Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a nuclear bomb landed on Reading...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
At least I would not know much about it. Always used to get a bit freaked out at those aftermath films in the 80's people sitting around staring blankly a broken TVs. All looked very grim.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
My Mrs does that when I drop my guts. Based on her language I'd say that it's pretty ineffective against farts therefore I'd not want to risk it against nuclear fallout (unproven as to which one is worse for your health.)

If you really have a problem, check this out. Couldn't believe it when I saw this advert in a Motorway Services last weekend.

But if you have a problem that merits this, it must be awful, to be fair!
20170915_154222.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014

"Platform 3 for the delayed 1724 Southern Service from Reading to London Gatwick. We apologise for the late arrival of this service, which is due to a nuclear incident at Bracknell. This train will now be comprised of four carriages. Please note there will be no buffet car".

I'd be more inclined to believe that over most of their excuses. Although quite why the coaches are short again is beyond me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Will it be one of those 'smart' bombs? Capable of looking round, and thinking, f**k wasting myself here, I'll go somewhere else...............

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
This all sounds terribly late 1950s - early '60's ..... perhaps we should re form the amateur Civil Defense troops .....and we can have fun marching behind CND banners.

There is a lot of sick humour on here, or perhaps I just don't get it?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I presume a wind would carry the fallout further East, depends on how the wind blows............fortunately one reason for living in West Wales, no not the only.

I was in Llangranogg last week! Lovely little place :)

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I think the advise in the 80s was to build a lean to in your house, using doors and mattresses, and stay in there till it all blows over.
Can't say I'm that confident it would work tho.

That must have been to keep us commoners off the roads so the politicians can zoom off into the distance unhampered!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
We seem to be one of the few countries to get rid of our bomb shelters. The public left out to dry by penny pinching governments as usual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here