Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
When he re-signed for the Albion, I'm sure I remember someone (or maybe more than one poster) saying they wouldn't celebrate his goals IF he scored any. I'd love to know if they stuck to their side of the bargain... That finish today was sublime and I thought he put in one HELL of a shift today. It's clear that he is desperate to keep the shirt.

Sounded good in the Radio Sussex interview after the game, too. :albion2:
No chance. They're full of shit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Of course he's a legend.

Murray joined us when we were at our lowest days at Withdean when everything was starting to go stale. To think he's now scoring against the likes of United still with the quality he showed when we 1st signed him ( 2 goals on his Withdean debut).

Well done to Barry Lloyd for spotting him during a warmup session for Rochdale.. I remember Lloyd saying how Murray caught his eye thanks to his quality 1st touch. Great scouting.

Murray's arrival was also very significant to where we are now. Some random fan called Tony Bloom, who barely anyone had ever heard of before, funded his signing whilst Dick Knight was still running the club. The beginning of what was to come. Well done Bloom.

And finally, well done Palace for replacing him with Benteke and indirectly giving our Murray back. Makes the CMS deal not look so bad now.

A club legend and a Withdean survivor. If any player knows how far we've come as a club, it's Glenn Murray.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Outstanding finish. Shame it wasn't Kane or Salah who scored that goal as Sky would be creaming themselves all week over it.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Of course he's a legend.

Murray joined us when we were at our lowest days at Withdean when everything was starting to go stale. To think he's now scoring against the likes of United still with the quality he showed when we 1st signed him ( 2 goals on his Withdean debut).

Well done to Barry Lloyd for spotting him during a warmup session for Rochdale.. I remember Lloyd saying how Murray caught his eye thanks to his quality 1st touch. Great scouting.

Murray's arrival was also very significant to where we are now. Some random fan called Tony Bloom, who barely anyone had ever heard of before, funded his signing whilst Dick Knight was still running the club. The beginning of what was to come. Well done Bloom.

And finally, well done Palace for replacing him with Benteke and indirectly giving our Murray back. Makes the CMS deal not look so bad now.

A club legend and a Withdean survivor. If any player knows how far we've come as a club, it's Glenn Murray.

And we have a very early winner for post of the day! :clap2::thumbsup:

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
For my money, this was Murray's finest performance in an Albion short. Tireless, needling harassment of their mob, movement into channels, brave, clinical et al...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He appears regularly on Premier League Fanzone, usuaally talking about Brighton or Palace but does do some previews andreviews of other teams and matches. He has a good presence and presentation on TV.

And on the radio. He had a lengthy spell on R5 on Friday evening. He is eloquent. This was all discussed on another thread.

I loved the way he kept Knocky under control during the run in to our promotion. And he looks so heathy.

:love:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What a player:

Fox
Protagonist
Poacher
Aggressor
Worker
Team Player

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Great thread!

Each year we get the same old lines - he'll play a bit part this year, he's too slow (yawn).

What a player!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
You can count on Murray at home as we attack more. Away we are to defensive and need pace for balls over the top

I can totally see your point on this, but think the problem we have away from home is him being too isolated and not having a pacey player with him in support. One of Glenn’s strengths is his hold up play and ability to win free kicks when centre backs try and come through him - that would really take the pressure off us away from home and be valuable to us. However if he had someone other than Gross that can feed off him and use pace to get behind the defence then that would make us more dangerous.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

A pleasing stat hidden away in the caption is that he has now scored more Premier League goals for us than for anyone else put together. He should never have left and been allowed to score for anyone else, of course, but I'm very pleased that we are reaping the benefit of all that experience, intelligence and know-how and not certain other clubs.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
He's certainly going to a bit part player this season. It's just that those bits could be quite large and joined up.

The only real worry is that with Glenn getting that bit older, he may lose the edge off his pace :bowdown:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's certainly going to a bit part player this season. It's just that those bits could be quite large and joined up.

The only real worry is that with Glenn getting that bit older, he may lose the edge off his pace :bowdown:

ha ha, there is that with Glenn where if he is ahead of the defender running toward goal you are not thinking 'is he offside' you are thinking 'he must be offside' :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here