Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs away tickets

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bit expensive and no points on the STH but just bought tickets for (1@) 90 quid in hospitality with free meal and free halftime beer. Nothing to do with me, just an opportunity I couldn't let go. PM if you're interested.

Disclaimer: F'uck all to do with me, just a good deal.

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Bit expensive and no points on the STH but just bought tickets for (1@) 90 quid in hospitality with free meal and free halftime beer. Nothing to do with me, just an opportunity I couldn't let go. PM if you're interested.

I’ve done the same deal along with 7 friends, apparently around 100 BHA fans have taken up the offer so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

You do realise the meal and beer are part of the price and not “free”, don’t you? :dunce:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Do tell..

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Mine arrived yesterday, should be adult and child - which it says on the receipt slip, but both actual tickets say adult.

Is this something I should be checking with the club?

HankSkorpio

Jan 2, 2011
Eastbourne
Mine arrived yesterday, should be adult and child - which it says on the receipt slip, but both actual tickets say adult.

Is this something I should be checking with the club?

I ordered and paid for a concession ticket but an adult ticket arrived. Shouldn't think it will make any difference to stadium entry.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Having 2 adult tickets instead of an adult/child or adult/concession won't be an issue.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I recall from the F.A. cup game at White Hart Lane that Spurs had a way of knowing that wasn’t obvious on the ticket.

For that game, we had 1 child ticket in our group but couldn’t tell the difference. However, the stewards picked up the last of our group to enter the ground and told him he had a concession ticket. They showed him how they knew but I can’t remember now (though think it was obvious once you knew!).

Perhaps they still have a similar way of knowing.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I recall from the F.A. cup game at White Hart Lane that Spurs had a way of knowing that wasn’t obvious on the ticket.

For that game, we had 1 child ticket in our group but couldn’t tell the difference. However, the stewards picked up the last of our group to enter the ground and told him he had a concession ticket. They showed him how they knew but I can’t remember now (though think it was obvious once you knew!).

The barcode on the ticket

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The barcode on the ticket

It can't be that with away tickets unless something unusually sophisticated has been setup between the clubs.

Spurs send the physical tickets to the Albion who sell them. Spurs won't know which seats will be sold to adults and which will be sold to concessions so, at the time tickets are produced, that barcode could not be encoded to indicate adult or child.

The only way it could be done is if the Albion return a file to Spurs of tickets sold and which type of fan bought each seat. Spurs would then load this up ahead of the tickets being scanned at the point of entrance. I would be flabbergasted if this was in place.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Is it like the oyster card in London. If you go through the barrier with a child ticket or whatever - the barriers highlight it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Got a link to their findings? I can't see much evidence of them on the internet other than their own site which makes me suspicious!

Cheers

I was suspicious myself but could not find anything bad on the interweb where usually there is something on dodgy dealers also the company address and history all checked out at companies house. On the original facebook page someone stated they actual rang Spurs to check and all was OK (yes I know this can easily be faked).
Not conclusive I know but good enough for me to take the leap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here