Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't care who I upset here. We're becoming a joke. You all know deep down If Ulloa goes. The money won't go back into the team. Okay maybe 500k of It. But that's It. Seriously when will people wake up. We are on a downward spiral If we sell again. Once a selling club always a selling club. Ohh and before you reply to give me shit i won't be replying back. I got work. Ta ta.

All this despite the fact we've already rejected 7M for a player we paid 2M for about a year & a half ago. But don't let facts get in the way of your bed wetting. :thumbsup:

Fact is, every player has a price at any level in football, if the valuation is exceeded or met they will most likely leave, it's football.... Get over it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sadly, it is true at least that on a regular basis we get gazumped by other clubs, our number one and even number two targets are snatched away for any number of reasons,.... not a joke, but a worrying trend. Our ability to compete in this division is in the balance here, pre season training is key to blending the tactical and team spirit components in building a team from a pretty thin starting position.

I'm not sure and the next month will be revealing. I suspect though (like you I guess) the emphasis is now going to be on developing the talent from within and perhaps our next 2/3 seasons will be more about that than an expectation of play offs

Certainly, with the even larger parachutes in play, trying to compete on a £ for £ basis looks increasingly foolish

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't care who I upset here. We're becoming a joke. You all know deep down If Ulloa goes. The money won't go back into the team. Okay maybe 500k of It. But that's It. Seriously when will people wake up. We are on a downward spiral If we sell again. Once a selling club always a selling club. Ohh and before you reply to give me shit i won't be replying back. I got work. Ta ta.

You get off to work, those plastic sheets won't test themselves :thumbsup:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The fact that Hyypia would make no comment about his talks with Ulloa would suggest to me that Ulloa has asked to leave. We have made a thing over the years about not standing in the way of players who are able to leave and better themselves as long as the club finds the fee acceptable. We have even been told that this is a selling point by the club when negotiating with new players. The temptation to take the big profit and let a potentially unhappy player leave whilst hoping to discover an up and coming talent will be too strong for the board to resist I suggest, especially with the desire to adhere to FFP.

I think if there was any chance of Ulloa staying we would have got a "Leo is enjoying his time here and looking forward to the season etc etc" platitude

All complete guesswork with not a sniff of fact to back it up of course..

He may want to leave, it's true, and I haven't a clue. But that Sami or the Club haven't said that Leo loves it here and wants to stay tells me nothing. The door to the outside world is permanently closed at the Amex. I like the rest of you I'm sure get restless and come onto NSC in the hope of seeing a star performer has signed for a zillion pounds. But I agree with their policy of secrecy because it's the best way to not get Gazumped and get the best from deals. Lots of things happen at the club that leave me thinking " I never saw that coming" and I live in hope that I will be once again thinking that in the forthcoming days. But patience is the key. :smile:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Please, don't be so silly.

We are not becoming a joke.

We have a lot of outstanding transfer business to be done before the start of the season ( or even the end of August deadline ), but that is all.

Everything else is pretty much fantastic.

I think you are very naive. I dont mean that to be disrespectful to you either, but if you base this year on the last few years, I think we are in a very poor position, season kicks off in 4 weeks, and we are thread bare. Rumours are only of players wanting to leave or clubs after our players. Its not a good position to be in. Add in the fact that you cant wear the new strip as you cant buy it, new fashion items / training kit is not launched yet when they have had months to get this ready for a big launch when the old deal expired, the club is in my opinion in a bit of a mess on and off the pitch. I understand transfers take time, but there has been plenty of time to since the end of the season, but I dont think the club has an excuse regarding the launch of the Nike kit and other stuff. It should of been done ages ago, kids are going on holiday now, and want to wear the kit, but cant. The club have missed out on so much revenue. We dont even have a number 2 yet for god sake. Just crazy.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I think you are very naive. I dont mean that to be disrespectful to you either, but if you base this year on the last few years, I think we are in a very poor position, season kicks off in 4 weeks, and we are thread bare. Rumours are only of players wanting to leave or clubs after our players. Its not a good position to be in. Add in the fact that you cant wear the new strip as you cant buy it, new fashion items / training kit is not launched yet when they have had months to get this ready for a big launch when the old deal expired, the club is in my opinion in a bit of a mess on and off the pitch. I understand transfers take time, but there has been plenty of time to since the end of the season, but I dont think the club has an excuse regarding the launch of the Nike kit and other stuff. It should of been done ages ago, kids are going on holiday now, and want to wear the kit, but cant. The club have missed out on so much revenue. We dont even have a number 2 yet for god sake. Just crazy.

Perspective's a funny old thing isn't it - "the club in my opinion in a bit of a mess on and off the pitch"' not in my book mate, strongest it's ever been IMHO and I'm quite comfortable waiting for new player news and the season to start. Perspective, maybe being on the other side of world removes me from it a bit or maybe it's just an age thing.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rumours are only of players wanting to leave or clubs after our players. Its not a good position to be in.
I'd be more bothered if other clubs weren't after our players. And rumours are just that and fairly meaningless. We have a decent budget and will put a decent squad together.

