Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conor Goldson take a bow

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
One of my team is a Rangers STH.......they absolutely bloody LOVE him already. He’ll be their player of the season.

My work colleague is a Rangers fan and says the same thing - he's getting worried that other PL sides will start noticing how well he's playing and start making offers

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm really pleased for him. It's sad that he never quite made it back for us after his op, but, still mentally think he's on loan and he is coming back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jonny Dixon - 55k. Far too much. Lawrenson, let go for 900k. I'm still smarting about that one.

All Barber's fault.

I admire your perspective. :rolleyes::lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rangers are shite and the SPL is League One at best.

Connor Goldson is the club captain - and already a hero at the club and a front runner for player of the season - and tonight he scored the winning goal in a European tie in front of 49,000 adoring fans. Yes, obviously you're right, his career is going right down the pan - wonder if he gives a shit about that, eh?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Connor Goldson is the club captain - and already a hero at the club and a front runner for player of the season - and tonight he scored the winning goal in a European tie in front of 49,000 adoring fans. Yes, obviously you're right, his career is going right down the pan - wonder if he gives a shit about that, eh?

James Tavernier is club captain - Connor is vice captain !

He started one match as captain but passed over the armband when JT came on as a sub (having been rested for the next match)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am really pleased for Connor but in my humble opinion he was very susceptible to being bullied by a big aggressive forward when we were in the Championship, hence the signing of Duffy. Let’s see how he does against the better teams in the Champions League proper. I hope they get through and then he’ll probably be involved in games against teams that have equivalent or better forwards than those that play in the Premier League. That is when we can make a genuine comparison because the SPL is not anywhere near the level of the Premier League.

CH does not strike me as a mug who would let Champion’s League quality defenders go willy nilly.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking forward to him and Dunk partnering up in an England defence at some point

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Better than Duffy FFS what is wrong with some posters. :facepalm:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Looking forward to him and Dunk partnering up in an England defence at some point

Dunk is quite a way down the pecking order as far as England centre backs are concerned, and he is a far superior player to Goldson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here