Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NOT flat

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My mood has completely changed since the final whistle of the Derby game and I have pretty rapidly migrated from flat to full-on PUMPED.

Watching the end of season montage about 10 times this morning has played a part in that. I even splashed out 99p to buy Ashes by Embrace from iTunes because it's not on Deezer. This is very possibly the first bit of music that I have bought in about 5 years. #heathen

I have also just ordered 500 yellow balloons. I may need some help with these on Saturday please.

theres the Bozza we all know and love :vuvu:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Not going to be anywhere near as warm up there on Saturday as down here.

boro.JPG 20.jpg

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Saturday, and whatever follows, are all the reasons why we love supporting our Club.. it may end in glorious failure, but it might not. This is one of the best era's for supporting the Albion, and the opportunity we have should not be tainted by the anxiety or hope of achieving something none of us really felt was realistic in August. We have had far worse disappointments or worries , but for me Saturday is not up there..genuine opportunity to be grabbed and savoured. If at all goes belly-up this weekend or even by the end of May, this will still rank as one of the best seasons I have had watching my team. Boro have far more to fear by missing out on Saturday.. they really should have secured it by now given the quality in their team, the money they have spent and the position they were in a few months ago... but they haven't.. and they might not. Nobody expected us to still be hanging in there at this stage.. we could still win the title.. How funny would that be??

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I even splashed out 99p to buy Ashes by Embrace from iTunes because it's not on Deezer. This is very possibly the first bit of music that I have bought in about 5 years. #heathen

That's a Bangin Toon as I believe one says, or perhaps simply a Banger - either way not sure how it passed me by until the montage appeared.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I read that as "baboons", and my first thought was "he may need some help with those on Saturday"

I read it as buffoons. I thought he'd rounded up all the Brexiters on the EU thread.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Bozza

You are so right. My mojo was completely flat Monday evening and again on Tuesday. I couldnt work out why despite reading everyone's explanation on NSC. I could not understand why I wasn't still pumped up with the situation that we still find ourselves in. It sort of comforted me that others were feeling the same. Still can't really work it out but all I can say is that today I am beginning to get the good feeling back and I know by tomorrow I will be buzzing 100% again.
I will be at Boro and now can't wait.
We can do this. I have a feeling both Skalak and Knockers are gonna come up trumps.
Thank God I'm feeling better now!!
UTA

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm getting more and more excited. Both teams have brilliant players and have played the best football in the Championship, however, as others have said, Boro are favourites. Thinking back to the Palace play-off games, we were a lot better away from home and froze at the Amex. Hopefully the same will happen to Boro.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Still shitting it, but in a very good way. Vast improvement on yesterday. I'll be all "come over 'ere if you think you're 'ard innuf" by Friday lunchtime (which may well be a semi liquid one) :lolol:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I've picked up a bit today but i'm not confident one bit of winning at Boro

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I've picked up a bit today but i'm not confident one bit of winning at Boro

Too much confidence can take the edge off, I reckon. I think we might well do it, and if we don't it won't be for lack of 2500 up at the Riverside doing the charge of the Neon Light Brigade. Bring it on :banana: :banana:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I am absolutely RARING to go. The pressure is off, as everyone expects Boro to turn us over. I actually have a very strong feeling that we are going to do it. I will be ERECT with tension on Saturday but compared to, say 3rd May 1997, we at least have a back-up plan if it goes tits-up.

www.piespintsandprogrammes.wordpress.com

It's all about perspective.

This will, of course, all go out of the window at 12.30 on Saturday but I need something to get through the next couple of days at work.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we don't beat Middlesbrough, we'll just have to do it the hard way and win v Wednesday and at Wembley.

It's our year - by hook or by crook.

It would just be better for our health and wallets if it is on Saturday.

But it'll be quicker than that.

Unshakeable belief. 3 days until Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here