Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Looks nice from The East Stand

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I would!

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I don't care care what gender she is, she is a terrible terrible official. I would argue she is only involved in premier league games because she is a woman.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
I have in the past had much respect for her performances. But her last two appearances at the AMEX have been error strewn.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Got one offside completely wrong, but if this is about gender, the male ref got the Dunk penalty wrong, the free-kick was questionable.

Our players made plenty of mistakes too!

All IMO of course.

Over the years, I have found her no worse than any of the other officials, she’s had off days but don’t we all?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have in the past had much respect for her performances. But her last two appearances at the AMEX have been error strewn.

Didn’t think yesterday was.....sit more or less in the with where the Spurs ‘offsides’ were in the first half and think she got them all right. Our defensive line was all over the place, playing (usually) Kane onside.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
We are alll used to you saying stupid or controversial things on these boards, but pray tell what make her a terrible official, in your opinion - aside from being female!

As I said her gender is an irrelevance to me. She could be a trained chimp for all I care.

As stated by many other posters she repeatedly makes the wrong discussions. One goal kick she gave was that obviously wrong the red overruled her. It was the same for the Southampton game in the league cup where she regularly managed to balls up very basic calls.

I’m not trying to be controversial. I actually have respect for the girl - she must get pelters wherever she goes - and a lot of it pretty nasty sexist abuse, but she doesn’t moan about it or show any signs of throwing in the towel. But she shouldn’t be immune to criticism because of her sex either.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
People will claim they’re not being discriminatory by commenting on the decisions she made, but when was the last time there was a thread started specifically to discuss an assistant referee’s performance?

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
People will claim they’re not being discriminatory by commenting on the decisions she made, but when was the last time there was a thread started specifically to discuss an assistant referee’s performance?

Precisely. She was an assistant referee who did ok on the night. I don't think she got anything horribly wrong. End of story. Her gender is TOTALLY irrelevant.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

May. Regarding the linesman in the man utd game. http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?363928-Lino-giving-Man-Utd-the-ball-back-at-the-end

'linesman' features in the title of 28 threads (no idea if these links will work):
http://www.northstandchat.com/search.php?searchid=11355659
'lino' features in 12 titles
http://www.northstandchat.com/search.php?searchid=11355658

'assistant' is a little too generic (assistant manager, here to help assistants, etc), VAR. (80+ threads)
'officials' also seems to have a lot of 'Fifa officials' 'Club Officials' as well, (51 threads).

How many assistant referees can you pick out of a line up? How many can you name? I can name one. Sian Massey-something. (Yes, I know it's in the title of the thread, but I never remember that bit). Yes, this thread was framed wrong, but she is the only recognisable lino in the game at the moment, also as the only female premier league official, she is also going to stand out and be noticed. Because of the Keys/Grey incident she is much more visible, and football fans in general know her, and so remember her performances running the line.

I've always thought she was one of the better linos out there. Especially during the height of the controversy swirling around her, she was constantly getting every decision right, even narrow offside were accurately caught.

I didn't think she was great in her last game with us, and thought yesterday was disappointing by her usual high standards. There was one offside she didn't flag for (long cross-field ball to a player offside right in front of her, and she didn't flag - the player made a move for the ball, but didn't get to it until after Bong(?) had collected it and lost it under pressure from the offside player). I didn't bother getting out of my seat for our disallowed goal because I saw it was offside the moment the ball was played. She got that spot on. We had one shot/cross a defender headed over and neither she nor the ref seemed sure whether it was a corner or not (eventually it was given). She, like the ref, seemed to ignore Rose assaulting Kayal at every corner.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
My own feeling is that if she was male this thread wouldn't exist.

She did have a rotten game last time I saw her at the AMEX. Not so this. Our goal was correctly ruled offside. It was actually a very good decision.

Problem for her is that any error she makes is amplified. I guess she might make more errors as this probably unsettles her.

Lay off.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Exactly this. Childish thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here