Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Price of Football 2017

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surprised they didn't factor in cost of rent/mortgage and the clothes you wear to a match too! What about mobile phone contract costs as you have that in your pocket at a match also.

True.

It doesn't have to be just costs while you're AT a match, though.

If they are counting pies at the match, and also counting the Sky TV subscription, then it is only logical to also include the cost of your evening meal sat at home watching any televised games. And your heating. And a bit of wear on your sofa, perhaps.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Good piece on BBC breakfast earlier, very knowledgeable interviewee, especially about small clubs.
He wasn't that good. Naga just referred to him as "Your guest" as he wasn't riveting enough for her to remember his name. :whistle:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
£41.80 a season on tea?! I spend more that that per game on beer :drink:
a6f7e1e74950e327a38115c3e679308e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Fair play to Huddersfield , could of took the piss and cashed in on the fans but they didn't , nice one .

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Fair play to Huddersfield , could of took the piss and cashed in on the fans but they didn't , nice one .

Indeed fair play. Also to be fair 299 for a Man City season ticket almost a third of Arsenals! How does that work (yeah I know things are more expensive in London but hey)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The survey should replace tea with a pint and remove the tv subscripton and programme, there are just too many other variables. Not one size fits all and I doubt this model of demographic fits almost nobody. The cost for most is probably a lot more than that

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Indeed fair play. Also to be fair 299 for a Man City season ticket almost a third of Arsenals! How does that work (yeah I know things are more expensive in London but hey)

I think Man City's owner is so rich it would barely make any difference if they hiked up the prices so they have got a nice happy medium going there , Arsenal however are simply taking the piss out of their fans who really have done little in the way of protesting the cost of football at their club so i suppose those in charge just carry on regardless , if i supported arsenal i simply couldn't afford to watch them play ! .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The actual COST of going to watch the Albion is about £500-£600 for the season.

Enjoy the two TERRIFIC holidays you spend that on instead :thumbsup:

There’s the £9.50 a day holiday at Butlins that the Sun newspaper do and you can get a week in Benidorm in March for a few hundred with half board and Tony Giangelo at certain hotels that month.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Good piece on BBC breakfast earlier, very knowledgeable interviewee, especially about small clubs.

'He' is a very skilled speaker. No ums or errs and spoke superbly. I was just about to tell the Mrs "I bet he squeezes in..." but he beat me to it and started laughing. She had a good laugh too when I told her.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
For work we've looked at the cost of season tickets compared to property rents and prices near to the grounds of the clubs.

Cost of football property comparison

It makes some interesting reading where near Anfield, 103 season tickets could buy you a 3 bed house or 1 season ticket could secure you over 2 months rent!

Actually makes BHAFC prices not bad value compared to property around here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here