Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well,the air quality in London should get better with fewer flights into City airport,and 1000's of fewer taxi journeys,plus the foul stink of some bankers going!:wave:
As for the idiot who said immigrants don't use the NHS,he should try getting into a hospital in the Midlands!

Here we go again. Your stuff would work much better if you added some wit and smart touches to it.

Think I’ll finish up for the day.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well,the air quality in London should get better with fewer flights into City airport,and 1000's of fewer taxi journeys,plus the foul stink of some bankers going!:wave:
As for the idiot who said immigrants don't use the NHS,he should try getting into a hospital in the Midlands!

Well I won't believe it if you don't add 3 random lines in a JPEG :wave:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But 20bn is chicken feed when you compare it to what a trade deal could cost/make us over the next 10 years. This is higher stakes than anything our Tone has ever gambled. Just glad we've got our best team on it negotiating from a position of strength ???

I love all this political posturing about the divorce bill. It's not as if we have anything important to get on with.

Yep whether its 20, 40, 60 its just politics and trying to aplease the Brexiteers and the offshore media outlets.

No deal will literally cost us 100's of billion.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Quite....and we just gained some prestigious organisations. Alles gut.

Out of interest, do you think the relocation plans of these two EU bodies indicate to those remoaners that are not convinced we are actually leaving the EU that we are still going to Remain IN or that actually we are Leaving after all?
I wonder if its the latter conclusion that makes them so angry.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Counting all the brown people, they are immigrants by default...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
View attachment 91316

Do you actually read what you are posting or rely on pretty pictures?

That FT piece starts with
London battles to keep hold of two main EU agencies
David Davis claims medicine and banking bodies will not have to leave Canary Wharf.

Then the article itself doesn’t even have anything Davis has said himself on that subject but quotes instead a “spokesman”
https://www.ft.com/content/72ead180-229a-11e7-8691-d5f7e0cd0a16

The article and you somewhat contradict the position paper issued by Davis department which recognised EU International departments, agencies and bodies were leaving but was willing to agree to reciprocal arrangements in the spirit of EU protocols and the context of withdrawal negotiations.
“in order to permit the EU a reasonable time in which to wind up its current operations in the UK.” These arrangements would “apply for a limited period after exit”

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._Privileges_and_immunities_Position_PapeR.pdf

Not so much keep indefinitely as you are wrongly suggesting but more of give you more time to pack your bags if you want.

Its rather better reported here
https://www.politico.eu/article/davis-proposes-transition-period-for-eu-agencies-in-uk-after-brexit/

“LONDON — The U.K. wants to grant EU organizations and agencies “privileges and immunities” to continue operating in the U.K. for a certain period of time after Brexit — opening the door to a transition period for the European Medicines Agency and the European Banking Authority to relocate from London.”

I would kick the remain rag FT into touch if I were you. But I understand how you gullible types like your headlines rather than the substance.
Project bullshit still going strong

The major point is, the agency is going, and with it a chunk of our GDP.
The known downside is large, the unknown as yet hit to UK pharmaceutical industry, could be larger still. What is the upside?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Here we go again. Your stuff would work much better if you added some wit and smart touches to it.

Think I’ll finish up for the day.

I'd like to have an argument with you about wit,but I don't fight unarmed people (c.Tony Benn).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Out of interest, do you think the relocation plans of these two EU bodies indicate to those remoaners that are not convinced we are actually leaving the EU that we are still going to Remain IN or that actually we are Leaving after all?
I wonder if its the latter conclusion that makes them so angry.

I wonder if you give a shit about this damage or if it just excites you, like a kid smashing bottles in the road.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well I won't believe it if you don't add 3 random lines in a JPEG :wave:

Still adding news and information by the bucket-load.How we marvel at the scope of your knowledge and intelligence-not.Don't forget to follow the Fuhrer out.:bigwave:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Counting all the brown people, they are immigrants by default...

Ah,you have been in our hospitals.You keep on raising 'brown people'-are you a racist?Most EU supporters are,look at how few 'brown people' there are in power in Junkerland.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I wonder if you give a shit about this damage or if it just excites you, like a kid smashing bottles in the road.

Its your opinion its damaging that these bodies are relocating.
To me its more conformation we are indeed leaving and following due process, and i get satisfaction knowing the turds that want to ignore the referendum result and cause irreparable damage to the democracy of this country are slowly being forced back into the shit stained box they crawled out from.
Regards xx

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
https://order-order.com/2017/11/21/75-medicine-agencies-staff-want-stay-london/

Predictable howls from Remain ultras that the European Medicines Agency relocating back to the EU somehow proves Britain is a diminishing power. The EMA is a European Union agency. It helps authorise the sale of drugs across the EU’s single market. We are leaving the EU and the single market. Would be pretty odd for the EMA to still be based here…

What of the brain drain of top scientists that Remainers are promising? In the real world, a poll of the EMA’s 890 workers found that 75% of them want to stay in London. An obvious opportunity for the UK to poach the boffins who would rather live here than in Holland. Everyone needs to calm down.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
These extra accounts are getting positively schizophrenic now.Which one are you,the japanese pervert?Bore off.

Christ trawling the thread for people with an opinion that differs from your own and you tell me to bore off? Get yourself a hobby petal.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
From Owen Patterson...

"If we are to thrive, our post-Brexit model should exactly be Singapore, a tiny country devoid of natural resources but with a booming economy and an average life expectancy of 85"

The Tories would love a few authoritarian rules. We'll need to slim down though if we're gonna live that long

Capture.JPG

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Its your opinion its damaging that these bodies are relocating.
To me its more conformation we are indeed leaving and following due process, and i get satisfaction knowing the turds that want to ignore the referendum result and cause irreparable damage to the democracy of this country are slowly being forced back into the shit stained box they crawled out from.
Regards xx

If you disagree that these agencies leaving is damaging, put a counter argument.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
https://order-order.com/2017/11/21/75-medicine-agencies-staff-want-stay-london/

Predictable howls from Remain ultras that the European Medicines Agency relocating back to the EU somehow proves Britain is a diminishing power. The EMA is a European Union agency. It helps authorise the sale of drugs across the EU’s single market. We are leaving the EU and the single market. Would be pretty odd for the EMA to still be based here…

What of the brain drain of top scientists that Remainers are promising? In the real world, a poll of the EMA’s 890 workers found that 75% of them want to stay in London. An obvious opportunity for the UK to poach the boffins who would rather live here than in Holland. Everyone needs to calm down.

Unfortunately, some of the companies that could have used them, will now be relocating to Holland.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Christ trawling the thread for people with an opinion that differs from your own and you tell me to bore off? Get yourself a hobby petal.

Says a "new" poster with 42 posts-yeah,right.Petal?Now where have I read that before?Nob.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here