Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Issues with People you (otherwise) Love

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Have just spent the last 20 minutes or so washing drying & putting away a myriad of pots, pans, plates and cutlery which apparently were required to cook a single course f*cking meal.

I am sure I could have prepared & served it with about a third of this.

I dearly love Mrs Jakarta but even after 20 years of marriage this sort of shit drives me crazy - am I alone? :annoyed:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Have just spent the last 20 minutes or so washing drying & putting away a myriad of pots, pans, plates and cutlery which apparently were required to cook a single course f*cking meal.

I dearly love Mrs Jakarta but even after 20 years of marriage this sort of shit drives me crazy - am I alone? :annoyed:

Evidently not. Yet. You soon will be if she reads your post complaining about 20 mins clearing up after she’s cooked your dinner for you... :smile:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto

You've solved your own problem.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I have sweetcorn, Wife doesn't.
I have frozen peas, Wife doesn't.
Wife has tinned peas, I don't
Wife has assorted vegetables, I don't.
Guaranteed minimum three pans every meal. Of course, I'm a man and would never wash up! Dishwasher.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
I share some of this sort of feeling, and not just from clearing up in the kitchen but elsewhere in the house.

But I've been doing it for 40 years. She has a heavyweight job - that's OK. She's retiring next year and things will be a bit different.....

.... and even if they're not, I'll cope.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Wait till you have forty years under your belt:ohmy:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
It doesn’t matter how much I love someone, if I can hear them crunching/eating, I am already planning how to KILL them

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My wife is an ex chef, so when in kitchen she is used to using the whole kitchen in preparing said meals.
As there's no kitchen porter ready available to clear the up the devastation of metal carnage of pots and pans.
Cue moi, to start the clear up :wink:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
My wife is an ex chef, so when in kitchen she is used to using the whole kitchen in preparing said meals.
As there's no kitchen porter ready available to clear the up the devastation of metal carnage of pots and pans.
Cue moi, to start the clear up :wink:

Does she shout and swear at you whilst she's cooking as well - like Ramsey?

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I was just watching a programme about refugees. I was genuinely almost in tears. Then I saw this.
You have really put things in perspective. I hope your life improves.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My evening started by stubbing my little toe in a HUGE way on a Door Frame such that it now looks like Mike Tyson's hence my mood was not improved by the pile of washing up that confronted me.

Happily a glass of Malbec has taken the edge off things... Mrs J forgiven. :kiss:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I was just watching a programme about refugees. I was genuinely almost in tears. Then I saw this.
You have really put things in perspective. I hope your life improves.

It is quite clearly not a serious thread but you have to stick your oar in - I'll let other people think what your life must be like to bother posting on this...

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is quite clearly not a serious thread but you have to stick your oar in - I'll let other people think what your life must be like to bother posting on this...

As you say, clearly not a serious thread. Mine was clearly not that serious a response. But....you have to stick your oar in. I'll chalk this one up to an issue with people (me) you otherwise love ;-)
Chill Winston.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Do like me - bags the cooking. And the washing up (doesn't need a full sink of hot water ffs). Good luck. #firstworldproblem

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
My evening started by stubbing my little toe in a HUGE way on a Door Frame such that it now looks like Mike Tyson's hence my mood was not improved by the pile of washing up that confronted me.

Happily a glass of Malbec has taken the edge off things... Mrs J forgiven. :kiss:

Creepy crawler. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here