NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Haven't watched it for decades.

What was the big deal ?

Someone arguing?
Someone fighting?
Someone shouting?

Sometimes I watch all of 2 minutes of Eastenders, usually if one of my family has hidden the remote and it comes on after One Show or whatever.
All doom and gloom.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There are some idiots on this thread. Not watched and so have absolutely no idea why tonight’s programme was so remarkable yet think it was another night of Phil falling out with Sharon! As if and perhaps if they watch now they’d feel a sense of shame after making such vile comments. Perhaps. Nah, they won’t, they’re far too classless as already demonstrated. Anyway, it was a case of art becoming life. No imitation. And incredibly powerful about a really really important matter that every adult should be concerned about.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When Enders comes on I can't turn the tv off quick enough. Landmark TV? Do me a favour

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I did but you’re too far up your own arse to realise.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ethel and her little Willie?

Or is that too much to hope for?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are some idiots on this thread. Not watched and so have absolutely no idea why tonight’s programme was so remarkable yet think it was another night of Phil falling out with Sharon! As if and perhaps if they watch now they’d feel a sense of shame after making such vile comments. Perhaps. Nah, they won’t, they’re far too classless as already demonstrated. Anyway, it was a case of art becoming life. No imitation. And incredibly powerful about a really really important matter that every adult should be concerned about.
FFS then, just give us the gist of what happened. Haven't watched 'Stenders for, I don't know, 20(?) years, and won't watch it for the next 20, if I live that long. Give us a good enough synopsis and I might make an exception for this episode, but if you can't be bothered, fair enough; I won't be too bothered either.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don't watch soaps but the BBC have mentioned several times this week, they were going to cover knife crime. The storyline was about gang warfare, but as well as the actors in the soap, real families who have lost their youngsters, would appear in the show too.

Two mothers were on BBC Breakfast earlier this week, both having lost their totally innocent sons to knife crime (their stories were shared) and have been campaigning, were explaining why Eastenders had taken this decision.

Instead of sniping, and showing how cool you are, that you don't watch soaps, why don't you find out what the back story is to tonight's episode?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

You should have posted on Mumsnet :whistle:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
FFS then, just give us the gist of what happened. Haven't watched 'Stenders for, I don't know, 20(?) years, and won't watch it for the next 20, if I live that long. Give us a good enough synopsis and I might make an exception for this episode, but if you can't be bothered, fair enough; I won't be too bothered either.
See thunderbolt post below your original one. And calm down sweet cheeks, you’ll ruin your makeup :kiss:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Instead of sniping, and showing how cool you are, that you don't watch soaps, why don't you find out what the back story is to tonight's episode?

Hi TB, this is Mrs bn9 bha, he's left his iPad lying around , don't tell anyone but he watches Corrie :)
And he definitely isn't cool, even though he thinks he is. :nono:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes apologies .
But maybe you should have explained what actually happened, but thanks to [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] post #28 I have more of a clue.

But you love a tease so I obliged?! Night Mary Lou :salute:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
See thunderbolt post below your original one. And calm down sweet cheeks, you’ll ruin your makeup :kiss:

I think not. I do sympathise with you though; it must be awful being so wrong.............................

So, OK, it was about knife crime? Fine. That's one more actor out of a well paid job, I guess. If only we still had the test card to watch...........

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
peggy.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't stand Eastenders, I don't do soaps. But as I gathered tonight was something of an "event" episode, I watched it. I don't even know the character who died, or how it happened. But the surrounding trauma, the acting, the writing, all interspersed with bereaved REAL people who have lived the horror of losing a loved one through such a senseless, pointless act... it brutally brought home that its permanent for everyone. It can never be fixed.

It was masterful television. The absolute best of the BBC. Showing a mirror to the scum who carry knives. Whether it actually makes any difference, who knows. But that was one hell of a piece of television, and it actually drew a tear from me. Which is bloody weird because I actively repel this program. But there it is.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm afraid I switched it off after 15 mins. I only watched it on catch up after looking at this thread after not seeing it since about 1990. I can see what they were trying to do but it was very clumsily done. Landmark television? Uhm no, it wasn't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here