Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Stoke

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thinking of our midfield options if anything happened to Stephens or Propper how far off is Sidwell and also if needed LR can play as DM.

Sidwell is months away - they won't put a date on it. It wouldn't be a huge surprise if we've seen the last of him in an Albion shirt.

Rosenior you continually list as defensive midfield cover, despite the fact he has never played there in his career. He's a decent full back, who can do a solid job out wide on the right. He basically covers EXACTLY the same positions as Schelotto - thus its not likely to see both on the bench at the same time.

The 'midfield options' are BERAM KAYAL, and a couple of untested Irish teenagers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sidwell is months away - they won't put a date on it. It wouldn't be a huge surprise if we've seen the last of him in an Albion shirt.

Rosenior you continually list as defensive midfield cover, despite the fact he has never played there in his career. He's a decent full back, who can do a solid job out wide on the right. He basically covers EXACTLY the same positions as Schelotto - thus its not likely to see both on the bench at the same time.

The 'midfield options' are BERAM KAYAL, and a couple of untested Irish teenagers.

I'm sure we won't see Steve Sidwell again. He probably won't be fit until well into the new year, then his contract is up in June. Not even sure we will see much of Rosenior either. Schelotto, a younger option and expensive buy, has to be the one Chris Hughton will turn to first.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I think that LR is very versatile and could do a similar job for us protecting the back four that Liam Bridcutt did. What is exactly Sidwell suffering with as it seems he has been out a long time.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I would expect both Schelotto who is earmarked as the eventual successor to Bruno and Suttner who provides keen competition for Bong to retain their places on the bench.

Really like what I have seen of Schelotto. Fast, well balanced, seems to play with his head up. He also looks like quite an imposing player. Hope he knows his time will come and isn't getting frustrate. Only being kept out because the legend (and he really is becoming legendary this season) that is Bruno is playing as well as we have seen.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I must be the only person who cannot see Kayal being on the bench against Stoke but if he is instead of whom.

Yes, you are on your own with this one too. Just eighteen months ago, Kayal was voted our PotS and, as several people have pointed out, we've had no CMs on the bench, bar Molumby. Your suggestion of moving Gross back might work, but Hughton is extremely big on partnerships, and Gross has developed an understanding with the more advanced players, such that he's near the top of the assist list in the PL. It's just not going to happen.
And, by the way, your description of Kayal (which I doubt you can provide any substantial evidence for) sounds much more like Sidwell. In the last game against Villa, he gave away no fewer than four free kicks around our box, and is far more prone to doing so than Kayal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, you are on your own with this one too. Just eighteen months ago, Kayal was voted our PotS and, as several people have pointed out, we've had no CMs on the bench, bar Molumby. Your suggestion of moving Gross back might work, but Hughton is extremely big on partnerships, and Gross has developed an understanding with the more advanced players, such that he's near the top of the assist list in the PL. It's just not going to happen.
And, by the way, your description of Kayal (which I doubt you can provide any substantial evidence for) sounds much more like Sidwell. In the last game against Villa, he gave away no fewer than four free kicks around our box, and is far more prone to doing so than Kayal.

Gross is a CM that we have moved forward out of need and as regards free kicks given away by Sidwell that is immaterial as he is out for another 2 -3 months.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gross is a CM that we have moved forward out of need and as regards free kicks given away by Sidwell that is immaterial as he is out for another 2 -3 months.
You think? Explain his record last season then.....in a crap team....

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You think? Explain his record last season then.....in a crap team....

I think, only think I must stress , that it was you who posted a clip from The Argus with an interview with CH and he said that he was a CM who was having to play further forward .due to our injuries.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think, only think I must stress , that it was you who posted a clip from The Argus with an interview with CH and he said that he was a CM who was having to play further forward .due to our injuries.
Sure you're right.....your memory has been proved so on here time after time [emoji106][emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here