Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Huddersfield

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought Kayal had his best game for us this year TBH. Hasn't played much, getting sharper and fitter with every game..........perhaps BG thinks Kayal doesn't need any match fitness and should slot straight in without any games... who knows

No.......BG thinks he is “championship standard at best”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Writing anything is better than writing:-

I WAS WRONG.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I dont think Kayal had a bad game he did as most expected within his capabilities but he is no Stephens. How can anybody say Stephens wasnt missed? He would have been on Mahrez non stop.

Mahrez was largly ineffectual, running about alot and falling over as my 6 yo obversed. their goals came where we got caught out upfield and didnt recover well enough, arguably for the second just switched off. so no, Stephens would not have made much difference.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mahrez was largly ineffectual, running about alot and falling over as my 6 yo obversed. their goals came where we got caught out upfield and didnt recover well enough, arguably for the second just switched off. so no, Stephens would not have made much difference.

Yep......lots of sideways and backwards stuff when he did have the ball and managed not to fall over because Kayal and Propper marshalled him pretty effectively.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think it could be our most important game. If we win and Southampton loose to Arsenal and Stoke loose to Tottenham, then we should be safe. If we loose then Crystal Palace becomes potentially the most important then Tottenham e,t,c until we get to a point when its a must win game (which hopefully we won't get to).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it could be our most important game. If we win and Southampton loose to Arsenal and Stoke loose to Tottenham, then we should be safe. If we loose then Crystal Palace becomes potentially the most important then Tottenham e,t,c until we get to a point when its a must win game (which hopefully we won't get to).

That is true but we cant expect to get many points against Spurs Man U Liverpool or Man City. Our best hope for points in most likely order are Huddresfield, Palace Burnley then take your pick.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
That is true but we cant expect to get many points against Spurs Man U Liverpool or Man City. Our best hope for points in most likely order are Huddresfield, Palace Burnley then take your pick.

It certainly makes our season a lot harder if we did fail to win, that's for sure, but we are at the time of year when strange things happen. For example if Man City win the league next weekend then how will they approach the rest of their season? What about Liverpool last game of the season if they are in 3rd place and can't get 2nd place or fall to 4th place? It is a really hard time of year to call, We are so not safe yet, but we are close.

Probably our most important game of the season coming up so we must hope that Stephens is back as he was sadly missed against Leicester and he will be vital for us in this game.

Not our most important game of the season. But it probably is Huddersfield's

I think that 2 people cost us the game yesterday Murray with a poor performance and CH taking off the best player on the field and leaving Murray on to bring on March.

I agree Locadia was the best player on the pitch but he looked shattered in the later stages, he hasn't played 90 minutes for some time. But once he's up to speed and fully fit he's going to be some player.

Murray wasn't having his best game and I would have taken him off and given Hemed 20-25 minutes to make hinself a hero.

Which he probably would have done, with the penalty. He must have been as frustrated as hell sitting on the bench

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Huddersfield is a big match - win and survival is virtually guaranteed. It's not the end of the world if we don't win, though. I don't know where we'll pick up points, but I just can't see us losing the next seven on the trot - with the last two results that would mean nine games without a point, and I just don't see that happening.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I agree Locadia was the best player on the pitch but he looked shattered in the later stages, he hasn't played 90 minutes for some time. But once he's up to speed and fully fit he's going to be some player.

Murray wasn't having his best game and I would have taken him off and given Hemed 20-25 minutes to make hinself a hero.

Which he probably would have done, with the penalty. He must have been as frustrated as hell sitting on the bench

I Would’ve felt a lot more confident seeing Hemed stepping up to take that penalty.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can somebody explain why when we were losing 1-0 with minutes to go we didnt bring on Hemed to try to get a goal as Murray was getting no joy out of Morgan and Maguire who were excellent but then decided to push Duffy forward. We were never going to win a ball in the air against Morgan.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can somebody explain why when we were losing 1-0 with minutes to go we didnt bring on Hemed to try to get a goal as Murray was getting no joy out of Morgan and Maguire who were excellent but then decided to push Duffy forward. We were never going to win a ball in the air against Morgan.

Oh i see you've moved on from DS...best ask CH anyway

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
It certainly makes our season a lot harder if we did fail to win, that's for sure, but we are at the time of year when strange things happen. For example if Man City win the league next weekend then how will they approach the rest of their season? What about Liverpool last game of the season if they are in 3rd place and can't get 2nd place or fall to 4th place? It is a really hard time of year to call, We are so not safe yet, but we are close.

If Huddersfield are still in the mire at that time then we won't get any favours from Wagner's best mate.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
I dont think Kayal had a bad game he did as most expected within his capabilities but he is no Stephens. How can anybody say Stephens wasnt missed? He would have been on Mahrez non stop.

I think that 2 people cost us the game yesterday Murray with a poor performance and CH taking off the best player on the field and leaving Murray on to bring on March.

I can’t see what Stephens would have added to the performance? We lost because we weren’t sharp enough in front of goal despite having several good chances.

Whatever Stephens’ attributes (and I do rate him) he’s really not a playmaker putting in the killer pass or scoring goals.

I thought Kayal was excellent yesterday and brought an attacking mindset to the game that Stephens doesn’t always show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would expect CH to go with his standard starting 10 with one variant

Ryan

Schelotto Duffy Dunk Bong

xxxxx Proper Stephens Izquierdo

Gross Murray

xxxxx will be one from Locadia, AK or March.

Personally I would rather see Kayal play as I thought he had a great game yesterday and we lost energy when he went off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here