Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homes under the Hammer.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I can't be the only one who misses this programme and yes i could Sky+ it 'more of get Eggheads off or others take your pick but show Hu/H on BBC 2 in that 6/9pm slot. Plus get a few builders and finance people in to advise. For us its a decent watch on what you can do with a bit advice and money.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
u-ok-hun.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

I could add some value to Lucy Alexander fireplace.:drool:

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
I find it a bit annoying. Not enough before & after for me: it's the same every time.

Somebody goes to an auction, inevitably held in some grim Northern post-industrial town, and buys a really run down terraced house which appears to have been occupied by a now-deceased elderly person. They spend two months on it, rip out the kitchen to be replaced by a a cheap-looking new one, install a new bath, paint all the walls in cream, and then find it's worth ten grand more than what they bought it for.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I find it a bit annoying. Not enough before & after for me: it's the same every time.

Somebody goes to an auction, inevitably held in some grim Northern post-industrial town, and buys a really run down terraced house which appears to have been occupied by a now-deceased elderly person. They spend two months on it, rip out the kitchen to be replaced by a a cheap-looking new one, install a new bath, paint all the walls in cream, and then find it's worth ten grand more than what they bought it for.
That's the whole point of the show though Shirley?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If you like HutH, you'll love Dave Gorman's take on it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You clearly have too much time on your hands :lolol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I can't be the only one who misses this programme and yes i could Sky+ it 'more of get Eggheads off or others take your pick but show Hu/H on BBC 2 in that 6/9pm slot. Plus get a few builders and finance people in to advise. For us its a decent watch on what you can do with a bit advice and money.

Has it ended then?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

A career in TV production awaits you. You have just described their pitch precisely.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Yes, i could not agree more, may I add a few more.
So many seem to have gone to the auction with no background work on the run down 100 year old property, the first time they see it is when they have the key and walk through the front door. Idiots.
The site of any estate agent let alone 2, pretending to know what they are talking about because they have a clipboard, makes me throw my slippers at the TV.
Even though its a one off they now call themselves 'property developers' even though they are massively over budget and cocked up the whole process from the start.

Now then, what you need to watch (if you have not already done so) is Grand Designs, a proper property development programme.
OK mistakes are made but it is understandable with some of the magnificent buildings, planning problems and designs they are dealing with.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I've heard this before somewhere.....women are just never satisfied

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I agree so avoid it like the plague along with the people selling junk at auctions. They are both obviously cheap to make television programs.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Now I know what @<a href="http://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=25123" target="_blank">SIMMO SAYS</a> does on a Sunday afternoon :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here