Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the pressure getting to Karanka?

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
Meanwhile for us, Sean Dyche is just looking to get another 3 points, this time against QPR. It's one of 46 games we'll play this season - nothing more, nothing less. It wouldn't surprise me the only time he'll look at the table is when the season has finished!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Meanwhile for us, Sean Dyche is just looking to get another 3 points, this time against QPR. It's one of 46 games we'll play this season - nothing more, nothing less. It wouldn't surprise me the only time he'll look at the table is when the season has finished!

You keep kidding yourself that.

It was interesting to hear him lose his cool on 5Live as we were driving back from Birmingham, having won, and you'd drawn again as you stuttered along.

Still, it's all fallen into place nicely for you, and it's hard to see how you can blow it from here, and that's all that matters.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

It was interesting to hear him lose his cool on 5Live as we were driving back from Birmingham, having won, and you'd drawn again as you stuttered along.

Still, it's all fallen into place nicely for you, and it's hard to see how you can blow it from here, and that's all that matters.

Burnley haven't been free scoring, and got lucky in their last game. They should beat QPR, but then Brough should have beaten Birmingham and Ipswich. You just never know.

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
Burnley haven't been free scoring, and got lucky in their last game. They should beat QPR, but then Brough should have beaten Birmingham and Ipswich. You just never know.

Lucky in our last game? That was against PNE when we should have been at least 3-0 up at HT. I don't remember Preston creating any noteworthy chances and a 1-0 scoreline really flattered them.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Lucky in our last game? That was against PNE when we should have been at least 3-0 up at HT. I don't remember Preston creating any noteworthy chances and a 1-0 scoreline really flattered them.

Lucky as in a deflected free kick was your winner. You could have played all day and not got another. I seem to remember Preston getting quite close to an equaliser on a number of occasions. Yes I don't think you were ever gonna lose that match but without a huge deflection for your goal, you weren't really cutting PNE open. Still on to QPR.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

So what you're saying is you were so unlucky that in the end you were lucky?

Makes sense to me

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Steve Gibson looked as if he was going to throw up when Birmingham scored last night. Which was funny.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

The same bloke who spends the entirety of every game chirping at the officials and looking as if his face is going to explode? The one who looks like this :angry: and is a graceless, one eyed bellend who never compliments any other team and defends the indefensible because he's so uptight? That Sean Dyche?

Yeah, he's the epitome of calm and collected. :dunce:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think what I really like about Hughton is that he doesn't give the players excuses.

Sometimes- and I felt this with Poyet at times- if you keep blaming officials, or conspiracies, or whatever, then you subconsciously allow your players to think a situation is not their responsibility, and that what happens is out of their control. You give them a reason to fail. Always thought it's important to focus on what you can control, and don't worry about what you can't. I get the impression that's where our players are these days. Even with someone like Barton stamping all over Kayal, Hughton never ranted about it, just got on with the next game (which is refreshing from any manager). I bet he didn't let the players feel like they'd been hard done by.

When you start blaming somebody else, then you stop analysing your own mistakes, and you don't learn from them. I really do get the impression that the Albion lads feel like they're completely in charge of their own destiny, and that's brilliant to see.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Probably the thought of submitting this years FFP busting accounts and the subsequent transfer embargo.

I thought [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] suggested Boro would be OK on FFP, something to do with losses being spread around Gibson's businesses or something.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

You're right. It would be a monumental cock up if Burnley throw it away from here.

Imagine just how incandescent dyche would go if they did

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] suggested Boro would be OK on FFP, something to do with losses being spread around Gibson's businesses or something.

No, clubs can't do that, or they'd all be at it.

There is a holding company which supports Boro, in much the same way as Bloom does us. But it doesn't insulate either club from FFP regs.

Gibson reckons they have a Plan B if they don't go up this year...

Mr Gibson said in the report that there was a “plan B” if promotion is not achieved.

He said: “MFC are hoping to mount a serious challenge for promotion to the Premier League with all the attendant benefits but with a clear cost management plan in place in the event of the club continuing to perform in the Championship.”

Source: http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/boro-reveal-sharp-drop-annual-11156060

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

What a load of utter horseshit. How is it just another game when you have 3 teams going for 2 places. Do you honestly believe Dyche has not even looked at the league table? Utter crap.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Plan B is to sell Jordan Rhodes for his current market value. Unfortunately at this moment that's about £1.5m.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I hope I'm not tempting fate here but we haven't really suffered from bad refereeing decisions.
I know we are trying to gain every tiny bit of edge that might help us achieve our dreams but at the end of the day it will be decided
On the pitch.
LVG has been criticised all season for showing no emotion yet we see Christ Hughton displaying the same emotions &
Salute him for his calmness.
Next Saturday we will need to play better than we have played all season if we are to get a result.
Boro will have 31000 fans creating a very hostile environment for our players & fans.
Current form will have no bearing on this game it will be about which team deals better with the pressure.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I hope I'm not tempting fate here but we haven't really suffered from bad refereeing decisions.
I know we are trying to gain every tiny bit of edge that might help us achieve our dreams but at the end of the day it will be decided
On the pitch.
LVG has been criticised all season for showing no emotion yet we see Christ Hughton displaying the same emotions &
Salute him for his calmness.
Next Saturday we will need to play better than we have played all season if we are to get a result.
Boro will have 31000 fans creating a very hostile environment for our players & fans.
Current form will have no bearing on this game it will be about which team deals better with the pressure.

Impossible to say with certainty, but I think we would have 2 more points and Burnley one less, if Joey Barton had been sent off, as a majority feel he should have been, against us.
There have been others, but you have to accept that a certain amount of errors are going to go against you, and hopefully, roughly an equal number will go in your favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here