to allow for :drink: intake.

I might ask him this Saturday what's his view is on The Sugababes reforming and touring Europe post Brexit and any problems that might arise as a result.

Incidentally I notice your poll on your other thread isn't anonymous, so I'm afraid I wont be voting in it and fuelling your notorious online voyeurism any further than it already has been.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bless, did you forget again you had previously announced that you had me on ignore?
I do find it endlessly funny how people like you, Herr T and other remainers will announce how you are putting people on ignore, only to give up near immediately or forget you were pretending in the first place by accidentally replying to the person you had on ignore.
Pretty much sums up all the arguments currently being spewed by you lot.
Full of hot air lies and no substance.

I'll remind you again, the ignore option has a view post facility. I use that. I pick and choose what posts of yours I view but it's useful not to have your early morning rants splattered all over four pages of the thread.
So I'll try and make it clear for you and we'll hear no more about it. You are on my ignore list. I look at your posts when I want . There's **** all you can do about the way I run my account so live with it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Fake news chappers....they all want to move here. We soon won't have any room in the uk for all the European businesses moving here to take advantage of the .....erm.....erm.... blue passports!

We have our country back!

Btw. Anyone worked out how easyJet are going to operate in Europe as you have to be governed by the ECJ. Is that why their CEO was talking about decamping the business to Malta?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
tick tock? To what? What sort of deal is at the end of this tick tock?
Anybody looking forward to uncertainty for the country is a bit of a nitwit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Take just Kent - The A2 needs duelling. The M20 needs widening.

As has been the case for years. Yet remainers keep telling us our trade with the EU will be LESS after leaving not more - so why does this work need doing now more urgently all of a sudden ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As has been the case for years. Yet remainers keep telling us our trade with the EU will be LESS after leaving not more - so why does this work need doing now more urgently all of a sudden ?

Yes - but vehicles flow freely through the channel ports to and from The EU currently with no checks, likewise Holyhead, Fishguard etc on The Irish Sea.

A fair point about trade post Brexit with the EU - we'll be importing all our cheap foodstuffs and other JIT imports in the post Brexit utopia from Walvis Bay and Port Klang, so if Therese Coffey has commissioned reports like Charlie Elphicke did, they're the ones that matter now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Yes - but vehicles flow freely through the channel ports to and from The EU currently with no checks, likewise Holyhead, Fishguard etc on The Irish Sea.

A fair point about trade post Brexit with the EU - we'll be importing all our cheap foodstuffs and other JIT imports in the post Brexit utopia from Walvis Bay and Port Klang, so if Therese Coffey has commissioned reports like Charlie Elphicke did, they're the ones that matter now.

imports are increasingly coming into London Gateway port near Thurrock, which can accept larger ships, so you may be right. though a lot of goods may likely be flowing the other way to EU, rather than landing in Holland/Belgium and coming here, so the Kent roads will still be busy.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I like bridges.
Bet Merkel wished there had been a bridge between Turkey and Greece, she wouldnt have had to drown so many migrants to up her workforce

Even as a staunch leaver I find your post unnecessary and unacceptable.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
No, that seems to be the Kraft takeover bid but it is a rather major consideration on the chosen HQ you would think.

they'll be more interested in the corporate governance and share structures. a business like Unilever will have substantial presence in both UK and EU either way. for the large multinationals, its not going to make much difference except when it suits them, get a favorable law, a grant, tax rate etc.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
... I might ask him this Saturday what's his view is on The Sugababes reforming and touring Europe post Brexit and any problems that might arise as a result. ...

Save you having to wait. I welcome it.

:love:

Problems? Well obviously there won't be any planes flying to Europe after Brexit and the queues to the ferries/chunnel will be horrendous. Just hope they have all their visa documentation in order if they do ever get there.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Save you having to wait. I welcome it.

:love:

Problems? Well obviously there won't be any planes flying to Europe after Brexit and the queues to the ferries/chunnel will be horrendous. Just hope they have all their visa documentation in order if they do ever get there.

Okay - we could also hypothesise about Girls Aloud reforming and touring as an example and the fact Nadine, as all nice girls from Derry are entitled, will have an Irish passport and EU citizenship, but Cheryl, Kimberley, Sarah, and the one from Dartford won't - Lets revisit this again Saturday evening though after, hopefully, 3 points against Swansea and standard match day/evening refreshment/consumption etc. :albion2: :drink: :drunk:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Some more 'good news' to look forward to..................

Next week, the EU will publish its draft withdrawal agreement, including legal text on the Irish border, under which the UK would in effect commit to keeping Northern Ireland in the single market and customs union, unless a future free trade deal or unheard of technological solution can be devised to do an equal job in avoiding a hard border.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Next week, the EU will publish its draft withdrawal agreement, including legal text on the Irish border, under which the UK would in effect commit to keeping Northern Ireland in the single market and customs union, unless a future free trade deal or unheard of technological solution can be devised to do an equal job in avoiding a hard border.

It remains the elephant in the room.

A strange paradox, most Brexiteers don't want a hard border with Ireland but want to secure our borders. No Brexiteer on here has come up with a solution, bar crashing out Mad Max style

If Brexit gets ditched it will be because of this

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

If this occurs, just how will anybody (EU/UK governments, armed forces or some other body) be able to stop the transportation of goods from the EU to Ireland to NI to the UK mainland? Seeing as the IRA were able to move whatever they wanted about for years on end under the noses of the British Army? Brexit? Pfffffffffff.........:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here