Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odds of Brighton being 8th on Monday

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just having a look at the weekend's fixtures and there are four clubs that could have a chance of going above us before we meet Stoke (have excluded Stoke as can't see them scoring 9 goals against}.

Southampton likely to struggle to get anything at Anfield.
Leicester more than likely to rolled over by the City goal machine.
Newcastle will probably lose by one goal at Old Trafford.
That leaves Watford at home to the 'Ammers'. Probable win for the hornets unless a revitalised West Ham come good and 'do it for the gaffer'!!

If we beat Stoke then would hope that Burnley drop points to Bournemouth making them catchable at the next round of fixtures, assuming we make it 3 away wins in a row!!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think you're getting ahead of yourself a tad here. I'd much rather Burnley beat BMuff - the more teams down the bottom that lose, the better!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sounds good to me

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think you're getting ahead of yourself a tad here. I'd much rather Burnley beat BMuff - the more teams down the bottom that lose, the better!

Surely we should be looking up the table and not over our shoulder. Have we ever won three away games on the trot in the top flight? If not, then it will be tasty at Old Trafford!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Surely we should be looking up the table and not over our shoulder. Have we ever won three away games on the trot in the top flight? If not, then it will be tasty at Old Trafford!

You are getting a little to excited i feel. You need to be a bit more realistic about our targets this season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Team [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION].

I completely get the short-term desire to see us as far up the table as possible, but for me it's all about the long game, and I'm supportive of anything that sees three teams dead and buried early doors.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You are getting a little to excited i feel. You need to be a bit more realistic about our targets this season.

Will be my third trip to Old Trafford to watch Brighton and, realistically, I'm expecting the same outcome as the previous two (although not expecting Macari, McQueen or Giggs to be on the scoresheet this time).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just having a look at the weekend's fixtures and there are four clubs that could have a chance of going above us before we meet Stoke (have excluded Stoke as can't see them scoring 9 goals against}.

Southampton likely to struggle to get anything at Anfield.
Leicester more than likely to rolled over by the City goal machine.
Newcastle will probably lose by one goal at Old Trafford.
That leaves Watford at home to the 'Ammers'. Probable win for the hornets unless a revitalised West Ham come good and 'do it for the gaffer'!!

Think you forgot Hudders, they can overtake us by getting something from B'Muff. TBH I'd be happy with that one ending in a draw and us dropping a place

Points not Places at this stage of the season

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think you forgot Hudders, they can overtake us by getting something from B'Muff. TBH I'd be happy with that one ending in a draw and us dropping a place

Points not Places at this stage of the season

Apologies, I did see that one but forgot to include it. Agree that a draw there would be good for us.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'd rather the bottom six get further away from us than we get nearer 7th etc, come on the top half I say.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

For me this season is split into three core objectives:

Objective 1 - Get a good start and build confidence (Doing and nearly done)
Objective 2 - Be outside the bottom six come the end of January (Looking OK but nowhere near a nailed on)
Objective 3 - Be outside the bottom six, and safe before we play the Big Teams in the run in

as others have said, anything else is just a bonus. It's year one, nobody's lacking ambition just being realistic. Next season we should probably look at a Top 12 finish and build from there.

Remember Hull? they got off to a flyer a few years back but the second half of the season was so bad, even as a neutral seeing their position in the league deteriorate each week was painful.

I’m all for optimism and excitement but I won’t be booking that trip to Barcelona just yet

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Only looking at the Stoke game right now. Three points there and the lads can enjoy themselves at Old Trafford.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Millwall were top of the old 1st Division going into October, and ended up finishing bottom.

#justsayin'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Not me. I'd rather Bournemouth won if we do too. However, I do have a 10/1 bet on a top 10 finish, and I see that is down to 5.3 on Betfair now. If it drops further, I might just lay that off. :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The only thing that matters is that we are 17th or higher at 17.00 on Sunday 13th May 2018, even if it's by goals scored (hell I'd take it by alphabetical order).

Anything between now and then in terms of league placings is utterly irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here