Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stockdale and Walton - KEEP

Halford and Dunk - KEEP

Ince, Kayal and Stephens - KEEP

Baldock - KEEP

Obv not all the rest are out of contract or will be picked up, but in an ideal world that's all I'd have left next season.

This is about right.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Time to be ruthless and weed out the crap. Here's my selection of KEEP or GET RID, based on the assumptions that any remaining contracts will be paid up and we stay up:

Stockdale -mistakes made but also some worldy saves. Not certain he can organise a defence. Give him another season. KEEP
Walton -KEEP

Bruno -frustrating to watch, slow, one tempo. GET RID
Bennett -Not a great defender, good going forward, can't cross. GET RID
Chicksen -decent with potential. KEEP
Calderon -passionate. Decent squad option. KEEP
Halford -decent option in defence and up front. Long throw. KEEP
Greer - slow but decent. KEEP
Dunk - makes mistakes but loads of potential. KEEP
Hughes -Not needed with Greer and Halford. GET RID

LuaLua -super sub. KEEP
Holla -decent but too pedestrian. GET RID
Ince -as Dunk. KEEP
Kayal - Brilliant. KEEP
Stephens. Brilliant. KEEP
Crofts. Decent. KEEP
McCourt -really talented, however, flawed genius. Gutted to say this. GET RID
Jakey -as Dunk. KEEP
Texeira -did a job for us. Sights on bigger things. Injured. GET RID
Carayol -loads of pace but nothing more shown. GET RID
Kemy -waste of a wage. GET RID
Solly -as Dunk. KEEP

Best -decent but needs some supply. KEEP
Baldock -starting to come good, then injured. KEEP
CMS -Not enough goals, despite injury and loads of heart. GET RID
COG -Strong and honest, but not quite good enough. GET RID

In conclusion, loads of rebuilding to do in the summer to be competitive next season.

I was taking you seriously until that point......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Halford and Dunk - KEEP

Baldock - KEEP

Obv not all the rest are out of contract or will be picked up, but in an ideal world that's all I'd have left next season.

The problem with this is that the gimps in charge won't have anybody else signed up by the time the season starts. We'll end up playing nine players in our opener against Leeds (after we've signed Rotherham's second choice striker) and then some smug wanker will announce by email that we shouldn't worry because we'll have a squad to be proud of by November 15th.

And then Baldock will leave anyway because Brentford offered him £2.50 a week more.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Time to be ruthless and weed out the crap. Here's my selection of KEEP or GET RID, based on the assumptions that any remaining contracts will be paid up and we stay up:

Stockdale -mistakes made but also some worldy saves. Not certain he can organise a defence. Give him another season. KEEP
Walton -KEEP

Bruno -frustrating to watch, slow, one tempo. GET RID
Bennett -Not a great defender, good going forward, can't cross. GET RID
Chicksen -decent with potential. KEEP
Calderon -passionate. Decent squad option. KEEP
Halford -decent option in defence and up front. Long throw. KEEP
Greer - slow but decent. KEEP
Dunk - makes mistakes but loads of potential. KEEP
Hughes -Not needed with Greer and Halford. GET RID

LuaLua -super sub. KEEP
Holla -decent but too pedestrian. GET RID
Ince -as Dunk. KEEP
Kayal - Brilliant. KEEP
Stephens. Brilliant. KEEP
Crofts. Decent. KEEP
McCourt -really talented, however, flawed genius. Gutted to say this. GET RID
Jakey -as Dunk. KEEP
Texeira -did a job for us. Sights on bigger things. Injured. GET RID
Carayol -loads of pace but nothing more shown. GET RID
Kemy -waste of a wage. GET RID
Solly -as Dunk. KEEP

Best -decent but needs some supply. KEEP
Baldock -starting to come good, then injured. KEEP
CMS -Not enough goals, despite injury and loads of heart. GET RID
COG -Strong and honest, but not quite good enough. GET RID

In conclusion, loads of rebuilding to do in the summer to be competitive next season.

