Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yeah nice ride Moto, you didn't exactly leave yourself a choice of roads, did you!

Ain't that the truth. The IOG is awkward to get to so it won't be a regular destination. I got a bit lost too. Should have downloaded a route as I wanted to avoid the main road as much as possible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ain't that the truth. The IOG is awkward to get to so it won't be a regular destination. I got a bit lost too. Should have downloaded a route as I wanted to avoid the main road as much as possible.

I take it there's only 1 reason why were both up so early on a Sunday.

Se you on Strava!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Hi Geeks

I have been so busy with work not been near here since the Vuelta, I have not even had time to look at the TDF France 2017 route yet either.

Me and the Missis were down to miss the Norwich match on Saturday, as you may know we love the Track cycling and get the best tickets, we have a pair of Saturday night tickets, London Velodrome, on the finish line (gangway 107 row 7) for the six dayer. Bar injury or accident (always possible with Cav) It should be Cav and Wiggo's last ever Madison ride in the UK and when they won the world cup pre Oyimpics the roof blew off.

We now have to go to France, we are selling the £56 plus booking fee tickets at £55 each, can send you the PDF tickets you will need to print. I hope I am not sounding like a tout, but we would much rather they go to a cycling fan who would get the enjoyment we would out of them. If you want them PM me, they will go up on other sites, so its first come.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...dline-world-class-london-six-day-field-290762

Anyhow if not, Allez Allez, Hut, Hut, Venga, Venga, keep riding and I will back around the Giro...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] I tried to sell your gite today but forgot everything other than it's near Foix, sorry.

Can I have the details again please.

https://www.strava.com/routes/6831445

Well Ladies and Gents, the next international break is coming up. So Tricky and G's entertainment PLC can now announce the next Geeks ride. Starting at Shoreham. Well Brighton City Airport as it is now, Saturday 12th November. 9.30am start.

Oh not long now gents! Let us know if ur coming so i make enuff coffee!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] I tried to sell your gite today but forgot everything other than it's near Foix, sorry.

Can I have the details again please.

Hello Stat!

It is not officially registered yet - but we have been to the Mairie today to set it in motion, so we will be ready for next summer, April onwards.

Also it's not a gite, except for in the months from October to April. It is a Chambres d'hotes - I'll be there, running it as a bed and breakfast.

But thanks for the promotional help!. Our place is in Quillan, East of Foix. Flights to Carcassonne from Stansted (I know...) are best, as there is a train from there that costs 1 euro! Gatwick to Toulouse means a longer journey at this end.

We have three ensuite doubles to rent out (and another that is not ensuite) - it's probably going to be in the region of 70 euros per night. As soon as things are more concrete, and when we get the website finalised, the geeks will be the first to know!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hello Stat!

It is not officially registered yet - but we have been to the Mairie today to set it in motion, so we will be ready for next summer, April onwards.

Also it's not a gite, except for in the months from October to April. It is a Chambres d'hotes - I'll be there, running it as a bed and breakfast.

But thanks for the promotional help!. Our place is in Quillan, East of Foix. Flights to Carcassonne from Stansted (I know...) are best, as there is a train from there that costs 1 euro! Gatwick to Toulouse means a longer journey at this end.

We have three ensuite doubles to rent out (and another that is not ensuite) - it's probably going to be in the region of 70 euros per night. As soon as things are more concrete, and when we get the website finalised, the geeks will be the first to know!
Ha cross conversations between here and Strava, all sorted now.

Colin's friend Colin is very keen on Carcassonne hence trying to do the right thing, but initially failing miserably!

Still it's a start.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I am absolutely DETERMINED to get the new Roubaix this year. It looks unbelievably good, and absolutely beautiful.

But if any bike were to change my mind...

The Roubaix is very nice. I fancied being a bit different this time round. I'd never heard of the Kuota being a novice. But once I found out it was Italian I was sold. Your place in France sounds fantastic. When it's up and running gonna have to try and get out there for some riding.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is a beauty [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION].

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hello Stat!

"I know the area quite well and sounds perfect to me".

A few more reactions like that and you'll wonder why you didn't make the move years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here