Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 2017-18 discipline watch

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With 11 games in the next 42 days, the fixtures are going to come thick and fast, and discipline could start to become a factor.

With that in mind, this is what I believe the current situation of yellow cards picked up is:

Ryan 0

Bruno 2
Schelotto 0
Duffy 3
Dunk 2
Goldson 0
Hunemeier 0
Suttner 0
Bong 1

Propper 1
Stephens 0

Knockaert 3
Izquierdo 0
March 1

Gross 1
Brown 0

Murray 2
Hemed 0

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's the cut-off date?

I'm not sure if it's 31/12 or after 19 matches....

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 10.01.03.png

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Disappointing to see AK with 3. Remember he was forced to “take one for the team” v Everton but were the other two sulky ones?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Disappointing to see AK with 3. Remember he was forced to “take one for the team” v Everton but were the other two sulky ones?

I can't recall. His three are:

v Barnet (EFL Cup)
v Newcastle
v Everton

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just checking at PL.com.

Given he’s been injured all season, impressive work from Benteke to notch up 3 yellows .... and 0 goals obv

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looking at fixtures, assuming no postponements, and assuming I can count, we'll have played 21 matches by 31/12/17.

Correct, yes, which is why I'm not sure whether it's the date 31/12 or the 19th game (v Watford on 23/12).

I imagine [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] will know but he's asleep right now.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
With 11 games in the next 42 days, the fixtures are going to come thick and fast, and discipline could start to become a factor.

With that in mind, this is what I believe the current situation of yellow cards picked up is:

Ryan 0

Bruno 2
Schelotto 0
Duffy 3
Dunk 2
Goldson 0
Hunemeier 0
Suttner 0
Bong 1

Propper 1
Stephens 0

Knockaert 3
Izquierdo 0
March 1

Gross 1
Brown 0

Murray 2
Hemed 0

Other clubs must have similar numbers of cards, I think that it is not the number of cards we have, but at what time in the season they get them and who the next opponent is.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Other clubs must have similar numbers of cards, I think that it is not the number of cards we have, but at what time in the season they get them and who the next opponent is.

Sort of, yes. But Duffy and Dunk arriving at 5 cards at the same time wouldn't be much fun, as unlikely as that is.

I thought it was pretty remarkable that Propper and Stephens only have a single card between them.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Duffy is the one I'm worried about. Can probably afford to lose AK for a game with March waiting in the wings but Duffy would be a big loss.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Frankly I doubt any of our players will be suspended for 5 yellows. They aren't going to want to miss out!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just one to add after Stoke's visit:

Ryan 0

Bruno 2
Schelotto 0
Duffy 3
Dunk 2
Goldson 0
Hunemeier 0
Suttner 0
Bong 1

Propper 1
Stephens 0

Knockaert 3
Izquierdo 0
March 1

Gross 1
Brown 0

Murray 3

Hemed 0

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Our players discipline has been superb this season. The fact that the ball has been in our half much more than that last two seasons shows how Dunk especially has matured in the last 12 months.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Dunk, Duffy and in fact Bruno will have done very well to get to the 19 game point without five bookings. I would never have expected that at the start of the season. That said the attacks of Man Utd, Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea will test that severally before the cut off. Arguably if any of them get to four it might be worth resting for a game against one of the big guys which we would expect to lose anyway.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Just one to add after Stoke's visit:

Ryan 0

Bruno 2
Schelotto 0
Duffy 3
Dunk 2
Goldson 0
Hunemeier 0
Suttner 0
Bong 1

Propper 1
Stephens 0

Knockaert 3
Izquierdo 0
March 1

Gross 1
Brown 0

Murray 3

Hemed 0

Murray rather got away with that yellow – plenty of refs would have flourished red after the way he dived in. Guessing he was still sore about the pen that wasn't given ...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can't recall. His three are:

v Barnet (EFL Cup)
v Newcastle
v Everton

Barnet was poor from him. It was given to him by the tunnel as he’d just gone mental at the Lino, squared up to him & even threw a head but like action at him. It carried on after the half time whistle and he was booked after leaving the pitch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here