Poll required I think.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Halford and Dunk - KEEP

Baldock - KEEP

Plus:
Crofts - KEEP.
March - KEEP
And I am not that bothered about Stockdale.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
For what it's worth...

We need a brilliant centre back. We need some steel in midfield. But mainly, we need attacking players - attacking midfielders and strikers.

Stockdale - KEEP
Walton -KEEP

Bruno - KEEP
Bennett - KEEP
Chicksen - KEEP
Calderon - KEEP
Halford - KEEP
Greer - GET RID
Dunk - KEEP
Hughes - GET RID

LuaLua - KEEP
Holla - KEEP
Ince - KEEP
Kayal - KEEP
Stephens - KEEP
Crofts - GET RID
McCourt - GET RID
JFC - GET RID
Texeira - GET RID
Carayol - GET RID
Kemy - GET RID
Solly - KEEP

Best - GET RID
Baldock - KEEP
CMS - GET RID
COG - GET RID

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I know he's a great bloke and all that, but Calderon is past it. Bruno for all his eccentricities is a better full back.

I was thinking the same - and agree that Bruno is better, but what I really want is a significantly better RB who is not prone to Bruno's erratic moments of genius/brainfarting. And I'd personally prefer Calde as a backup, though I'm not totally sure why.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Send all loan players back.

Sell if possible or release Ankergren, Chicksen, Fenelon, COG, Lua Lua, Calderon, Hughes. McCourt Colunga

Offer New contract to CMS and either Halford or Calderon. Review Crofts and Agusten injury situation.

Keep the rest and sign 2 full backs, 1 CB , 1 .wide midfielder/AM and 1 striker. Possibly sign old 3rd choice keeper.when needed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was thinking the same - and agree that Bruno is better, but what I really want is a significantly better RB who is not prone to Bruno's erratic moments of genius/brainfarting. And I'd personally prefer Calde as a backup, though I'm not totally sure why.

Coz you luv him?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Bruno - OUT
Bennett - OUT
Chicksen - KEEP
Calderon - KEEP
Halford - KEEP
Greer - KEEP
Dunk - KEEP
Hughes - OUT

LuaLua - KEEP
Holla - OUT
Ince - KEEP
Kayal - KEEP
Stephens - FENCE
Crofts - KEEP
McCourt - OUT
JFC - OUT
Texeira - WON'T COME TO US ANYWAY
Carayol - FENCE
Kemy - OUT
Solly - KEEP
Fenelon - KEEP
Rea - KEEP
Harris - KEEP

Best - WORST PLAYER EVER IN A BRIGHTON SHIRT OUT !!!!!!
Baldock - FENCE
Mackail Smith - OUT
O'Grady - OUT

Walton - KEEP
STOCKDALE - OUT
ANKREGREN - OUT

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Keep list:
Stockdale
Kayal
Ince
Baldock
Bruno
KLL
Tex (another season loan when he recovers sometime around Sept)

The rest are either meh, or get rid. From Barber's interview on last weekend's Roar, it sounds like CH has been putting this list together and scouting potential replacements since February. Hopefully, this should prevent the last minute panic of last year.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
GONE:

Tex

GET RID:

Bennett
Halford
Best
Carayol
CMS
Kemy
Fenelon
Monakana
Hughes
McCourt
Maksimenko

SELL:

Dunk
OGrady if he wants to go.

50/50 GET RID:

Holla

KEEP:

The Rest

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Stockdale - Difficult act to replace Kuszczak IMO. Drop some clangers but made some great saves. Needs to have a bit more confidence in his back 4, which might only come from getting a new back 4! Keep
Walton - Massive potential, big KEEP

Bruno - Brilliant footballer. But can get it wrong. One more season I feel. - Keep.
Bennett - Can't defend, can't cross, too wrapped up in himself, not what we need. - Get rid.
Halford - Ever wondered why he's play for so many clubs? Not for me. - Get rid.
Greer - Worth one more season, but not a starter in my book. - Keep
Dunk - Word is he's been getting too big for his boots. A number of clubs have had a look and don't think he's ready for the PL. - Keep
Hughes - Never in the same league as Upson. An expensive we could have done without. £10k+ off the wage bill. - Get rid
Chicksen - Not going to be good enough. - Get rid.
Calderon - No room sentiment in football these days. - Get rid.
Maksimenko - Lets face it he won't be here - Get rid.