The only real concern I have - and it's a big one - is the number of clubs on parachute payments, combined with the number of wealthy clubs who are so willing to ignore FFP.

Add in the fact that you cant wear the new strip as you cant buy it
Seriously?
new fashion items / training kit is not launched yet when they have had months to get this ready for a big launch when the old deal expired, the club is in my opinion in a bit of a mess on and off the pitch.
Nah.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Perspective's a funny old thing isn't it - "the club in my opinion in a bit of a mess on and off the pitch"' not in my book mate, strongest it's ever been IMHO and I'm quite comfortable waiting for new player news and the season to start. Perspective, maybe being on the other side of world removes me from it a bit or maybe it's just an age thing.....

A bit of a mess is a bit strong, I agree and thats just frustration really. I want a new T shirt!!! and there are none for sale, that's means I don't have one for holiday!! so they have missed out on my £30.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Argentina to miss a hat full of goals against Holland tonight: Agüero, Messi, Higuaín all fail to find the target.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'd be more bothered if other clubs weren't after our players. And rumours are just that and fairly meaningless. We have a decent budget and will put a decent squad together.

The only real concern I have - and it's a big one - is the number of clubs on parachute payments, combined with the number of wealthy clubs who are so willing to ignore FFP.

Seriously?
Nah.

Why does it bother you that other clubs are supposedly unwilling to adhere to FPP?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why does it bother you that other clubs are supposedly unwilling to adhere to FPP?
Because it makes it harder for us to compete with them.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
That's the trouble with the internet - it's full of ill-informed, illiterate dickheads spouting their opinions as fact.
http://the72.co.uk/9086/2014/07/09/leicester-looking-at-leanardo/?
:wave:

I'm hoping there's a translated version somewhere.

If Pearson is to lure the 27-year-old away from Sami Hypia’s hands at Brighton, It will have to be a highly competitive offer in which Brighton can afford a suitable replacement with.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Baaadiff apparemtly after CMS....... even if true, won't happen IMO.

Jul 10, 2014 03:41:53 PM [TEL]Leicester City Make Final Off of £7.5m for Brighton Forward Leonardo UlloaJohn PercyJuly 10 (Telegraph) -- Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson to make final club-record £7.5 million bid for Brighton forward Leonardo UlloaNigel Pearson is set to return with a final £7.5million offer for Leonardo Ulloa and has offered Jamie Vardy a new contract.Pearson wants to sign a proven goalscorer this summer and is prepared to smash Leicester City’s transfer record with a renewed bid for Ulloa, the Brighton and Hove Albion forward.Leicester have already had at least three offers rejected for the Argentinian but are weighing up whether to pay the asking price and finally end their protracted pursuit.Sunderland forward Connor Wickham has also been considered by last season’s Championship winners with an inquiry made last week.But with Sunderland set to offer Wickham a new deal, Pearson is ready to step up his attempts to sign Ulloa who has always been the club’s No. 1 target.Ulloa, 27, is believed to have told Brighton of his desire to leave but any move has been held up by the steep asking price.Pearson is also focusing on keeping his squad together for the forthcoming season and Vardy, the forward, has been offered a new four-year deal.Vardy scored 16 goals last season and was the subject of interest from Southampton in the January transfer window.England under-21 international Liam Moore and highly-rated youngster Jeff Schlupp have also been offered one-year extensions.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Jul 10, 2014 03:41:53 PM [TEL]Leicester City Make Final Off of £7.5m for Brighton Forward Leonardo UlloaJohn PercyJuly 10 (Telegraph) -- Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson to make final club-record £7.5 million bid for Brighton forward Leonardo UlloaNigel Pearson is set to return with a final £7.5million offer for Leonardo Ulloa and has offered Jamie Vardy a new contract.Pearson wants to sign a proven goalscorer this summer and is prepared to smash Leicester City’s transfer record with a renewed bid for Ulloa, the Brighton and Hove Albion forward.Leicester have already had at least three offers rejected for the Argentinian but are weighing up whether to pay the asking price and finally end their protracted pursuit.Sunderland forward Connor Wickham has also been considered by last season’s Championship winners with an inquiry made last week.But with Sunderland set to offer Wickham a new deal, Pearson is ready to step up his attempts to sign Ulloa who has always been the club’s No. 1 target.Ulloa, 27, is believed to have told Brighton of his desire to leave but any move has been held up by the steep asking price.Pearson is also focusing on keeping his squad together for the forthcoming season and Vardy, the forward, has been offered a new four-year deal.Vardy scored 16 goals last season and was the subject of interest from Southampton in the January transfer window.England under-21 international Liam Moore and highly-rated youngster Jeff Schlupp have also been offered one-year extensions.

That really is big money and will definetly test the resolve of the board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here