Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If anything else the Tories need to stop fannying about. Johnson, the Foreign Secretary seems to have missed the COBRA meeting today, which is relatively important in his ****ing job.

Government is not operating at all.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Sure the rich kids will leave, but good riddance, our country will be more equal as a result. Equally poor I grant you, but equal none the less.

Just for the record - there is no evidence that higher corporate income tax rates = job losses. It's just one of those things endlessly stated as 'fact' by right wing economists (and then picked up on and repeated ad nauseum by commentators with an ideological leaning to the right). In reality, of course, nobody really knows, but what evidence there is, from similar economies, would indicate it will make no difference to jobs, but will increase tax income.

see https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ess-tax-create-less-jobs-labor-research-shows

Also bear in mind that when the government collects and spends more money (on health, education, housing, infrastructure etc) it creates good jobs and contributes to economic growth and increased productivity.

Which I wouldn't pretend 'proves' anything one way or another. But is just as valid (more so really in my view) than the output of the likes of the mouth-foaming Adam Smith Institute and the Institute of Economic Affairs who profess to be independent but are really just paid lobbyists for big corporations and rich right wing ideologues.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If anything else the Tories need to stop fannying about. Johnson, the Foreign Secretary seems to have missed the COBRA meeting today, which is relatively important in his ****ing job.

Government is not operating at all.
Boris doesn't care a jot about anything apart from Boris. He's proved it time and time again and yet people still fall for the "jolly bufoon" facade. He's a weapons grade **** of the highest order and should be nowhere near government.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I have literally switched off from all brexit news and discussion because I didn't really understand it. I didn't understand it when I voted either.

I'm assuming, with the thousands of hours of discussions, everyone understands it now?

It would be awful if we still didn't have a clue what we were doing 2 years after voting for something. Especially after such a clear and detailed campaign.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Fairly obvious that the conversation had shifted to Nige by that point.

Only to people who didn't know the thread was about David Davis.She was quoting the second poster on this thread who was also on about David Davis,so wtf are you on about?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The country can unite once Brexit is properly done. After all it's what the MAJORITY voted for.

Most of "the majority" will be dead by then. A fair few have died already.

D

Deleted member 22389

Have supported May up until now, but it's clearly time for her to go now. She has completely given in on everything. Dreadful negotiating stance.

We should have gone to the EU right from the start and said a no deal suits us and then seen what they were prepared to offer if anything. Instead we have conceded and conceded. Crazy. As Boris has said Trump would have done this much much better and got a much better deal for our country.

Stick a Brexiteer in number 10 for the next twelve months to get this through on our terms and then have a general election with it done, so that we can vote on domestic issues.

Agree.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Saw Ms Patel on Question Time last week. She had a really difficult time I thought - not much support from the audience on the inevitable Brexit related questions - so I checked where it was coming from, thinking that it must be a Leaver stronghold. In fact it was King's Lynn which is I thought in the Leaver heartlands. Moreover it was clear as a bell that fellow panel member and ex Tory MP Matthew Paris absolutely detested her.

I'm afraid some asian ladies in the working environment can be perceived as over pushy,but I still would:blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here