LuaLua - Lacking confidence. Maybe due to negative tactics? Always looks dangerous, rarely has the end product. - Keep.
Holla - You wouldn't believe he's played in the top division of the Dutch league most of his career. Too slow for the championship. - Get rid.
Ince - Looks awkward on the ball at times. But when he gives it away he always seems to stick out one of those long legs. Another with great potential. - Keep
Kayal - One of the very few pluses this season. Build a team around him. - Keep.
Stephens - Has been excellent since returning. Or is it that Holla, JFC, Gardner etc have been that shit? - Keep.
March - Like his lad. Could be excellent. Needs time to develop and needs to stay injury free next term. - Keep.
Crofts - Worth seeing if he's still the player he looked like being. Keep.
Kemy - What can you say. Came here FAT, lazied his way through the games he played. Sat on his 4rse and 'twittered' a lot. Another £10k+ off the wage bill. - Get rid.
JFC - Has potential. A regular U21 international. Would keep, but if we were to get any sort of decent offer... - Keep.
McCourt - Never understood the loving for his guy. Looked and played like a tramp. Another substantiate wage off the books. Get rid.
Texeira - Bit of a luxury. When he's good he's very very good, but he wasn't enough of the time. Not going to get in the Liverpool team. Depending upon availability, wages, fitness I would - Keep
Carayol - Remember seeing him at Bristol Rovers and he was just pace. Has he really developed at Middsb'? Not really sure in a FFP world that he's worth a punt. - Get rid.
Monakana - He was probably worth a punt when we signed him. Hasn't developed and out of contract so expect him to be let go. Get - rid.

Best - I haven't seen a striker as poor. Something like 3 goals in 4 seasons. Injury prone. Must be on a wedge. Shit, get rid and never mention his name in these parts again. - Get rid.
Fenelon - Not going to make it. - Get rid.
Baldock - Thought he was just starting to become good. One of those who is definitely a better player for being injured. Are we going to play 2 up top next season? - Keep.
CMS - I said back in January having seen his lost confidence that he would never score for us again. Feel I might be right. It's caught up with him and its time to say thank you and goodbye. Get rid.
COG - League 1 striker but is different to what we've got. On a lot of money. Tricky this one. - Get rid.

That's 14 kept and a hell of a lot of wages freed up!

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We're very lucky to have a right back as good as Bruno. Regardless of his age he's extremely intelligent on the ball and that makes up for his slowing pace. In short, he's quality and I'm glad the club saw fit to extend his contract. I'd let Hughes and Chicksen go. Again, defensive isn't out problem and a combination of Greer/Dunk/Halford are as good as any in this league.

Upfront I'd keep Baldock and COG and release Best, Fenelon and CMS.

Midfield honestly isn't our problem. I'd keep them all bar Kemy, McCourt and Carayol.

We need a quality striker or two. That's all we're missing. There isn't quite as much deadwood as people think.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
This but without Bennett (who has been utter turd as a defender IMO) and Halford.

I'd also keep Chicksen, Fenelon, Calde as backup but get rid of Bruno and bring in a new, younger right back.

I would look to sign Bennett as a genuine attacking left sided player. He cant defend, but he is a very creative and skilful footballer, bags of potential going forward. Sign Bennett and a decent LB and part of our problems are solved.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would look to sign Bennett as a genuine attacking left sided player. He cant defend, but he is a very creative and skilful footballer, bags of potential going forward. Sign Bennett and a decent LB and part of our problems are solved.

That is a possibility as left midfield has been a major problem for us this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here