Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we did get into the Europa League

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
How any Brighton fan can call the Europa League a “Tin pot “ is beyond me..,,,
Do you realise just how poor we are without Murray? It would be an absolute privilege to play in any European cup competition.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Personally I wouldn't be able to afford/get the time off to do the away trips, so I would probably find it really frustrating.

However, I find it mad that any Brighton fan would not want us to get there in principle. I am confident the novelty of trips to the likes of Old Trafford and Anfield will wear off sooner rather than later, and we aren't going to qualify for the Champions League. If the chance of sneaking into the Europa League or perhaps putting together a side that wins a domestic cup doesn't excite you, what exactly is the point of being in the Prem?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
European football at Amex would be a great experience. It's utterly bizarre anyone would think otherwise especially as we are such a small club with no real European history of note.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Since 2007/8 these non big 6 clubs have qualified for European competition:

Bolton Wanderers
Fulham
Birmingham City
Stoke City
Wigan Athletic
Swansea City
Hull City
West Ham United
Southampton
Burnley

If those clubs can achieve it, then there's no reason to believe that one day we won't be playing in either the Europa League or UEFAs new competition.

Wow, 7 of those teams have been relegated since playing in Europe. Not in the same season but they are no longer competing in the top half of the premier league

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
it's a big shame when finishing 17th in the premier league is more important than

winning the FA Cup

winning the League Cup

or even qualifying for Europe at all

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wow, 7 of those teams have been relegated since playing in Europe. Not in the same season but they are no longer competing in the top half of the premier league

I think they all have. Some have been promoted back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here