Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Am I alone in thinking there's more to come from Tomer in the blue & white stripes? He started last season really well and was a little unfortunate to lose his place. With Murray's age and the knock he's carrying I think there's a real chance we could see a repeat this season, and with the extra quality we now how being able to deliver better service who knows what Tomer could do, after all he's a great header of the ball and his hold-up play is very good. I really hope he stays and gets another chance.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Am I alone in thinking there's more to come from Tomer in the blue & white stripes? He started last season really well and was a little unfortunate to lose his place. With Murray's age and the knock he's carrying I think there's a real chance we could see a repeat this season, and with the extra quality we now how being able to deliver better service who knows what Tomer could do, after all he's a great header of the ball and his hold-up play is very good. I really hope he stays and gets another chance.
Who knows? I guess a lot depends on what we actually get from Locadia and Andone. You would hope they would be an improvement on what we already had, wouldn't you?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He isn't quick, he isn't strong, he doesn't have a good touch, not particularly good movement, not particularly good in the air and needs several chances to score.

Pick any of those reasons why he isn't going to be a player for us this season. I like Tomer, but he's a Championship standard striker and not good enough for this level. He's been left behind by the quality of the squad.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I've always seen TH as a quiet unassuming type of player, who is happy just to plod along, getting chances when he can, without making a fuss.
For him to gain a permanent starting berth, he has to move away, give him a bit more of a challenge.
But football is a fickle world, so who knows what would ensue :shrug:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I guess a lot depends on what we actually get from Locadia and Andone. You would hope they would be an improvement on what we already had, wouldn't you?

Absolutely, just think he still has something to offer if the other strikers aren't firing or are injured. I think some of the criticism of Tomer on here isn't fully justified and does him a disservice. But it's all about opinions in the end, so fair enough.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've always seen TH as a quiet unassuming type of player, who is happy just to plod along, getting chances when he can, without making a fuss.
For him to gain a permanent starting berth, he has to move away, give him a bit more of a challenge.

Dont suggest that to the Israeli national team management who banned him after he complained about not being selected

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
He isn't quick, he isn't strong, he doesn't have a good touch, not particularly good movement, not particularly good in the air and needs several chances to score.

Pick any of those reasons why he isn't going to be a player for us this season. I like Tomer, but he's a Championship standard striker and not good enough for this level. He's been left behind by the quality of the squad.

I am afraid I agree with all the above

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I fully agree with the above. Tomer is a very industrious player, a nuisance for the defenders he’s up against and a decent finisher. With the right service and a bit of luck he could score 15-20 at this level. Depending on starts etc... ermmmm obviously.

If you’re (anyone reading this) shocked by that, well, tough shit.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I fully agree with the above. Tomer is a very industrious player, a nuisance for the defenders he’s up against and a decent finisher. With the right service and a bit of luck he could score 15-20 at this level. Depending on starts etc... ermmmm obviously.

If you’re (anyone reading this) shocked by that, well, tough shit.

He could play all 38 league games this season and not get into double figures. He was our only striker at the start of last season so he really had his chance to shine. Baldock will never get to say that, he didn't get a run in the side so we'll never really know whether he could have been a player at this level (he wouldn't have been, obviously!) or not. Tomer, however, did have his chance, and he barely made any impact whatsoever so there's less sympathy from me. He had his chance, he didn't take it.

But the difference now to a few years ago is that we're talking about good players who have been left behind by even better players coming into the side. Tomer doesn't have the pedigree of the players we're bringing in, he was brought in for the benefit of a team in the Championship who had narrowly avoided relegation despite being utter rubbish. He played a massive part in our promotion, and then in staying in this division so there's only happy memories. But no, he's not good enough if we want to improve and progress.

That said, he does love Fulham away so maybe keep him for his inevitable goal in that game?! :albion:

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
I think it's easy to forget what he contributed in those first few games before he was suspended. How many games did he play, was it 4? Anyway, he scored twice & I remember his level of passion & commitment being really impressive at the time - especially as it was being converted into goals - but felt that it was precisely that passion which led to the 'incident' in the Newcastle game & the subsequent suspension.

I'm with the OP on this; would really like to see a repeat of the above, & see no reason why we shouldn't, minus the suspension, of course.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He could play all 38 league games this season and not get into double figures.
He's have been halfway there just by scoring the penalties Murray MISSED.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He scores goals and I think has a pretty good strike rate per game. If he is willing to continue as a squad player, he offers another option. Certainly started pre season in form, albeit against lower league opposition.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think it's easy to forget what he contributed in those first few games before he was suspended. How many games did he play, was it 4? Anyway, he scored twice & I remember his level of passion & commitment being really impressive at the time - especially as it was being converted into goals - but felt that it was precisely that passion which led to the 'incident' in the Newcastle game & the subsequent suspension.

I'm with the OP on this; would really like to see a repeat of the above, & see no reason why we shouldn't, minus the suspension, of course.

Again I agree, if you consider his momentum prior to the suspension I could see double figures last season. Murray scored a few pens, and I’m sure the actual starts vs goals ratio is similar. If you take Glenn off pens, then I see very little tangible daylight between one player viewed as the near second coming and another deemed not good enough by the all knowing majority.

Strange brew indeed.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
He could play all 38 league games this season and not get into double figures. He was our only striker at the start of last season so he really had his chance to shine. Baldock will never get to say that, he didn't get a run in the side so we'll never really know whether he could have been a player at this level (he wouldn't have been, obviously!) or not. Tomer, however, did have his chance, and he barely made any impact whatsoever so there's less sympathy from me. He had his chance, he didn't take it.

But the difference now to a few years ago is that we're talking about good players who have been left behind by even better players coming into the side. Tomer doesn't have the pedigree of the players we're bringing in, he was brought in for the benefit of a team in the Championship who had narrowly avoided relegation despite being utter rubbish. He played a massive part in our promotion, and then in staying in this division so there's only happy memories. But no, he's not good enough if we want to improve and progress.

That said, he does love Fulham away so maybe keep him for his inevitable goal in that game?! :albion:

I may have underestimated in my post above how many starts he had before the suspension but he did score 2 goals - not too shabby?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Personally, and I realise this is going to be controversial (gulp); I think Murray had a ‘lucky’ season last year... some fortuitous goals for sure and no sendings off and those pens. Tomer the opposite, very little luck whatsoever...

With luck he could score 15 in the prem. I am willing to stake my tattered reputation here. He is a good striker, a very good one.

I’d start him over Murray this year tbh.

Eeeeeeep

Logs off . . .

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Think you were watching a different start to last season that me.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012

His wife is hot though

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Personally, and I realise this is going to be controversial (gulp); I think Murray had a ‘lucky’ season last year... some fortuitous goals for sure and no sendings off and those pens. Tomer the opposite, very little luck whatsoever...

With luck he could score 15 in the prem. I am willing to stake my tattered reputation here. He is a good striker, a very good one.

I’d start him over Murray this year tbh.

Eeeeeeep

Logs off . . .

With the utmost respect, Hemed has never been close to Murray’s level.

I like Hemed in the sense that he’s a trier. And God do we love a trier in the UK. But this idea that he’s a Premier League level striker is just utterly ludicrous. There are too many flaws in his game for this level and, whilst I’ve no doubt he may get 5-10 goals if he started every game, he just doesn’t bring enough to the table for those goals to warrant him starting over other players with more rounded games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here