Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FourFourTwo magazine Top 50 Football League players list...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Vydra.

Barton.

Outside chance of Bridcutt.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Isn't he the one on loan at Coventry from Newcastle?

That may be a very good point. Just checked again and you are indeed correct!

The dangers of checking my phone while walking and seeing a C followed by City. I thought it was odd that I couldn't think of a Cardiff player by that name

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Dunk at 29, Knocky at 10, Kayal as mentioned at 26, and that's it folks.

No Bruno, Stockers, or Goldson, or Stephens, I don't think they really know what they are talking about.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It would appear that James Maddison, also Cov (on loan from Nrowich) is in at 28

I think I'm going to sound like a complete speccy nerd here, but I *think* Maddison is a Coventry youth team product, who was signed by Norwich in January, and who has been loaned back to them for the rest of the season to keep playing and learning. More of a genuine FL player than Armstrong, perhaps :)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Dunk at 29, Knocky at 10, Kayal as mentioned at 26, and that's it folks.

No Bruno, Stockers, or Goldson, or Stephens, I don't think they really know what they are talking about.

Who\s compiled this list? Is it readers, or FourFourTwo staff/'experts'?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think I'm going to sound like a complete speccy nerd here, but I *think* Maddison is a Coventry youth team product, who was signed by Norwich in January, and who has been loaned back to them for the rest of the season to keep playing and learning. More of a genuine FL player than Armstrong, perhaps :)

There's no thinking about it. You DEFINITELY sound like a nerd (Speccy or otherwise)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Apart from our lads, David Marshall only at 49 is a travesty, if there is a better keepr outside the prem i have yet to see him, and is a street and a half in front of Heaton.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is RIDICULOUS.

Surely, this poll is rendered MEANINGLESS by the absence of at least 49 players from #twats and The Champions of Europe

442 OUT

If you can name a single player in the current Pompey squad, then you're a better man than me, [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] :lolol:

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apart from our lads, David Marshall only at 49 is a travesty, if there is a better keepr outside the prem i have yet to see him, and is a street and a half in front of Heaton.

Agree. Only ever played brilliantly against us (and apparently did against Burnley last night too). Ridiculous to have him at the arse end of the list.

That said, Stockdale is worth a place. In fact, what the hell, never mind his goalkeeping skills: Stockdale is a better passer of the ball than a fair few of those players on the list are.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was talking to a couple of Brummies last night, and they couldn't believ a. how old Bruno is, and b. just how good he is. Reckoned he was the best fullback in the division, and possibly the best defender.

Still, obviously not good enough for a publication who had us nailed on to go down.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who\s compiled this list? Is it readers, or FourFourTwo staff/'experts'?

Three votes by fans of the opposition.

Last season it was http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/archive/index.php/t-225867.html

Celtic fans are gonna vote Beram Kayal.

The Bearded One is still unknown by name. Often mentioned. More often than Dunk that comes second in mentions, often slagged off. I have heard Hemed praised.

As Leeds, Boro and Derby have been on the TV most, they will have a fair number. McCormack will be in the top 10? I expect Dawson (Hull) and Ayala and Leadbitter (Boro) will be up there.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't get it. One minute we're congratulating ourselves for slipping under the radar and not being picked up as one of the best in the division by the footballing media; the next minute we're moaning because our players are slipping under the radar and not being picked as some of the best in the division by the footballing media.

:lolol::lolol:

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
So Bradley Dack is a better player than Beram Kayal - if this logic carries into my workplace I can consider myself better than Bill Gates :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here